Matthew Taylor at Kickers Offenbach [R]

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, May 27, 2009.

1. keller4president

Jan 5, 2006
    Testudo and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  2. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His sixth goal of the season can be found at the 2:30 mark.

Testudo and Hobo repped this.
  3. Hobo

Hobo Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    very well taken!

4. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
    As is often the case w Yanks Abroad, no news is bad news for Taylor. Goalless since November.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  5. Testudo

Testudo Member+

Jan 29, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LouisianaViking07/09 and Hararea repped this.
  6. Testudo

Testudo Member+

Jan 29, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Taylor will leave Münster after the season (he is out of contract then). No new club so far as far as I know, but Münster has already announced that he is one of four players who will not stay for next year.

8. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It feels like Father Time is catching up with Taylor. His production this year dipped well below what he accomplished in the same league in 2012/13 with Münster and in 2010/11 with Ahlen.

Not sure what his plans are from here on out. He had quite a good run in Germany for an MLS washout. Two very solid seasons in the 3. Liga and he had plenty of opportunities in the 2.Bundesliga even though he never really made the grade there. It really didn't work out at Paderborn and FSV Frankfurt, but he did bag a somewhat respectable 7 goals in 22 appearances (14 starts) for Koblenz back in 2008/09.

Hararea and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  9. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I shall not forget his hat trick against Werder Bremen not too long ago in the German Cup. Guess he'd give another 3 Bundesliga club a chance or might he try his luck in MLS? Does he have a family there?

10. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
    On a vaguely related note, whenever I notice one of Taylor's fellow Chivas USA originals who is still playing in Mexico, I always feel a little tinge of nostalgia. The ones I'm aware of are Sergio Garcia, who's been starting in goal for Tigres, and Isaac Romo, who's had a long if undistinguished run in LigaMX. (During his time in MLS, Romo was monumentally dirty player.)

Getting back to Taylor, this article seems to indicate that Preussen Munster recognized him before a recent game.
    http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...taylor-nach-saisonende-kein-preusse-mehr.html

Testudo repped this.
  11. Martin Fischer

Martin Fischer Member+

Feb 23, 1999
    Kampala. Uganda
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He previously washed out of MLS and I am not sure washing out of the third level of German soccer will be very enticing to MLS clubs. But who knows.

12. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    well yeah. I'd figure he either stays or he comes home and tries for MLS or NASL. But you're right, he def won't be in charge of what he's going in regard to MLS.

13. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Interview with Münster manager Ralf Loose.
    http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/..._loose_taylor-hatte-viele-moeglichkeiten.html

Hararea and Testudo repped this.
  14. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    what was the problem with his performing this season? Just the passage of time or greater squad competition or what?

15. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
  16. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    The recently relegated Saarbrücken?

Regionalliga Südwest?

4th Tier?

17. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
    A man who knows what Klinsi is looking for. ;)

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  18. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    That would be Regionalliga Bayern.

19. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would be interested in seeing how many goals Taylor could score in the Regionalliga and how that would compare to Green and Boyd.

20. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Curious as to why he would sign for a club in the 4th division. It's semi-pro right? Can't he be making more in NASL or being a bench warmer in MLS? Or a move to Austria?

21. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
    He's at the same club Wynalda played for in the Bundesliga. Even though they've fallen on hard times, they may still have given him a good deal. In any case, no reason to think an MLS team would want him.

22. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Well I didn't mean to say a MLS desired him, but have to think MLS with their growth and all, wouldn't mind snatching him up. He has experience in Germany (albeit lower divisions) but he'd be up for cheap.

23. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    He can probably make $150K-$200K here.

Considering that there is no TV revenue to speak of below BL II, the money is generated by the attendance and the sponsorships and that doesn't change from BL III down to RL too much. SB is actually playing in a very nice stadium, although not to too many fans. The city itself is big enough for this level also.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  24. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First game Aug 1 at Homburg.

25. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009