March 5th 2014 next friendly

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by crzdcolombian, Oct 27, 2013.

1. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Damn. Wednesday night is nba night. My only hope is espn2, but you are right. March madness will be going wild by then. Crossing my fingers though.

2. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    ESPN News may be the last resort. :p

3. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah ship Internet sucks. Most websites are blocked to prevent people from sharing information online.

4. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    http://www.fifa.com/associations/association=col/index.html

It's already confirmed in FIFA's website. March 5th vs. Mexico.

I also against 2nd string players. We must play in full force from now until June, there won't be too many opportunities. I just pray for god to keep our players from injuries in all these matches, I'm so afraid that something may happen. Lineup that I would like to see vs, the Mexicans:

[​IMG]

If we need to "run" a player for the WC it's Balanta, who seems to be our great promise for the CB position. Since it's our weekest position and since Balanta already considered as a potential of top class player, I say let's give him the chance before the WC like Leider got his chance before France 98 (scored twice on Chile and got called at the end).

5. el_pechichon83

Oct 17, 2012
    Cartagena
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    mexican media are saying that they are playing negeria not colombia

6. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    well that makes sense for Mexico since Nigeria is similar to Cameroon.

7. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I agree that we should go with our best squad to keep working on chemistry and strategies. I also agree that we should try to see if Balanta is any good, although I think Pekerman probably has his mind made up about the CBs and will go with Yepes and Zapata which I don't mind unless Balanta shows that he is the real deal.

I would like to give the line up with Ibarbo some more time as well. See if it works again as well as it did against Belgium.

8. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Well damn, if they are playing Nigeria, who the hell are we playing? Might as well play the U.S if nothing else is available. We should heavily pursue a game with Ghana although I doubt they will want to come all the way to this side of the world. Maybe a game in Europe since most players play in Europe anyways?

9. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I would love to see Ibarbo, but I don't have too many positions left :p
    I think we should give Cuadrado to start, the guy is having his best year in his career so far, while Ibarbo can be a super sub. comes in fresh, with his speed and dribble. will be deadly for our opponents.

10. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Cuadrado is a top 3 player for me and I'm on the he should start wagon. However, James and Cuadrado haven't looked that good together in that 4 4 2 formation. It's like James has a bigger creative responsibility in the midfield and we lack width. I think that starting Ibarbo actually helps Cuadrado start because he can play LW, Cuadrado RW and James in the middle and Ibarbo can transform from midfield to striker with ease.

The idea of having Ibarbo as a super sub sounds good. I just haven't really liked what I've seen recently with the 4 4 2 including james, Cuadrado, and Teo. Maybe it would be different with Bacca since he's proving to be an awesome link up player in Sevilla.

Either way, I agree with you that we need to start Cuadrado one way or another. He's in amazing form.

11. Flipmode2000

Flipmode2000 Member

Feb 28, 2012
    USA -Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I was listening to espn deportes just now and they were interviewing El piojo Herrera And he said that just now they have agreed with Nigeria to play in March ... I'm glad we're not playing them !!

12. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You say this until we play Costa Rica or Ecuador haha

13. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I bet we'll play the U.S. They have a tough group and need top competition. Plus our federation is kinda lazy so U.S is an easy choice and arrangement.

14. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Nigeria AGAIN? These guys are lazy. That or they want revenge for the 2013 U17 world cup.

15. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali

Nigeria v Mexico. USA v Bosnia urrrghhh.... where are we!!!!!!!!!!!??? For a 4th ranked FIFA team we should already not only have MArch booked but June booked as well for prep games. Bad planning on part of FCF and Pekerman's crew on this one. We have limited ourselves at this point to:

CAF: Ghana
    AFC: Australia
    CONCACAF: Costa Rica, Honduras
    CONMEBOL: Ecuador
    UEFA: Russia

Ghana and Russia would work. While I respect Ecuador, CR and Honduras that would be a huge
    disappointment for this FIFA date.

16. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I've noticed that some teams have 3 friendlies around Jan and Feb. It's very confusing to the amount of friendlies so close to one another, but it be nice if we can play for those 3 dates as well plus the march.

17. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It has to be Ghana. It makes sense for both teams. They have no South American in their group, but they have top teams so they would benefit from playing us.

18. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ghana makes sense. Austrillia has been getting it's ass handed to it for the past year by none asian teams.

I prefer Russia it's the only team that can give us a serious challenge but giving new guys a chance against them might back fire. Look at how everyone hates Medina now.

19. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah but Medina had to face Uruguay and Chile; Arias faced Paraguay in a match that meant nothing. I frankly would love to see our 'super subs' train.

20. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Are we having this Medina argument again? I'm sure the kid will get another shot eventually, but he's clearly not ready. Sure Chile and Uruguay were tough, but competition only gets harder in the world cup. Assuming that they are both equally talented, Arias showed he belonged. He played without fear and with confidence of a pro. Medina was clearly overwhelmed by the pressure. I would be very worried if he was starting games for us in the world cup. Arias looked good in all 3 games, 2 against 2 very offensively talented European teams.

If he's good, he'll grow and eventually earn his spot. Right now, he's simply not ready. Give him time, rush him again and you might kill his confidence for good.

21. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We're not arguing about him; we're just saying that the next friendlies may be important for him because it's a good time to work on our supersubs. He's done well with nacional and he is the proclaimed heir to Andres Escobar.

22. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don't know if Pekerman will try him again as a CB but I guess I wouldn't be opposed to it.

Again, I won't mind a change or 3, but I want our main guys to play. We gotta maximize ever opportunity we get our guys together.

23. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Haha yea Cavani and Suarez as well as Vidal and Sanchez is the same as Paraguay who have nothing and subs from Belgium and Holland. Same as Serbia, Brazil and Argentinas defense making Jackson a shit player to everyone here. A young player does badly and he is a black sheep. Perea or Yepes have a f up and they are legends !!!

24. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I didn't know Hazard was a scrub and that's who Arias went against. Belgium played their starters and Holland played their starters except for their front 3. Medina was overwhelmed by the moment, I don't know when you'll admit that.

I don't think anyone here likes Perea so I don't know about the legends comment. Yepes has his good moments and bad moments. I rather we had better CBS but we don't. For now, only Zapata seems like a solid option. No one else is clearly better than Yepes. I expect our starters to be Yepes and Zapata. Unless you got world class defenders in your house and are waiting to bring them out in the world cup, this is what we are stuck with. There's nothing Pekerman can do.

25. Flipmode2000

Flipmode2000 Member

Feb 28, 2012
    USA -Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I completely agree with you... I don't understand why everything with our squad is always the biggest mistery.. apperantly according to this article Pekerman is still on Vacation and a team won't be chosen until next week... WTF ????

http://www.eltiempo.com/deportes/fu...-en-amistoso-a-mxico-el-5-de-marzo_13341783-4