match-fixing scandal: latest news

Discussion in 'Italy' started by gummy-bear83, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Take notes folks, this is how to cheat: you pay people to stay quiet or pay them to take the blame.
    It also helped that ciuc is a corrupt italian mod. Made everything easier.

2. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    They wouldn't give me my discount!

3. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    They're not clean, whether or not they do a Spain and burn the evidence is another thing but the good old British spirit of truth and justice should come through.......right

4. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Best comment you've made ever...I'm serious :)

5. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    The brits will love this because it gives them the chance to bury their own scandal under screeds against Italians, as usual.

6. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    has anyone here read the rag called "the fix" by declan hill? according to the english author of the book, asians, italians, croatians, africans etc. are so very corrupt. and the germans no matter what they do are racist. but the english are so noble and liverpool is what gives the football world any hope and inspiration.

7. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    lol...are the English still mad that Croatia knocked them out of Euro 08? Really! What do they have against the Africans though?

8. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    he's just trying to paint a picture of how corrupt everyone but the english are. i guess that's why england hasn't won anything lately or even come close. because they are up against a world of cheaters.

Calcio Pauly repped this.
  9. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    It is absolutely a world of cheaters, he's right about that.
    England are among them, however.

10. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    The Asian betting syndicates do control sports betting. Its why when their lines move, the rest of the bookmakers follow. They make that much money, they don't need to be correct all the time.....

I have not read the book but if he has painted England as holy, then he is a deluded fool. The biggest league in the world with the most money involved betting wise every week......England will do a Spain though, brush it all under the carpet..

11. Domenic

Domenic Member

Jan 4, 2013
    Canada
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I have. It's a horribly written book that uncovers nothing new to anyone who follows football. I picked it up for free at a second hand book store and I still felt ripped off after reading it.

Deleted User x, phat and NickyViola repped this.
  12. forza 4zA

forza 4zA Member+

Jul 9, 2013
    East Coast US
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    English are big cheaters.

World Cup 1966 is most corrupted tournament ever (FIFA pres was English at that time)
    They just cannot admit anything as they think everyone else in the world looks up to them and would ruin their self proclaimed image as best and most righteous.

13. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    2002 was pretty blatantly the let's-fcuk-with-Europe WC. And 1934 was pretty corrupt. I'm sure there were others but those the ones that were really obvious (2002) or that I've heard about a lot (1934).

14. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    2010, in my opinion the ref done everything in his power to ensure Ghana beat Australia but they only managed a draw. They were Africa's only hope to have an African team get out of the group stages which they did only just. I remember watching thinking some of the decision's were laughable

15. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Don't forget the infamous 1978.

16. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Ghana also enjoyed massive ref favoritism against the US and Uruguay. People remember the Suarez incident but that play would never have happened, nor would Ghana have still been in the match at that point, without the refs blatantly favoring Ghana through the entire match.
    Let's not forget also how Spain was coddled, and the many other horrific decisions like in England-Germany.
    I think 2002 was more obviously rigged, but 2010 had worse overall quality of officiating through some combination of rigging and sheer incompetence.

17. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Barcelona president Sandro Rosell has resigned following a Spanish court's decision to examine last summer's signing of Brazil forward Neymar.

:rolleyes:

18. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Seems a really dodgy deal