Matthew Jones

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by MetroChile, Jun 3, 2004.

1. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Why did he retire?

2. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    What's your source?

Isn't this the kid that Southampton was chasing just a year or two ago?

3. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Yeah, also sold by Leeds, and also never able to hold down a solid regular spot in the Foxes starting 11. Soccernet.com was my source, btw (Espn).

4. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
  5. Forest fan

Forest fan New Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Nottingham
    We had him here at Nottingham Forest for a trial some time ago, we couldn't afford him back then.

Glad we didn't get him now! :D

6. sokkerluver

sokkerluver Red Card

Jul 22, 2004
    Chicago,Illinois,USA
    So sad!! Hope he can still get involved with the game somehow!! i.e. manager etc..

7. sokkerluver

sokkerluver Red Card

Jul 22, 2004
    Chicago,Illinois,USA
    So sad!! Hope he can still get involved with the game somehow!! i.e. manager etc..

8. lcfc2004

lcfc2004 New Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Leicestershire
    The reason why Matt Jones retired was because his career at Leicester was plagued with injury. When he looked like he was finally coming back he injured his back while on trial with Forest I think it was, and after a while it because obvious he wouldn't be able to return. He was also on quite high wages which he was constantly critisised for because he was always injured. It was a shame he retired because he obviously tried very hard to make a return but it was commendable of him not to stay to the end of his contract and carry on picking up his wages.

9. James2476

James2476 New Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Grantham, Lincs
    Did you hear what Forest offered him? £50,000 a year for a 23-year-old Welsh international who was on £15,000 a WEEK.

Silly Forest, why are their supporters on here anyway?!

10. King Rooney

King Rooney New Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Leicester
    its a shame to see him retire so soon but at least i get to hear his funny welsh voice on the radio.

11. Heff

Heff New Member

Jan 20, 2005
    Relegation Battle

He was a good player, but plagued by injures. always gave 110%. he wasnt greedy with his wages as someone has said on this thread. it happens players get injured.

12. Louise_Foxes

Louise_Foxes New Member

Oct 10, 2004
    Leicestershire
    It's easy to say he wasn't greedy with his wages, but he only retired after he knew we'd still be obligated to play some of them through compensation or something...