MATCH DAY :: 6.1.2012 :: Aztex v. NOLA Jesters

Discussion in 'Austin Aztex' started by mgrayscale, Jun 1, 2012.

1. mgrayscale

mgrayscale Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Buda, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just a reminder to everyone to get on out to House Park for tonights match against the New Orleans Jesters. This is the first of a 2 game stand (tonight and tomorrow night) against the Jesters, who currently sit 8 points behind the Division leading Aztex, with 2 games in hand. Tickets are still available for $10, and remember, kids 10 and under get in free.

Eberly's Army will be pre-matching at The Tavern tonight beginning at 6:00, so come on down after work and join us. At 7:00, we'll then march to the stadium (about 2 blocks) to cheer on the blue and gold as we go for another 3 points.

2. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was only able to attend the first match, but it sounds like Pedro Pereira had a great couple of games. It would have been nice to get more than two points out of the weekend, but we had to split our squad up a bit to spread them out over two consecutive nights.

While I was watching the video of New England vs Chicago last night, it occurred to me that Chuy Cortes has a lot in common with Lee Nguyen in terms of play style and size.

3. pomintex

pomintex Member

Feb 7, 2012
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Manneh Powers and Rocha were all missing from the weekend and it showed. Tyrpak dissapointed from his previous showings, although to be fair N.O looked quite a decent side.
    We were a little fortunate to tie both games to me, though enjoyed both!
    Plenty of effort and application from the young men of course.
    This blog needs a little more input too... lol.

4. FulhamATX

FulhamATX New Member

Jun 7, 2012
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Yeah, unfortunate Manneh didn't play. Specifically wanted to see him. But who is the long haired dude in midfield? Program rosters were, er, incomplete. My son said, "the long haired dude in midfield was really good."