Maza Rodriguez at PSV Eindhoven Part IV [R]

Discussion in 'Mexicans Abroad' started by CyberAce100, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shzm13

Shzm13 Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Puro Durango
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    But pagz said it'd be likely that he'd start :(

2. Al Brinco

Al Brinco Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Club Necaxa
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    2-1 now... 70th minute. How often do defenders get subbed in/out?

3. El_Huero

El_Huero Member+

Dec 21, 2009
    EduarDitto "The Pelé of Anal"
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    3-1. Sub Maza in

4. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Sorry :)

Next match in Europa League will be against Rangers. Beatable.

5. Vinodivino

Vinodivino Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Any highlights, Paganitzu?

6. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
  7. El_Huero

El_Huero Member+

Dec 21, 2009
    EduarDitto "The Pelé of Anal"
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Pagz to the lions!
    :cool:

1 person likes this.
  8. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    As promised

http://www.eredivisie.nl/video/autoplay/34153/samenvatting_psv-lille.html

Another interesting aspect is the possible Champions League draw next season. Current club ranking:
    From the teams above us HSV, Sevilla and Werder Bremen will not reach the CL this year. Top-16 means Pot 2, what increases the opportunity of reaching the second round in the Champions League.

Atlético Madrid is out of Europe, so you could say that 1 victory vs Rangers would be enough to get past Atletico Madrid. I don't expect Olympique Marseille to beat Manchester United. There is also a slight opportunity of getting passed Benfica. But to make it easy, I'll say PSV will end 21th.

Minus the 3 teams above us that will not reach the CL "for sure", means we'll be 18th. Means another 2 clubs above us are not allowed to reach the CL.

Other teams who might not reach the CL are
    So you can see that íf PSV reaches the Champions League, PSV is very likely to be in pot-2 what means that PSV will have a decent opportunity in reaching the second round of the Champions League. Especially if v. Bommel (and v. Nistelrooy) will return to Eindhoven. Dzsudzsak just extended his contract. I do often say I like the Europa League, I really do. But I do miss the Champions League even more.

Example of Pot 3 teams in this year's Champions League
    Those are, besides the Spurs, equal or worse than PSV.

Well, back to the Europa League

Ajax will play against Spartak Moskow, 4rth in Russia so beatable.
    Twente will play against Zenith, 1st in Russia, will be incredibly difficult.

Ajax and PSV should be able to win and reach the Quarters. Last time that happened was in 2001/2002, with a legendary PSV - Feyenoord Quarter Final. PSV was on his way to the semi's, till in the 90th minute, V. Hooijdonck equalized and Feyenoord won after penalties. They suprised against Inter and in the final they beated Dortmunt. I can still remember that day (Fey - PSV). I wasn't allowed to stay up, so I listened to the radio in my bed without my parents knowing that I did. Volume at lowest stand possible. Under the blanket with my ears ón the radio. Damn, I was angry when Feyenoord scored. Oh, a PSV - Ajax in the Quarters would be fun.

A year to remember, since a day before the UEFA Cup final in the Kuip, Pim Fortuyn got killed by Volkert vd. G. Disgrace the Dortmunt fans could keep their mouth shut during the minute of silence. Fortuyn was a Feyenoord fan and his murder was the first political murder since Willem of Orange, who got killed by Balthasar Gerards in 1584. Willem of Orange is seen as the father of the Netherlands, he leaded the rebellion during the "80-jarige Oorlog" against the Spanish. If Fortuyn wouldn't have been killed, it's very likely that he would had become the president of the Netherlands. After that murder, the Netherlands has slowly turned into a conservative country, it's a incident that changed the way of thinking in a negative way if you ask me.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoQZ-BcGQLw"]YouTube - Feyenoord - PSV ( Uefa Cup Kwartfinale )[/ame]

Take a look at the players who played:

PSV
    Feyenoord
    PSV's team was quite average, but look at Feyenoord's attack. V. Persie, Tomasson, v. Hooijdonk!. Kalou is older Kalou, not Chelsea Kalou.

Still not sleeping? I'll give up.

9. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    PSV - Ajax tomorrow, often a highly entertaining match. Last year it ended in a 4-3 victory, the year before a 6-2 victory. In all the 54 PSV - Ajax editions,only 1 ended in a 0-0. It has an average of 3.5 goals/match.

