Match 7|Germany vs. Australia|13-06-10|Pre-match discussion

Discussion in 'GROUP D: Germany, Australia, Serbia, Ghana' started by Lusankya, Dec 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tread

Tread New Member

Jul 1, 2009
  2. Tread

Tread New Member

Jul 1, 2009
    [​IMG]
    Socceroos farewelled in Melbourne

The Socceroos have been officially farewelled at Melbourne's Tullamarine Airport ahead of their flight to South Africa...[at the] ceremony at a Qantas maintenance hangar...[captain Lucas] Neill told the assembled audience that the team would head to South Africa with high hopes.

"We are going to go out and do you proud and let's hope we can have another rollercoaster of excitement like the last journey was," Neill said.
    Australia made it through the group stage in Germany in 2006, before being eliminated by eventual champions Italy in the second round.
    Experienced goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer, another veteran of the 2006 campaign - the first time Australia had qualified in 32 years - said the excitement was just as great the second time.
    "If you don't get excited about days like today, you'll never get excited about football or in life in general," he said.
    "It's the pinnacle of anyone's career, obviously having the fortunate position of being in the last World Cup and having that experience of what it was like, to knowing now what lies ahead to a degree ... I'm very very excited about it."

http://nz.sports.yahoo.com/news/article/-/7296328/socceroos-farewelled-melbourne

3. HerrRupert

HerrRupert BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jan 4, 2005
    madras
    god i cant hear that hummels shy t anymore

4. Tread

Tread New Member

Jul 1, 2009
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Qantas unveiled a new Socceroos decal on one of its Boeing 747-400s in a ceremony at Melbourne Airport on October 22...This Boeing 747-400 will carry the team to the World Cup next year and we will be making sure the team arrive in South Africa rested and ready to take on their opponents.”

http://australianaviation.com.au/qantas-unveils-socceroos-747/

5. Tread

Tread New Member

Jul 1, 2009
    [​IMG]
    MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - MAY 26: Members of the Socceroos prepare to board their aeroplane during the Australian Socceroos farewell function at Tullamarine Airport on May 26, 2010 in Melbourne, Australia.

6. Conifeertje

Conifeertje Member

Apr 29, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    :D /agree

7. Tread

Tread New Member

Jul 1, 2009
    [​IMG]
    2.04.09 -- Socceroos celebrating their fantastic 2-0 win over Uzbekistan

8. Tread

Tread New Member

Jul 1, 2009
    [​IMG]
    Luke Wilkshire and Jason Culina in Australia's new away strip for the World Cup in South Africa
    host nation South Africa is facing the embarrassment of training for the World Cup on a pot-holed school oval, but the Socceroos will have no such worries after securing a superb training facility. Australia will practise at the Roodeport Athletics Stadium.
    Despite being smack bang in the middle of nowhere it is ranked by organisers as the third-best training ground in South Africa.
    The pitch is located inside a tartan running track, and is in immaculate condition with flat grass cover.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...elcome-new-strip/story-e6frey4r-1225836065103

9. Tread

Tread New Member

Jul 1, 2009
  10. Tread

Tread New Member

Jul 1, 2009
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Massed ranks of Australian fans supporting the 'Socceroos'

11. Tread

Tread New Member

Jul 1, 2009
  12. Tread

Tread New Member

Jul 1, 2009
  13. Tread

Tread New Member

Jul 1, 2009
  14. Tread

Tread New Member

Jul 1, 2009
  15. Matilda Maniac

Matilda Maniac Big Soccer Memebr

Sep 21, 2006
    Perth
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    we get the point already, Tread !

16. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol i know right? i think he got carried away : )

17. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    nothing wrong with that ;)

18. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    not at all : )

thats why the world cup is so awesome :eek:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BN6JVY6Oz0"]YouTube- Germany vs. Australia (15/06/2005 - Frankfurt) Confederations Cup 2005 (Group A)[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCpS8buEN6Y"]YouTube- Socceroos vs. Germany 1974[/ame]

19. chuckkf

chuckkf New Member

Jul 2, 2007
    Fort Worth TX USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wish these two teams were not in the same group. Next to the US these are my next two favorite teams. Germany because my ancestors came from there and Australia because the similarity to their founding to the US, it is the country I would most love to visit and Tim Cahill plays for Australia

20. Homa

Homa Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Aachen
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes, the famous Australian War of Independence with the Battle at Oz, the Kangaroo Charge and the infamous Koala massacre at Brisbane. It took us hours in school to thoroughly discuss the matter.

;)

2 people repped this.
  21. Sean.

Sean. New Member

Jul 9, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I really do hope both sides can make some nise and drown out the vuvuzela's or whatever you call them.

In 2006, there were whole stands just full of yellow, I really hope we can do that again.

22. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
  23. almango

almango Member+

Sydney FC
    Australia
    Nov 29, 2004
    Bulli, Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Haven't they finished that building in Berlin yet?

24. zhuangzi

zhuangzi Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Hey, you left out the Siege of Wangaratta, Bazza's March on Dandenong and the Treachery of General Bruce Bruce!

1 person likes this.
  25. domingo

domingo Member

Jun 26, 2002
    Hanover
    Club:
    FC Hansa Rostock
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think it's gonna be a hard match against a yellow wall of Aussies.
    However I'm optimistic we can win this 2:0.
    1,2,3 WIR wollen den Titel Nummer 4!