Marijuana legalized for recreational use in two states

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by YankBastard, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Exactly. Now you have a resin to stop in Denver...

2. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, I was today years old when I was hired to do a site adaptation for a commercial marijuana production facility, so that they can meet the requirements of the state MMJ production license and the requirements of the State Fire Marshal for hazardous chemicals for extraction / production...

And because of all of the weeds that's been basically turned into dust as a part of the processes - I'm higher than a fucking kite

raza_rebel, Funkfoot, superdave and 6 others repped this.
  3. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Personally I'm interpreting that as an unusual degree of commitment to service in that you're willing to risk that level of 'danger' for the benefit of your customer.

song219 repped this.
  4. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the slower than normal drive back - my co-worker sneezed and the smell of pot that had sort of worked it's way out of the truck came back for a second.

Those guys stripping the bud off the stalks have got to me gassed up full time

5. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I have no doubt that, like you, they share a degree of professionalism only seen in people like this seasoned BBC journalist reporting on the destruction of a large quantity of drugs...

6. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure if you mean 11, or 12, or 2021.

And you got paid to get high.

7. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We gave them a fee proposal for X and told them, we could not get to it until December.

They countered with the offer of 3X if we could do it by next Monday

So I made that happen

xtomx, roby and soccernutter repped this.
  8. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    Will they pay some “in-trade”?

9. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's a clause in the state Architectural act that requires services be rendered for a monetary fee, which would prevent this, but also hampers pro bono work for good causes - the latter is routinely violated

xtomx repped this.
  10. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    Yeah, it’s totally illegal to give away beer in Utah too. But guess what? You’ll never believe it….

11. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I know a guy who moved to Detroit from Utah and two things he said stuck out to me:

1. How big Detroit and the metro area are.

2. That you can buy alcohol at a grocery store no problem. Or give away beer perfectly legally. It blew my mind when I went to Kentucky a few years ago and learned that dry counties were still a thing.

raza_rebel and bigredfutbol repped this.
  12. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    I can’t remember, but we might still have some dry townships or places where you can’t sell alcohol on Sundays here and there.

Grocery stores and beer on tap here are now capped at 5.0% ABV, or 4.0 ABW (which nobody uses). Used to be 4.0% ABV, or 3.2% ABW a couple years ago.

Otherwise, gotta go to a state run liquor store, which have great options!!! They are now installing beer coolers in the new stores, greatly improving beer.

Of course, taxes are such that beer between 5-7%ABV doesn’t move well, because of the huge price jump. That’s a bummer, because pretty much everything I love to drink regularly is between 4-7%. I like bigger beers, but just once-in-a-while, or one a night.

BocaFan repped this.
  13. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Wait, 5.0% ABV at grocery stores? Good lord! I can buy this, at 11% ABV anywhere. Although I haven't been much of a drinker in the last year.

[​IMG]

xtomx repped this.
  14. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Getting back to the topic, there's been talks of dispensaries opening up in my town outside of Detroit, only for the conservatives to use the usual reefer madness points. Claims that it'll hurt property values and the children, hilariously ignoring that there is an adult shop sharing the surrounding area right on display in the main drag. For as long as I remember, that adult shop has been there for years.

xtomx repped this.
  15. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The main crime related to dispensaries here is that entrepreneurial thieves with AR-15's or knock off SKS' have taken to robbing them, because all the revenue is in cash and the product sitting around has value in and of itself.

So, when you walk into one now, there's a greater than zero chance there is an off duty cop or otherwise armed security that checks you down in a secure vestibule before you can access the main portion of the building

16. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    So pretty similar to Canada then(?). Must be difficult though for micro-brewers to sell their beers, which sucks.

17. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    Yup....I get wifey's stuff in San Yisidro [Mex border] and they have a scanner and armed security in and out.

xtomx repped this.
  18. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's good husbanding.

roby, bigredfutbol and xtomx repped this.