Matches in Buffalo?

Discussion in 'Western New York Flash' started by Rochester, May 26, 2011.

1. Rochester

Rochester New Member

Jun 10, 2005
    WESTERN N.Y.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will the WNY Flash play any games in Buffalo next year or actually move the whole team to Buffalo? I know Sahlens is very pro Buffalo and has not had any presence in Rochester until this year.

Anyone have any insider knowledge on the team moving to Buffalo?

2. SoccerDad00

SoccerDad00 New Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    My daughter trains in his sports park in Elma NY, its also the same place the Flash practice during the week. I had heard Mr. Sahlen could not find a facility up to his standards in the Buffalo area for the Flash, I also heard he refused to play on a field with football lines. As for moving back to Buffalo I dont see that happening because he just sponsored the stadium in Rochester for naming rights for several years, that was a lot of money.

3. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    Wasn't the plan to play half the homegames in Buffalo and half in Rochester and then since there was no place good enough all was put in Rochester?
    I seems likely thatr if they find a good enough venue they would go back to the 50%/50% plan, but moving it all to Buffalo since unlikely seeing that they from the beggining wanted to split the games.

4. Snarf19

Snarf19 New Member

Aug 20, 2006
    Buffalo NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All High Stadium could have been used and would have been perfect, it seats 4,500 and FC Buffalo already plays there. But the Buffalo School district could not work out a deal with the Flash. Why I have no idea, the stadium pretty much sits empty all summer long unless FC Buffalo is playing. They don't even use it much for football anymore with the new stadium in Riverside. The split could have worked, the games when Abby comes to town in Rochester, and some of the other games that have now drawn well in Buffalo.

There was talk of playing at NU, but that is not Buffalo and almost as much of a pain in the ass as going to Rochester if you have to go over the Grand Island Bridges which could be backed up.

5. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    sahlen didn't want football lines. are they removable/temps like the FB lines in rochester? what is the cost for the conversion? i'm assuming that was the hold up.

6. SoccerDad00

SoccerDad00 New Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    NU is a beautiful brand new facility, but it seats maybe a thousand at most, and parking would be a problem. Is would be the best field in the league hands down if they could have worked out details.

7. Ben James Ben

Ben James Ben Member

Apr 28, 2009
  8. Snarf19

Snarf19 New Member

Aug 20, 2006
    Buffalo NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2,600 and some change for the game Friday night vs. Sky Blue. That is really not good enough. I think the Flash have to try to figure something out next year to see if they can draw better in Buffalo. I know All High as the football lines, but if you can draw 4,000 or so, maybe the Flash can over look the lines.