Match Discussions (R) for the Second Half of 2013-2014

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by kgilbert78, Jan 19, 2014.

1. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Time to start the thread for the second half of the season. Big, big game on Friday.....

2. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Big, big WIN on friday !!!!

;):);):):D:ROFLMAO::D:ROFLMAO::thumbsup::sneaky::thumbsup:

3. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
  4. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Moyes can go bounce. Hands off Devil Clown!

panicfc repped this.
  5. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    HUGE EMBARRASSMENT for any "Gladbacher" to wear that Gross & Lower than dirt Jersey...

6. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    While at it....why not also hire Favre as his assistant coach???

7. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    *shrug* if he's ready to give you 10-15M for Herrmann I think it's make you a better a team.

But yeah he can ******** off on kruse.

8. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea, I agree Hermann is negotiable for right price. Especially if he won't extend his deal.

Is there anything new on potential sales or loans of De Jong. Seemed like a few english clubs were interested but I don't know if that died down.

9. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #9 Borussia, Jan 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2014

:D :ROFLMAO: :thumbsup:

I don't care about such bullshit rumours. Patrick is very important for us and won't go anywhere during the next couple of years (he's not that crazy to sit on the ManWho bench). Same with Max.

I suppose he'll be moving to Newcastle United. However, this isn't the thread for team news and rumours but for the BL games/resp. match against Bayern on Friday. It's high time for them to suffer their first BL defeat since a very long time, isn't it? We have nothing to lose ... so let's give them another tough fight. Jantschke is very likely to miss the game, so Alvaro Dominguez (hopefully he'll be hiding his hands/arms this time) will be giving his comeback after his long-time injury. And let's hope that Dante (yesterday, I talked with a Belgian guy from Liege who knows him personally) won't forget his roots and provide us with a nice gift once again. :)

panicfc repped this.
  10. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jantschke officially out for Friday. Doh. Dominguez will slot in at CB and Korb at RB. Worried about Korb getting picked on. Not very good memories for Dominguez having those two ridiculous hand ball penalty calls last match against Bayern.

11. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First game of the ruckrunde, and I have to work, ugh!

LuckyStriker repped this.
  12. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Shit I'm pumped D:

friends are coming in 2 hours
    game starts in 3 hours

it was about time
    i won't survive any kind of game like last year with a 3-1 lead after 10 minutes and then 80 minutes of bunkering. nooo way..
    dsahbufoa

13. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #13 Borussia, Jan 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
    Deserved first home defeat of the season, although we missed 4 top chances (hitting the post twice). It seemed that our players were simply shocked after the early lag ... how we got dominated during the first 35 minutes, kinda reminded me of the Dortmund game. Well, Bayern is the best team in the world ... nevertheless, you simply can't give them so much space and avoid any duels in midfield (Xhaka & Kramer didn't get any grasp to the game). Our "magic four" Arango, Herrmann, Raffael & Kruse were invisible before the interval ... nearby they weren't able to keep the ball against Bayern's tough pressing. It's still our main problem this season to cope with huge pressing of the opponent ... I wish we'd have pressed them this way tonight. And you simply can't afford such mistakes against a top team when you see how we conceded both goals (not marking their only "striker" Goetze in our box and then giving away such a silly handball pk by Xhaka, who was awful tonight). Thankfully, the 2nd half was much better ... who knows what would have happened if Herrmann scored both goals (even though we could have also conceded the 0:3).

It's no shame to suffer the first home defeat against Bayern (as expected, their passing & possession domination à la Barca got even better under Guardiola), so I'm not disappointed with the result but more with our technical mistakes & passivity (obviously, many of our players were pretty nervous at the beginning and annoyed by their huge pressing) in the first half. As we know, guys like Arango & Raffael can play a lot better.

Here's the "Kicker" match report with stats, some post-game statements (in German) and both goals we conceded:

http://www.borussia.de/de/aktuelles...]=9967&cHash=851634c370364b12c01f46ca76b97a0a

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...borussia-mgladbach-15_bayern-muenchen-14.html

Bonne nuit.

