Match 33|Mexico vs. Uruguay|22-06-10|Pre-match discussion

Discussion in 'GROUP A: South Africa, Mexico, Uruguay France' started by Horsehead, Dec 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Horsehead

Horsehead Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Los Angeles
    2010 World Cup
    Match 33

22-June-2010 16:00
    Rustenburg
    Royal Bafokeng Stadium

MEXICO vs. URUGUAY

[​IMG]........ [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TallTowerMan

TallTowerMan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
  3. el-choul

el-choul Member+

Apr 17, 2006
    DC
    noob :rolleyes:

If my "memory" serves me correctly, I think Mexico is 5-3-2 (WDL) in its last 10 matches vs Uruguay going back to 1990, including 2-2-0 in official competitions (Copa America).

4. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    subz. loco abreu says mexico and france are the favorites. smart man

5. socc

socc New Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    lol, abreu was a really good player, I remember his goals when I was in Mexico.
    Anyways, he is right, I have been thinking in this group, and the best options are Mexico and France... in that order, first Mexico, then France.

6. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    I don't know they have a striker by the name Suarez he wasn't playing in Copa America 2007 so he might make a differnce come this WC2010

7. urunegro71

urunegro71 Member

Aug 15, 2003
    Newark New Jersey
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    they have alot of new talents that have been and are waiting to be called alot of things change in almost 3 years

8. PanchoM

PanchoM Member

Nov 3, 2001
    PalmsPlace
    Best scenario for me would be; to have both Mexico and Uruguay with 6 point each when they meet , then it would be a game to see who gets Nigeria and avoid Argentina .

9. MachoRhombus

MachoRhombus Member

Nov 17, 2009
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    [FONT=Arial, Sans-Serif][13][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Sans-Serif] OCHOA Guillermo (Arq.) [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Sans-Serif][5][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Sans-Serif] CASTRO Israel [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Sans-Serif][22][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Sans-Serif] RODRÍGUEZ Francisco [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Sans-Serif][2][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Sans-Serif] MAGALLÓN Jonny [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Sans-Serif][3][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Sans-Serif] PINTO Fausto x (-64') [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Sans-Serif][16][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Sans-Serif] LOZANO Jaime x[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Sans-Serif][6][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Sans-Serif] TORRADO Gerardo [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Sans-Serif][10][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Sans-Serif] BLANCO Cuauhtémoc [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Sans-Serif][11][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Sans-Serif] MORALES Ramón x [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Sans-Serif][21][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Sans-Serif] CASTILLO Nery x [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Sans-Serif][19][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Sans-Serif] BRAVO Omar x (-88') [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Sans-Serif][1][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Sans-Serif] SÁNCHEZ Oswaldo x (Arq.) [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Sans-Serif][12][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Sans-Serif] CACHO Juan Carlos x [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Sans-Serif][7][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Sans-Serif] MEDINA Alberto x[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Sans-Serif][8][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Sans-Serif] CORREA Jaime x[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Sans-Serif][14][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Sans-Serif] PINEDA Gonzalo x[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Sans-Serif][9][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Sans-Serif] LANDÍN Luis Ángel x (+88') [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Sans-Serif][15][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Sans-Serif] CASTRO José Antonio x [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Sans-Serif][17][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Sans-Serif] BAUTISTA Adolfo x [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Sans-Serif][18][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Sans-Serif] GUARDADO Andrés (+64') [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Sans-Serif][20][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Sans-Serif] ARCE Fernando x[/FONT]
    Marked with an "x" are the ones who don't get called up to the NT anymore, we have changed a lot too.

Should be a great game, I expect both teams to be extremely desperate for points.

10. WCOASTAZTEC

WCOASTAZTEC New Member

Feb 25, 2010
    L.A.
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Now this will be a tough game to call. In the sense that Both Mexico and Uruguay have a pretty good history of being rivals. Well Mexico has the edge when it comes to games played but I do not like to use that as evidence of anything more more history is yet to be made. Its going to be a fiesty game with a lot of fouls and highly tense. But Mexico will come through with a tough to get victory 2-1 Mexico wins.Remember this only my opinion and is opened to debate whenever any one wants. The true answer will come in June in South Africa.:cool:

11. Autogolazo

Autogolazo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 19, 2000
    Bombay Beach, CA
    Uruguay has a strong d-mid base in Gargano and Perez.

They're most vulnerable on the wings when Fucile and Alvaro Pereira get forward.

I would especially circle the Guardado vs. Fucile matchup as key.

If Andres can get crosses in to Franco or Chicharito, that could be it for Uruguay.

Uruguay will have to counter over the top to Forlan and Suarez to beat a slow Rafa Marquez.

12. MachoRhombus

MachoRhombus Member

Nov 17, 2009
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    That's where Maza comes in, this is his game to truly shine.

13. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Fucile is sort of a weak spot, but Pereira isn't. He has been playing great lately, has incredible speed, nad can make a huge difference. You will be surprised

14. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Completely agree with you. No score prediction is right, as anything can happen. My predictions are always in Uruguay's favor, but only because Im Uruguayan. I can't wait until the WC starts!

15. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    I was thinking the other day that seeing that we are able to beat Uraguay at times and this is our last game in the group, I feel the france game were gonna get screwed over by
    the refs depending who it is. I have a great feeling that the ref for the south africa vs mexico game is gonna be one of south americas most corrupted ref!

16. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I hope that in this match both Uruguay and Mexico have6 pts secured and tie ..so france gets the boot...

17. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    I wish we would of got Uraguay first and SA second and France last

18. Daninho777

Daninho777 Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Fucile wont start, it will be most likely caceres and maxi pereira playing RB and LB with alvaro pereira playing on the wing. Dont forget both Lugano and Godin are pretty strong in the air, so i dont think sending crosses in would be the best game plan for mexico. should be a good balanced game, hopefully they both progress as i really couldnt give a shit about france and south africa no offence.

19. el-choul

el-choul Member+

Apr 17, 2006
    DC
    I still have visions of Lugano completely shutting down Bofo Bautista and thereby the Chivas offense in the Sao Paolo-Guadalajara Libertadores semis a few years back.

20. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    And Moncho missing that Penal

21. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

Do you know if that Silva guy that plays for Velez of Argentina will he make it to SA?

22. Daninho777

Daninho777 Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    No i dont think el tanque silva will get picked,he's a good player but its a very long shot. Tabarez has never called him up so i cant see him making the squad for the world cup without any national team game time. silva has actually come out to the press a few times criticizing the coach for not picking him last year when he was the top goal scorer in argentina. To be honest i rather hernandez of palermo gets picked ahead of him, hes in very good form very young and would be a good experience for him to get his first world cup at 19.

23. urunegro71

urunegro71 Member

Aug 15, 2003
    Newark New Jersey
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    yea i totally agree abel hernandez has to be called up.. uruguay is scaring me with their lack of friendlies id like to see them try other possible players .. and i dont see them doing that now ... :/

24. Daninho777

Daninho777 Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Yeh i said the same thing myself, a lot of other teams are having a lot of friendlies and I think we should aim to have at least 2 before we start. But cant see that happening like always AUF desorganizados para todo. Although i dont think we should be tryng new things now, we should stick to what we got and work hard to improve on that, I think the trial period is gone. I think la joya Hernandez wont need much time to adapt anyway and he has about a month to train with the squad. Its amazing to see how far he has come even though im a Peñarol fan I was always a bit skeptical about how good he really was especially after the U20 world cup where he didn have a good tournament but he has really developed now and I would say he is on the same level and probably better than chicharito of mexico who they rate very highly.

25. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

You guys should set up friendly with the usa