Match 7|Germany vs. Australia|13-06-10|Pre-match discussion

Discussion in 'GROUP D: Germany, Australia, Serbia, Ghana' started by Lusankya, Dec 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Either way it means they must play then. Anyways.....I hope this game isn't boring like the ones so far. All I'm asking.

2. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well I see Ozil playing from the start obviously and Marin as a super-sub, but I'm not sure where Kroos comes in. Maybe he and & Marin as super-subs 60th-70th minute? :S

3. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Unless someone gets injured, I don't see Kroos getting serious time on the field.

4. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I see him as a tactical option as a 60th or 70th min sub unless there's an injury

5. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yep, I have a fear that Trochowski will probably start. If he does, I hope he plays like garbage to conclude that his total waste of human space should no longer get more than 5 minutes in any other matches. Then he can be replaced at half-time by someone who is not garbage and it will be a happy day.

Likely scenario:

HT: 0-0

------Klose-------
    Pol---------Troch

Trochowski off, Muller on. If Klose plays like he did last match, he will be replaced by Cacau. Podolski to be replaced 60-70th minute by Marin.

6. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    and this is why people questioned loew...fortunately i do see him coming to his senses later in the group

7. Wotan

Wotan New Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Philadelphia (& CAL)
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Klose will NOT be replaced by anyone-! He always comes up "big" in WC play-:) You watch---Bet he scores at least one goal Sunday!;)

8. RobbyRobson

RobbyRobson Member

Jun 20, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    this could be the first entertaining game in the WC so far, and i really hope germany wins this after france, argentina and england disapointed so far in this world cup...

9. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    England might be disappointing right now, but the game is definitely entertaining...;)

10. 1a Schnitzel

1a Schnitzel Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Lets be fair. The US is always a tremendously underestimated opponent. I was most certain that this match would not turn out to be a proof of english superiority.

As for the match against Australia: I certainly would never ever underestimate the fighting spirit. But I also know that Germany historically is a stable tournament team.

So I'd bet on Germany, but 50% of it being patriotic biased.

Hi benztown and all the other german members here, I am one of the old users who unfortunately tends to only show up during the WorldCups. Not much time for more participation I'm afraid.

11. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    Welcome back!

PS - the proper translation of the Loew quote would be "we want to be able to challenge and outperform our opponents by trying to display superior skills". "Embarrass" is a translation by someone who doesn't speak German or English well.

12. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    According to Bild, Müller and Badstuber will play today.

Neuer - Lahm, Friedrich, Mertesacker, Badstuber - Müller, Schweinsteiger, Khedira, Podolski - Özil - Klose

13. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol :D

pas mal du tout....

Now If only hummels was there for friedrich this team would have reliable ball players on every level of the pitch.

14. balla

balla Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Melbourne,Australia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    About 17 hours to go come on AUSTRALIA!!!!

15. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    aussie aussie aussie..........................OI OI OI :p

16. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    we should dominate in this game, i dont see how Australia can pull this off...

my prediction 2-0 for Germany, with many lost chances and beautiful attacking football..
    Go Geramny! make me proud!

17. Conifeertje

Conifeertje Member

Apr 29, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I don't understand why some germans are extremely overconfident here. Last time i checked the ozzies have a very decent soccer team these days, somewhat comparable in strength to that of team USA imo. Plus they're coached by an ex-Guud Hiddink-assistant. Expect to feel pain and sweat if you want to win this one. Looking forward to this match; Along with England-USA, Portugal - Ivory Coast and Italy - Paraguay, this is one of the (neutral) matches I was looking forward to most in the first round of group play.

18. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    we are not extremely overconfident, heck, we are not even confident,... i just dont see how Australia can pull this off, thats all... they are pretty old team against very talnted young kids.. i just dont see how they are going to keep up with them

19. Tread

Tread New Member

Jul 1, 2009
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    you see what i am saying? Germany wins here too...

21. Tread

Tread New Member

Jul 1, 2009
  22. Tread

Tread New Member

Jul 1, 2009
  23. Tread

Tread New Member

Jul 1, 2009
  24. Tread

Tread New Member

Jul 1, 2009
  25. Tread

Tread New Member

Jul 1, 2009
    ...[Australian midfielder] Jason Culina has hit back at the doom-laden predictions of the bookies, insisting the 2010 Socceroos are more street-smart than the 2006 version. The odds prophets aren't convinced that Pim Verbeek's men can make an impact in South Africa next month...But Culina...doesn't share the pessimism of the bookies, insisting that while Australia might be four years older, and even a little slower, they have accrued invaluable experience and are battle hardened.

"We might be four years older but with that comes experience and street smarts," he said. "We have a lot of players around their peak at 30 and 31 and then you have the oldies like Mark Schwarzer and Craig Moore.
    "We may be a touch slower but then extra knowledge kicks in and you can't buy that."

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2010/05/10/216075_gold-coast-soccer.html