Some interesting results in the past have been:

1956-1957 Eredivisie PSV-Ajax 2-3
    1957-1958 Eredivisie PSV-Ajax 0-5
    1960-1961 Eredivisie PSV-Ajax 1-3
    1962-1963 Eredivisie PSV-Ajax 5-2
    1964-1965 Eredivisie PSV-Ajax 3-0
    1969-1970 Eredivisie PSV-Ajax 1-3
    1970-1971 Eredivisie PSV-Ajax 0-3
    1972-1973 Eredivisie PSV-Ajax 0-3
    1973-1974 Eredivisie PSV-Ajax 3-1
    1975-1976 Eredivisie PSV-Ajax 6-2
    1976-1977 Eredivisie PSV-Ajax 3-1
    1977-1978 Eredivisie PSV-Ajax 2-3
    1978-1979 Eredivisie PSV-Ajax 3-1
    1980-1981 Eredivisie PSV-Ajax 3-1
    1981-1982 Eredivisie PSV-Ajax 3-0
    1982-1983 Eredivisie PSV-Ajax 4-0
    1984-1985 Eredivisie PSV-Ajax 4-0
    1987-1988 Eredivisie PSV-Ajax 4-2
    1988-1989 Eredivisie PSV-Ajax 1-4
    1990-1991 Eredivisie PSV-Ajax 4-1
    1991-1992 Eredivisie PSV-Ajax 3-2
    1993-1994 Eredivisie PSV-Ajax 4-1
    1994-1995 Eredivisie PSV-Ajax 1-4
    1998-1999 Eredivisie PSV-Ajax 3-1
    1999-2000 Eredivisie PSV-Ajax 4-0
    2006-2007 Eredivisie PSV-Ajax 1-5
    2008-2009 Eredivisie PSV-Ajax 6-2
    2009-2010 Eredivisie PSV-Ajax 4-3

In matches against Ajax, stars have been born.

Some clips of epic matches

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Sx32M5yXIQ"]YouTube - PSV - AJAX 4-3 16 augustus 2009!![/ame]

Only 4 of that PSV team will start tomorrow. Only 5 of that Ajax team will start tomorrow. Crazy how quickly teams change in his league, 60% of a team changes évery year. From those teams, Afellay currently plays for Barcelona, Emanuelson for AC Milan, Suarez for Liverpool, Lazovic for Zenith, Salcido for Fulham ed.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI4useUz8u4"]YouTube - psv-ajax 6-2[/ame]

From those teams, only Isaksson, Dzsudzsak and Toivonen will start tomorrow. From the Ajax team, only vd. Wiel. Only 2 years ago, but 90% of both teams have changed.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fdkWUrizBo"]YouTube - Samenvatting PSV - AJAX 1-5 (2007)[/ame]

Anoter interesting match, legendary for the result and legendary for the celebrating ref Braamhaar after the 1-5. If you look back, some huge names played where part of the Ajax/PSV squad those days. At that moment, many of them where still unkown.

Stam, Cocu, Huntelaar, Sneijder, Afellay, Emanuelson, Heitinga, Vermaelen, Gomes, Alex, Babel, Kluivert, Stekelenburg, Farfan, Reiziger, Grygera.

Salcido also played that match, unlike the names above, he failed to become famous. Some of the names above where quite average though, especially Kluivert en Reiziger.

Epic Ajax 1994/1995 squad vs PSV

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFiz2wd7g3I"]YouTube - psv - AFC Ajax - 23 Oktober 1994[/ame]

Interesting for you guys, Maza won't play. Next match is PSV - Rangers for the Europa League.

10. JUANMADETWINS

JUANMADETWINS Member

Aug 4, 2010
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Maza needs his drinking partner salcido thus the dipping in form for him, no worries when he gets back for nt games there will b plenty of drinking partners, :D

11. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    hope you ignored my advice to watch, was boring

12. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    It's Carnaval, and during Carnaval PSV never loses. One of the most epic matches ever played by PSV during Carnaval was PSV - Arsenal.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwgdXazR6KA"]YouTube - psv 1 - 0 arsenal (Gol de Mendez)[/ame]

I really miss the Champions League

THis one was less epic, but not less crazy.

Excelsior got an undeserved penalty in the 90th minute, 2-2, PSV got an undeserved penalty in the 92th minute, 2-3

http://www.eredivisie.nl/video/autoplay/34452/Samenvatting_Excelsior-PSV.html

Maza on the bench, next match is vs Rangers

13. mopey04

mopey04 New Member

Nov 27, 2005
    thank you pagz

14. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    20.000 told so far, hope we'll get to the 30.000.

Maza won't play I guess, Marcelo will be suspended after another yellow card so Maza is likely to play in the return or in the Quarter Final.

Bwin's favorites are:

1. Manchester City
    2. FC Porto
    3. Liverpool
    4. Zenit St Petersburg
    5. Benfica
    5. Bayer Leverkusen
    7. Villarreal
    8. CSKA Moskou
    9. Paris St Germain
    10. PSV Eindhoven
    11. AFC Ajax
    11. Dinamo Kiev
    13. FC Twente
    14. Spartak Moskou
    14. Glasgow Rangers
    16. Braga

I personally think the Dutch teams underrated (Twente!), so if you want to take a bet, do it!

