Match 39 | Germany vs Ghana | 23.06.10 | Pre/During/Post Match discussion [R]

Discussion in 'GROUP D: Germany, Australia, Serbia, Ghana' started by hbk4894, Jun 19, 2010.

1. rylenol

rylenol New Member

Jun 19, 2010
    Re: Match 39 | Germany vs Ghana | 23.06.10 | Pre-match discussion

I'm not arguing and I sure hope Cacau can capitalize on those opportunities that Klose so misses on. Poldo and Schweini are going to need to step it up big time.

2. Kalle_11

Kalle_11 Member

May 7, 2008

Agreed. I think he will have the composure to capitalize on his chances. He really wants to proof himself.
    Poldi needed to finish his chances last game. I think thats a big issue with our team...the finishing has been poor. the australia game could have easily been worse.
    Schweini....I have no doubt he will step up for tomorrows game.

3. scoutreporter

scoutreporter New Member

Nov 27, 2009

You German fans are the most arrogant of them all. You lose to Serbia, and you have 1000 excuses, the ref, this and that. Serbia (lukovic) got exact the same two yellows like Klose did agaisnt Ghana and no one is complaining, its a common thing when its a Serb or someone from small nation, but when its a German all hell breaks lose. Ivanovic and Kolarov also got booked in a space of one minute against Germany for fouls similar if not the same as Klose. So stop ********ing complaining and accept the fact that you lost. And than the bullshit about you dominating the game. As I know and remember you missed a penalty ( wich was a gift to you from Vidic, no chance in that attack whatsoever, if he didn't play handball) You hit the cross bar after a corner kick, and Podolski had one great chance at the start of second half. Other than those chances I mentioned, Germany didn't have shit. Serbia on the other hand had a post shot and a crossbar with a header, both chances from open plays, and the shot from Kacar from 14 meters or something over a goal. Chances wise Serbia had as many and as big chances as Germany, so you didn't dominate shit. And before Klose got sent off, you also didn't dominate shit. About Ghana Germany game, if Germany don't score in the first 70 minutes of the game, than it will be very tough for them to break the compact Ghana team.

4. zacj

zacj New Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Sydney
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

Evening all,

Please excuse me...

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I want to sell my ticket. I figured posting in the corresponding group D would be the most appropriate and given the time... Quickly reading the forums sections I wasn’t able to find a category.

I have a TST-5 category 1 tickets for Australia available for sale, I have been to 3 of the games against Germany/Ghana/Serbia so I only have the round of 16 and semis available to sell, contact me on my African number 0782368198 and we can work something out, or emails me on zac6_00@yahoo.com

Been trying to find a place to sell my ticket, if someone couple point me in the right direction, that be awsome!

Thanks

5. Kalle_11

Kalle_11 Member

May 7, 2008

Whos being arrogant and whos making excuses? We played like crap...it happens. Sad, you could only win by one though, considering we played so poorly and the ref gifted you an extra man.

6. BM-Hattrick

BM-Hattrick Member

Apr 25, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

If calling all the fans of a particular team to be arrogant isn´t a very arrogant behaviour then I don´t know what is. 100 points for the friendly Mr. scoutreporter:eek:

7. scoutreporter

scoutreporter New Member

Nov 27, 2009

Ref did not gift us anything, Klose made two fouls for yellow cards and was out. Minutes before that he kicked the ball on goal after the whistle ( wich could easy have been second yellow) Ref set the standard of the game, and he was giving yellow to everybody, it is Klose who is the stupid one, making foul from behind when he has a yellow card. So stop blaming the ref, that was the point of my post before.

8. 1a Schnitzel

1a Schnitzel Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

wow, that's a friendly comment right there:rolleyes:

9. episkeptis

episkeptis New Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Manchester

Klose got two yellow cards for two fouls that were commited into Serbia's half and not while Serbia was trying to counter attack. Neither foul was brutal and giving Klose one yellow for one of those fouls would be harsh, but booking him on both occasions was way too extreme.

10. Kalle_11

Kalle_11 Member

May 7, 2008

I told you before, I'm not blaming the ref for how poorly we played. But the ref was still awful and Klose should have never been sent off. What ref gives a player 2 yellow cards in the first 30 minutes for minor mistimed tackles in the opponents end. Come on, be serious.

11. Wotan

Wotan New Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Philadelphia (& CAL)
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Does anyone know who the ref will be in the Germany/Ghana game?:confused:

Can't seem to find out-! Thanks, Wotan:D

12. rylenol

rylenol New Member

Jun 19, 2010

I think it's pretty much the consensus opinion that the ref was way too harsh handing out cards on both sides. Having said that, I suppose Klose should have been more careful but the game should never be dictated by refereeing and that unfortunately ended up being the case.

