Match 33|Mexico vs. Uruguay|22-06-10|Pre-match discussion

Discussion in 'GROUP A: South Africa, Mexico, Uruguay France' started by Horsehead, Dec 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quenonino!

Quenonino! New Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Im not worried about the lack of friendlies, whats the point of playing friendlies with players that are not going to be on the final squad? I really dont want to see uruguay vs. El salvador with Lembo, dario rodriguez and alvaro recoba (pecho frio). The Argentina friendlies have been a waste of time, Burrito Ortega??? they are just brining in some cash with these useless games.

2. Daninho777

Daninho777 Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I agree with the useless friendlies, I mean we'll probably only have about 3 or 4 players from south american leagues in our overall world cup squad, so it doesnt make sense having friendlies now apart from seeing which domestic players could make surprise in the squad, but with Tabarez we know thats very unlikely. But im saying once we get all our main players we should be aiming to have a few friendlies, you can do all the training you want but theres nothing like a game to prepare.

3. Autogolazo

Autogolazo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 19, 2000
    Bombay Beach, CA
    OK, could someone clarify if they think Uruguay will be playing with a 3-5-2 or 4-4-2? Not just for this game, but for the tournament.

The "2" up top is almost certain to be Suarez and Forlan, but I thought they would use Godin-Lugano-Caceres in the middle of a 3-man defense behind Gargano and Perez, then use flank attack and long balls to counter.

The question is whether they trust Lodeiro to run the show or instead put in somebody like Eguren to form two impenetrable lines of 3 in midfield and defense, then turn the wing players and Suarez-Forlan loose.

4. Quenonino!

Quenonino! New Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Its gonna be a 3 (Caceres, Lugano, Godin) -5 (M. Periera, ruso perez, gargano A. periera/with either Lodeiro or Nacho Gonzalez as the enganche) and 2 (forlan, suarez). No question, I'd be extremely surprised with anything else.

5. Autogolazo

Autogolazo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 19, 2000
    Bombay Beach, CA
    Thank you! That's what I thought.

6. Daninho777

Daninho777 Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Does anyone think Urretavizcaya should be called up? I really think he should be taken along. with cebolla rodriguez out for the first 2 games we could really use Urreta's speed and penetration. Cebolla will probably be back for this game but for the other 2 games Urreta could be very usefull especially against france who have some of the fastest full backs in the game. Would be good having someone like Urreta coming off the bench.

7. Quenonino!

Quenonino! New Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Good point, would be nice to see a player with his attributes called up. We will find out in a few hours, diario el pais is reporting 30 man list to be published tonight.

8. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    I think taking Ramirez would be better than taking Urreta. He has been in better form this season.

Also, why don't you guys stop by the Uruguayan forum in bigsoccer.

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1448

I don't know if you guys know, but we got our own sub-forum a couple of months ago

9. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

I am not gonna go into the Argie or Uraguay forum no disrespect from me but I don't want to get a yellow for nothing form the mods of either forum. Unless their is a thread that welcomes fans from the WC group?

10. Terry Gyimah

Terry Gyimah New Member

May 6, 2010
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    As much as I want Mexico to win this match, I think Uruguay will win this match but they will win it like in the final minutes of the game, as this is a match-up that I really really want to see because both teams are Spanish teams and the 2 teams can communicate with one another in the same language. As well the 2 teams Mexico and Uruguay are evenly matched in their styles of play, so much that it is hard to call who even wins this last group game match, but I think Uruguay will win 1-0 against Mexico

11. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

I will say this Uraguay has a more higher chance of scoring with their offense
    Mexico has a sharp defense that is kind of hard to break down and they hardly bunker either. If Mexico can get it's strikers on par then this game will be awesome to watch

12. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    No offense taken. I was talking to my fellow Uruguayans who might not have been aware there was an Uruguayan forum.

Also, if you want to pass by, we're a friendly bunch. Jus go and post whatever the hell you wanna post. As long as you don't say Uruguay sucks, you'll be fine

13. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    Diego Forlan has to be marked he is deadly, I him in the europa league final

14. luis_mx

luis_mx New Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Falls church
    I him too. :cool:

15. ERamirez86

ERamirez86 New Member

Oct 1, 2009
    California
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Uruguay sucks, no i'm just kidding. But seriously I hope both Mexico and Uruguay advance to the 2nd round. Good luck guys.

16. nanni

nanni Member

Mar 3, 2007
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    My wish is Mexico Uruguay pass to the next round..

17. Quenonino!

Quenonino! New Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Hopefully the third match is only to decide who finishes first and second.

18. nanni

nanni Member

Mar 3, 2007
    Club:
    Chicago Fire

That would pretty kool.. it would also be kool that we draw just to ensure our pass.. but for this we both need a win the first match and atleast a draw the second match.. this way with 1 win and 2 draws we could both hold 5pnts..

which would leave France with 4pts if they beat RSA and RSA with 1 pnt if they loose or backwords with RAS beat France..

eitherway we both need a win first match and a draw second.. to make that happen.. other wize we might need to beat each other 3rd game.. i hope it doesnt come to that..

19. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome to Fantasy Island :D

20. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think it's the most likely scenario right now, if France keeps their current form.

Mexico will struggle to break uruguay's defense but i think our mf will limit the chances that forlan and suarez get.

I'd love for Mexico to get first...mostly to avoid Argentina (last wc and copa America were too painful), plus who doesn't want to see Uruguay v Argentina?

21. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The sports book has this as the third least likely scenario, behind Mexico + South Africa or Uruguay + South Africa. That means, according to them, it's more likely for Mexico and Uruguay to finish 3rd and 4th than to finish 1st and 2nd.

I'm not saying it can't happen, only trying to inject some reality. France will be a force, regardless of their form in friendlies.

22. nanni

nanni Member

Mar 3, 2007
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    we know this dont worry we are both fully aware that despite SA team they as host hold certain advantages that traditionally all host have enjoyed in the past.. this will make them a strong side.. then you have France a power house.. then you have a "weak" Uruguay coming in 3rd in my opinion then Mexico 4th..

But honestly i think that if both teams really work hard they can both advance.. but youre right about what you said.. its true..

23. Shzm13

Shzm13 Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Puro Durango
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This is going to be the best game in the group. Mexico wins it 3-2.

24. OrlandoEngelaar

Jul 19, 2008
    CA
    Possibly, Zidane won't come out of retirement again.

25. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, the question will be, does either team want to try to win the group and avoid Argentina in the 16's at the risk of a loss and maybe a big win by one of the chasers to knock them out?

I'd say go for it until someone scores, then back off.

The other game could be fun, both teams know they need a ton of goals to have a chance.