Matchday 22 - Hoffenheim - VfB (R)

Discussion in 'VfB Stuttgart' started by Winoman, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    VfB is leading Hoffenheim in the 52nd minute, on a goal by Martin Harnik. We'll see if they can keep, or even build on this lead, or if they'll piss it away the way they have in the last several matches.

2. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hoffenheim has most of the possession, but VfB is still maintaining their lead in the 67th minute.

3. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glory Hallelujah! VfB beat a team they needed to, and on the road!

Three points really helps this anemic squad.

VfB will play FC Nürnberg next week at home. Let's hope they can win two in a row!

4. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank god. I certainly didn't expect one goal to stand up for 87 minutes. I wish they'd play like they might need more than one sometimes. :unsure: Nevertheless, three points! We moved up three places and buried Hoffenheim in 16th. :)

5. Mumbo

Mumbo Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Amazingly, a Europa League spot is still only like 4 points out. If they can actually put a decent rueckrunde run together, we'll be in good shape.

6. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    6 points out, with 12 matches to go, but the goal difference makes it 7 points and there are 6 teams between here and there. That's a steep hill, a we show no signs of wanting to climb it. I put more hope in the cup, where you can rise to the occasion on a single day.

Let's start by beating the teams we're supposed to, like next week's opponent.