13. BM-Hattrick

BM-Hattrick Member

Apr 25, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

The Brasilian Carlos Simon will be the ref for the game. He is known as a very triggerhappy ref that hands out cards rather quick. Just last year he was suspended for six weeks by the Brasilian FA because of suspected game manipulation. I just can´t understand how those type of referees end up reffing games at the WC:confused:

14. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

There were like a dozen Germans in the right thread claiming that Serbia deserved to win and congratulated Serbia, so what is your F*ing problem??? Despite losing, Germany didn't play bad. So we are sure the team can (not will) beat Ghana. If you have a problem with that, don't read anything German posters write!

15. rylenol

rylenol New Member

Jun 19, 2010

Usually I'd say rants like scoutreporter's aren't worth responding to but in this case I feel the need to point something out: THE FACT THAT GERMANY PLAYED WITH 10 MEN THE ENTIRE GAME.

Germany not only won the possession game (51 to 49) but they outshot (15 to 9), outcornered (7 to 1), and committed less offsides penalties than Serbia...again...with just 10 men.

Serbia deserves all the respect in the world for capitalizing on their opportunity. Having said that, Poldi should have made that penalty kick and Khedira should have netted the shot that hit the crossbar.

All things considered, while they didn't "dominate", I think it's clear that Germany played the better game but failed to capitalize on the opportunities they earned playing with just 10 men.

16. scoutreporter

scoutreporter New Member

Nov 27, 2009

You say and I quote you ''THE FACT THAT GERMANY PLAYED WITH 10 MEN THE ENTIRE GAME''. Well the FACT is that he got red card in 37th minute. How the f... can that be the entire game?! And I am not saying you played bad, you played good fast and attacking football with 10 men, and IMO you are still one of 3 teams that showed most in this WC so far. But all I wanted to say in that post was, you didn't dominate, it was pretty even game, and last 20-25 minutes after missed penalty it was Serbias game. Before red card, the game was also pretty even with Germany on possesion (as excepted ) but not with any 'great' chances. After the card Serbia scored quickly and played defensive for the rest of the half. Germany started good in the second and pushed until the penalty. after that it was Serbia, so you can say it was an even game. So all the nonsense about any team being dominated is just nonsense...

17. rylenol

rylenol New Member

Jun 19, 2010

Let's just drop it. Germany was dealt a bad deal by a sheriff of a referee and had plenty of opportunities of their own but failed to capitalize. That ref ruined the game, plain and simple. Serbia created their own opportunities and deserves the win because they capitalized on one of them.

18. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Dude, maybe you should get better glasses in order to be able to read match comments properly. :rolleyes: In the case you didn't notice, the own team resp. Podolski got blamed a lot more than the poor referee (who even denied us another clear pk after the foul on Gomez).

Btw: What are you looking for in this thread? It's about the game "Germany vs Ghana" ... or are you too blind in order to notice that? :))

Well, it's all about the "Sepp Blatter mafia" ... isn't it? :p

Let's wait up how many yellows/reds we're gonna 'enjoy' tommorow.

19. Loyalty

Loyalty Member

Jun 25, 2006
    Australia

A big part of me is hoping for a Ghana win (for the Aussies sake of qualifying).
    But i'm not really sure Ghana deserve to be go into the next round with only 2 goals from 2 PK's along with only playing 10 men during parts of each of those games.

20. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Can we please keep the Serbia talk in the appropriate thread?

Let's stay on topic here, ok? :) And most of all, let's keep it civil.

21. rylenol

rylenol New Member

Jun 19, 2010
  22. Wotan

Wotan New Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Philadelphia (& CAL)
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

On the 'betting line'- Germany is -200--(meaning you gotta wager $200 to win...$100)--two to one favorites! Ghana is +600---meaning...if you wager $100 on Ghana to win.....you win...$600...(6-1 odds)--Seems like the "Vegas Oddsmakers" feel confident of a German win!:rolleyes:

On the other hand...Serbia is only....-115 over Australia...(Meaning you gotta wager $155 to win...$100)--- The "draw" is. only +250....oddsmakers feel there's a good chance for a tie...this game!

IF the Aussies tie w Serbia...a "tie" for Germany gets Germany in--! (On goal differential)---What are your thoughts? :confused:

23. kaos1970

kaos1970 Member

May 2, 2008
    Halifax
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

No excuses here and you can hate on us German fans all you like. We lost and we meant to. WE gave them the gift. Without us GIVING them the full 3 points there is no way that they could have come to the round of 16. We decided to give them a chance so I suggest that you worry now about whether or not Serbia can handle Australia tomorrow, that is, if you are a Serbian fan. Oh.....and no need to thank us, it was a PR move! :eek: :rolleyes:

24. kaos1970

kaos1970 Member

May 2, 2008
    Halifax
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

So it appears that Cacau is our lone striker for this match with Oezil, Poldi and Mueller as our attacking mids. Ghana will be in tough here. I figure we'll net 2 or 3 and walk away top of the group. Ghana will not know how to handle an offensive squad like the one we have.

25. CopaMundial

CopaMundial Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

He did the England v USA match.
    I was worried, but he actually called a pretty good game (especially when compared to some of the howlers that we have seen since).
    My only complaint with him was that he seemed to favor the defense on almost every challenge. Sort of taking the safe way out, but he didn't seem likely to give the game away on a bad call.