Lamprey repped this.
  14. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Time to get back on track next week in Hannover.

15. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    the 0-1 came too early.Unbelievable !!! ;(

16. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #16 HANS-GUNTER BRUNS, Jan 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
    We should have known better....that the first 2--35 min would be crucial to balance and normalize this game..and not go down:(
    I dont care if they are best in the world..only an amateur team thats worst in the world conceives a goal such as the 0-1..it was like scoring from the side for dummies..we havd 4 white borussia players that could somehow have made so e sort of and impact on that easy cross from the side!....oh and of course a PK!
    Am glad i could not see this one,specially after such an 0-1 complimented by a PK...it never happens wins or a loss ....for me to not want to watch a game..but Hollywood...ahhhh,not worth commenting on that team really!

17. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No one else has beaten them this season either....

18. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perfectly said. I have nothing to add.

19. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    True.But its not just about the result...that first cross that resulted in 0-1...cmon a team that has been playing in good form and at home with a great record...and all pumped up for this game...thats kindda unacceptable!
    Lets wait and see the other results...its going to be a very tight and interesting second half of the season!
    A second birth to Euros under Favre will be huge for this club and an attractive place for players to stick around longer:)

20. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well thankfully other results really went our way. Only Schalke won and Dortmund drew. Wolfsburg, Hertha and Leverkusen losing. Very shocked Hannover won on the road, guess this new trainer might be better than I originally thought. I hope he is the reverse of Slomka: perfect on road but awful at home since we travel there this weekend.

21. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    :D

It's gonna be a tough game (as so often in Hannoi), that's for sure.

22. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    TIME for those classy Black Kits to dominate ...ONCE AGAIN!
    We need this road win to keep the fighting spirits high on this steep climbing road to Europe that is ahead of us:thumbsup:
    BVB already has moved Full Throttle ahead:whistling::sneaky::speechless::speechless::speechless::cautious::rolleyes::oops::ninja:

23. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looking forward to seeing the second leg as we were at the home leg.

24. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Absolutely dreadful. Has Favre been "figured out"? Personnel or tactics-something needs to change. In order for Gladbach to be at their best, the passing needs to create flow. I'm trying to figure out the best analogy to describe what I'm seeing from them of late........all I can think of is lag putts on a golf course. Everything dies short of the target. They have stopped reading the game, and each other. Consistently exposing their sub-par defending to being opened up.

Hannover always knew where the ball was going. Foals? Look more like 1-trick ponies of late. Ol' Lucien needs to start earning his money. This was tough to watch . Don't think Kruse saw the ball for 65 minutes.
    I'm beyond disappointed today. I'm absolutely pissed.

25. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Both coaches used their substitutions well, Hrgota and Younes came on exactly when I thought they should've, though I'd have taken Kruse off instead of Herrmann, and Mlapa did a lot more than I thought he would. And then Hannover's subs killed the momentum that gladbach had seized back after the 2-1.

Ultimately disappointed for Gladbach, Arrango and Kruse where awful, and those defensive errors where unforgiveable, but they started very well, all three subs showed they can make things happen so that hopefully Favre uses them to rest his under-performing starters more. I thought you needed 3 points or better out of your first 3 games here, which is still possible with a win against Leverkusen. Hopefully Dominguez is fully fit so Favre can play him and stranzl with jantschke back on the right. And I hate to say it because his set pieces ability is still legendary, but it may be time to sit Arrango for Hrgota. Leverkusen will take a great effort and right now Hrgota just provides more in open play. With that they can snag they win and put themselves back on track in the CL race.

As for Hannover I was really impressed. They seem to have their collective focus back under the new guy, Bittencourt is really finding his game and the two strikers worked great today. With Hustzi still effective and Stindl running things from the 8, and a sudden ability to get points on the road, Hannover are starting to look like the team I expected to see this summer. They won't get into europe but they can finish the season strong and position themselves to have a real shot in hunt next season. Interested to see how long this new trainer mystique lasts, but if it holds up, they're a quality side.