May Friendlies

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by crzdcolombian, Jan 30, 2014.

1. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Jordan is not that bad. Sure, Uruguay smashed them in the middle east during the playoffs but other than that they have played decently the last couple years.

Good test before Greece.

2. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  3. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  4. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Jordan is middle eastern not African and they located technically in afc

5. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Oh wait that's right they played against Uruguay.

efernandez9 repped this.
  6. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #81 pibe10, Apr 2, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
    You do realize that our achievements in the WC has nothing to do with the friendlies, right? You said exactly the same on August 2012 when Pekerman gave up on friendly and decided to make a training camp instead and what happened next? We won 4 games in a row...What Pekerman should do so you can finally trust him? Either we succee or fail in Brazil, it won't be because of the friendlies, so give it a rest already!

pepinointer and krass repped this.
  7. krass

krass Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    thats true.. people in Colombia are like if we dont play Spain, Germany, Italy, Brasil and so on , then its like we dont hava a chance...

I think that comes from the time when we used to take care too much about the other teams more than about our own team

pepinointer and pibe10 repped this.
  8. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I agree. People have to understand that the most important thing is to keep building our chemistry between the players, maybe to try other options in specific positions much more then the question if we play vs. Malta or Italy. I will keep remind here to people that before the WC 1994 we won basically almost every friendly we had, some of them vs. the best teams in the world such as Bayern Munich & Milan (European champ back then) and yet we blew it in the money time. We should take care to play good in Brazil and that's it. Let our rivals to worry about us and not vise versa.

krass repped this.
  9. krass

krass Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    speaking of witch...

any new formation that we should try out... maybe more minutes for some players?

the other day i saw a 3-2-3-2 and i kinda liked it... maybe if we are losing a game or the other team lost a player..

id like to use subs for the next friendlies and give JFQ more minutes as our 10 o even a second striker

10. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    If we had a decent pool of CB, then I would like to try Osorio's formation in Nacional which is 3-3-3-1. That could work as well. For example:

---------------Ospina-----------------

Perea--------Zapata----------Yepes

Zuñiga------Aguilar---------Armero

Cuadrado-----Guarin-------James

---------------Falcao----------------

Another option is to put James instead of Guaro, to move Cuadrado to the left side and put Teo on the right flank. Then, we have Zuñiga & Armero as full backs who can support the attack without worry so much since we have another 3 in the back. In this formation we took treble last year.

11. krass

krass Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    just for mental masturbation :)

------JGC---Zapata---Valencia
    -----------ALR----AAA---------
    Bacca---JFQ---James---Ramos
    ---------------Jackson

AAA= Abel Aguilar
    ALR= Aldo Leao

pibe10 repped this.
  12. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    LOL :D All out offense, we will lose every game with a score of 10-8

13. krass

krass Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    you think so?
    well thatd explain why ive never become trainer of the NT :)
    but to be honest, i think the other team had all hands full trying to stop us... so it might look extremely offensive but the mentality factor would be awsome.. we wouldnt lose the ball and if we score one or two goals with that team... then the game would be done :)

just to recall... the second half against Chile...

------------Perea------Yepes----
    JGC----------------Guarin-------Armero
    ---------------Macnelly------James--------Bacca
    ----------------Falcao------Teo

14. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    The only experiment I am dying to see is both James and JuanFer on the field at the same time.

15. krass

krass Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    watch the second half of the game in Asuncion Par 1 Col 2

pepinointer and Froboy69 repped this.
  16. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I watched it. I want to see it from the start.

Froboy69 repped this.
  17. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Quintero will need to take the position of Torres if he can build that stamina.

18. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Quintero needs to receive more minutes in Porto. His form isn't good this year, mostly because lack of playing time. I have a huge dilemme with Cuadrado. On one hand, I want him to start since he is in outstanding form this year in Italy but on the other hand, he is our secret weapon as a super sub (not less important job) when things didn't go well and it'll be a shame to give up on him regarding this role. But as I see him this season in the Serie, I intend more and more to give him the starting XI spot, he surely deserve it. If everyone is healthy I would like to see vs. Greece:

-------------------Ospina----------------

Zuñiga------Valdez----Yepes-----Armero

-------------Valencia----Abel-----------

Cuadrado--------------------------James

----------Teo------------------------------

-------------------Falcao------------------

19. krass

krass Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    yesterday i watched the game vs Tunisia again and i noticed others things... you know things that you just can see with a cool head..
    Macnelly went in for JGC and we started to play like this

Arias----Perea----Valencia----Balanta
    -------------------AAA
    ----------Macnelly---------ALR
    ---------------------James------Ramos
    --------------------Teo

that was a pretty offensive team

the message: We might lose with Pekerman, but we'll never give up and if necessary Colombia will go all in

* AAA will see a lot of minutes in the wc... this guy may be not as popular as falcao, but the job that he does is highly essential for a good performance of the team

* I also prefer JGC coming in from the bench... BUT for the Greece game we will need players that can generate spaces... and besides JGC we just have JFQ with such qualities

HomietheClown repped this.
  20. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Well it's a good thing that Quintero IS getting those precious minutes~

Although I am right now worried with Guarin.

21. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Guarin is not going. Hasn't played in the friendlies and is in real bad form at Inter. I see Quintero having more of a shot. As long as Falcao says he wants to go and can at least run he is going to be on the NT. All our players are recovering from injury or in really bad form right now. Yet the WC is a couple months away so hoping for the best. I just don't understand when people go Macnelly should start over Cuadrado haha.

Team is set -8/9 of 23

----------------Ospina----------------
    Zuniga/Arias---??????-----Yepes----- Armero
    -------------?????? -------???????-------------
    Cuadrado---------------------------James
    ---------Teo ------------ Falcao/Jackson----

Other 2 goalies
    - Vargas + Mondragon

CBs - we will bring 3-5 considering how old Yepes is
    - Zapata - Better partnership with Yepes if both healthy
    - Perea - God I wish he gets injured and we call Murillo instead
    - Valdez - Great with all 3 of the other CBs.
    - Balanta/Medina - Both can be wing backs

Wingbacks
    - Balanta/Medina
    -Arias

CMs
    - Abel
    - Aldo
    - Valencia
    - Sanchez or Meija ( I personally think Meija is a much better player yet not many minutes)
    - Quintero or Macnelly
    * Guarin, Soto,

CFs
    - Bacca
    - Ibarbo - can use as a MF
    - Ramos - Again can play for James or Cuadrado
    * Muriel just hasn't had a good season and 0 minutes in friendlies way too selfish as well when he played.

Would love

---------------Ospina------------------
    Arias-----Zapata---Yepes/Valdez---Armero
    ---------------Valenica/??-------------------
    ----Cuadrado-------James------Zuniga/Ibarbo
    -----------Falcao-----------Jackson/Ramos/Bacca/Teo

too bad we don't have a top class DM or a Vidal. I wish Guarin had developed into that but this squad would be insane. Celis and Cuellar look promising but its too late to bring them in. I like Aldo at that role but his defensive ability isn't good enough and he is too old for a role like that. Abel is too slow for that position as well.

22. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Guarin is mentally stressed and that's what I am worried about; he doesn't have good relationships with each coach entirely and he's getting heat. I feel that he should skip out on the next friendly so that he can rest his mind and get everything together.

We are going to need him in the world cup, but we need hi to be mentally prepared.

And I am sure that Torres and Cuadrado can just simply start together as always; do you want Cuadrado to work in the middle?

23. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think Macnelly is a shit player and has always been a shit player. Costenos love that douche that has 1 pass a game and people are like WOW NEW EL Pibe. Prefer Quintero, Cardona, James to a guy like that any day of the year.

Cuadrado should be our RM. Its the position Pekerman put Guarin in at one point and doesn't work. Guarin is competing with Aldo, Macnelly and Abel. Out of the 4 he has the least amount of minutes. Quintero is there too but he can play for Cuadrado or James if needed. Guaro is a hot head and shoots to much. He doesn't know if he should either shoot, pass or cross and almost always makes the wrong choice. He had 1 good half season at Porto and thats about it. His passing is very good and he is strong but he doesn't really use his head much. I just don't see a place for Guarin even if he goes back to being as good as he was for Porto and scoring a goal every other game. Its not mental he just a very limited player that doesn't work in our current set up or at Inter. That being said I like Guarin much more than the other 4 guys that he is fighting for a spot with. I just see it as Abels spot to lose and Pekerman really liking Aldo.

24. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    you're really insane if you think Guarin doesn't deserve a spot. Even if you think he's in crap form he's a starter mf for INTER MILAN. They booked him thru 2017. You make it sound like playing MF for one of the most historic club teams in the world is so easy.

25. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #100 HomietheClown, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
    I will say this against Guarin... ...he really shot himself in the foot by getting the two yellows in Paraguay.
    He is not as valuable now since he will miss the first match. And if we are successful in that match Pekerman will more than likely keep the same recipe for success in the Ivory Coast match.

I think he should be on the roster though. I just doubt he will play many minutes unless we have 6 points and a Round of 16 spot solidified going into the Japan match.
    In that case he will probably start in that one.

ryu79 repped this.