PSV and Ajax are very likely to reach the Quarters and Twente has a decent opportunity against Zenit. Rangers has 8 injuries and Zenit misses 3 a 4 important players. Still, Twente misses Ruiz who's vital for them.

One of the last matches against Rangers where in 2000

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xw-HDspRMg"]YouTube - Rangers 4 PSV 1[/ame]

Can't find material of home match, guess that ended in a 1-1 draw.

15. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Maza will decide this week if he wants to stay, wierd enough I think I've already posted this several times but Brands says so.

Just managed to buy 2 tickets for PSV - Rangers for only 32 euro's, 16 euro for 1 ticket. If you buy it at the normal way, those tickets will cost you 40 euro's (so for 2 tickets, 80 euro's) :)

Good deal I guess, PSV decided to sell about 3000 tickets via vakantieveilingen.nl, average price paid was yesterday 55 euro's and today about 42 euro's. Haven't seen any going away cheaper than mine. Took me over 3 hours though.

16. Post the Rangers vs Feyenoord highlights and tell the Ranger fans Dudzy is at least as good a free kicker as van Hooijdonk:p That should freak them out:D

17. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    :D It will help for sure

Salcido's replacement can dance

[​IMG]

Good leftback, is getting populair with the fans. PSV expect that Maza wants to stay, I personally don't understand why.

18. guado

guado Member+

Jun 30, 2004
    ocotengo miedo
    Club:
    Inverness Caledonian Thistle
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia

thats because his free kicks are legendary

19. Agapito X Fa

Agapito X Fa Member+

Apr 21, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  20. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Expect bullshit, haven't read it in Dutch newspaper.

That said that Brands will hear from Maza this week if he wants to extend his contract, but that he expects he'll say yes.

But I don't understand your sentence

Heard today that Rutten thinks about saving Marcelo or Bouma since both could be suspended if they get a yellow card. He's afraid both will get yellow and since the difference between Marcelo and Maza isn't that big, starting with Maza might be the smartest thing to do.

21. Agapito X Fa

Agapito X Fa Member+

Apr 21, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    No love for Mazabauer? played the 90 minutes

22. Al Brinco

Al Brinco Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Club Necaxa
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    did he? me la perdi cabron... ni sabia :(

Anybody got any highlights?

23. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Can't remember him making any mistakes, unfortunately PSV did make some.

Highlights somewhere at eredivisie.nl

24. JUANMADETWINS

JUANMADETWINS Member

Aug 4, 2010
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Maza getting 90 is huge que la defensa sea Europea.

25. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Today match vs Rangers, Maza isn't expected to start. Íf Marcelo get a yellow card, he'll be suspended for the Quarter final (if they beat Rangers)

Next year, only Dutch teams are allowed to play in Europe. That's because the Netherlands ended 10th on the UEFA Ranking, mainly thanks to two weak European years in 2007/2008 and 2008/2009. In those two years, the Dutch teams managed to earn 11.000 points. To compare, the Dutch already earned 10.333 points in this year only and 20.000 over the last two seasons.

But this was last year's ranking:

6 Russia 43.791
    ------------------------- Below, 2 CL spots, 3 EL spots, above 3 CL spots and 2 E
    7 Ukraine 39.550
    8 Romania 39.491
    9 Portugal 38.296
    ------------------------ Below, 2 CL spots, 2 EL spots
    10 Netherlands 36.546
    11 Turkey 34.450

This year, the Dutch managed to get into the top-9 again, partly thanks to two great seasons point-wise. The Dutch managed to win 9.416 points last season (enough to end 7th in the year-ranking) and 10.333 this year, enough to be 7th in this year-ranking with possibilities to raise even more.

1. England 16.500
    2. Germany 14.833
    3. Spain 14.357
    4. Portugal 13.000
    5. Italy 11.157
    6. France 10.583
    7. Netherlands 10.333
    8. Russia 10.083
    9. Ukraine 9.583
    10. Greece 7.600

If Benfica + PSV for example win today, the Dutch will be 6th, the French are having an horrible European season. If PSV + Ajax win and Twente reaches the Quarters as well, the Dutch will get passed Italy. But I don't expect Ajax to win, although it's not impossible since they where múch better at home than Spartak. They should have won with 5-0, but lost with 0-1. That happens sometimes.

The Dutch year-rankings since 1999 ;)

1999: 14
    2000: 8
    2001: 11
    2002: 6 -> UEFA Cup victory by Feyenoord
    2003: 12
    2004: 12
    2005: 4 -> Semi Final CL by PSV and semi-final UEFA Cup by AZ Alkmaar
    2006: 10
    2007: 7 -> Salcido Arrived begin of that season
    2008: 16 -> Moreno arrived in winterbreak
    2009: 13 -> Maza Arrived begin that season
    2010: 7 -> Salcido left at the end of this season
    2011: 7

See? Maza (+Moreno) brought the Eredivisie back into the top-7 of best leagues in Europe!