March 5th 2014 next friendly

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by crzdcolombian, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Exactly I have accepted that's he's human, that's why I gave him an average rating, even on his average day he's still a good player.

I don't weigh average James and average mac10 the same scale. However he was terrible vs Tunisia, and I'm simply exposing his improvements, hence why that friendly meant it was important.

Side note: I'm pretty sure someone mentioned that the team interviewed that they were going to take this friendly seriously like a World Cup march

2. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    is funny this guy how only attack and give bad treatment to people in the NT ......

a shit formation with the players that got the spot to the world cup....

yes the hard headed that returned goal to the NT, to the world cup....i think that he will have to leave the team, he dont think like you so he is an stupid bad coach

3. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    For what it's worth me and froman is like ..

Steven a smith- me

Skip bayless- froguy

We tend to argue with passion haha

4. colombianballa91

Jul 2, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I agree with this,he seemed humble with a cool head when he first came up. His head is the size of a balloon right now... he needs to come back to earth a bit. Instead of running back and defending he now lays on the ground & barks at the ref.. Idk maybe i'm wrong but the past few games i've seen-there's def been a bit of arrogance from the kid

5. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Trust me I want to be wrong as well. I'm just calling it how I see it

6. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    James is playing very well....i think that he dont feel so confortable when his partner is cuadrado (only him, when is another and cuadrado is well).......so he transport more the ball

Azucarero repped this.
  7. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I never looked at it in that point, maybe cuadrado and James oppose a threat to each other in ball distribution?

8. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    That's been always the issue, the thing is that Cuadrado and James are our two main attacking forces in the mid; there are more like (Teo/Falcao one of them always goes down to help) Armero (we all seen his runs through the left) and when Armero stay down then Zuniga or Arias go up and finally Aldo Leao, Aguilar, Macnelly who's main job is to give support in all lines.
    But because the argument is about Cuadrado and James lets focus there, Cuadrado main strength is his speed, his dribbling abilities, so when he pass the ball to you he expects that you return him a long ball so he can win his marker through speed, he don't like short balls, he don't have a strong vision so don't expect many through balls from him (except crosses, because he is a natural winger and he was developed as such).
    I seen Teo passing Cuadrado a short ball and Cuadrado already running because Cuadrado thought Teo was going to make him a long ball but Teo was trying to do a short "pared" with Cuadrado; that exact issue happens when James try to pass Cuadrado the ball.
    James loves to have the ball and he uses internal passes with the other players to move the opponents back and forth to find spaces up top, James is not fast or strong therefore he don't expect any long balls or even divided balls.
    So the issue is that Cuadrado is uncomfortable playing inside giving support to James in the mid, now the reason Pekerman Cuadrado is playing internaly and as James support because he evolved his game at Fiore, we talked about Cuadrado evolution in his thread
    (this was back in november)
    I thought that after his evolution we would see an improved game, but maybe he still needs more time

9. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Still though, as much as I agree with what you said, I can't seem to find an explanation why they do WORK sometimes very well together. I really think it's just a battle of egos.

10. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don't think is an ego thing, Pekerman's main success is making the player focus in what's better for the team rather than what's better for me. Younger players tend to be very egocentric and immature, yet this is the area where Pekerman is the most succesfull.
    I think is more of a finding chemistry between two different styles that don't play together every weekend.
    Players are not robots so Cuadrado understanding how fast runs the team and the team understanding how fast Cuadrado runs is a thing that takes time, also decision making, long or short pass. Some players do it faster than others, just look at Arias so young yet at just at 4rth game with the NT he plays like he was with the team the whole qualifiers.

When the ball is moving Cuadrado is more comfortable fininishing the move, or making the final pass, not starting the play (which is what James need) something that Aldo struggled at first half but then it was sucesfull at the 2nd and it showed on the improved perfomance of the whole Team. (That also makes Cuadrado life harder, one element struggling (Aldo)makes the life of the rest of the team harder.

Let's see how Quintero evolves, cause he is the missing element

11. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I want to see a Aldo and Abel combo. I would love guarin to come off the bench.

12. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You guys thought Aldo had a good game? :)

13. viscajunior

viscajunior Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Pienso que ese medio campo deja muy descuidado el medio. Tienen que jugar o Sanchez o Valencia.

14. krass

krass Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    ya Pekerman volvio a probar lo que hizo en Chile, Valencia al puesto de Yepes y meter a un cambio mas ofensivo... yo creo que Pekerman esta preocupado por el partido contra Grecia del que esperamos juegue colgado de los palos... y ya todos sabemos como nos ha ido con equipos asi

15. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Maybe so. Although Abel payed astonished well defense last game. And has better control.

Valencia to me seems better at a cb for some reason

16. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Agreed on most points. Great analysis.

In addition to the speed of play, which you highlight, Cuadrado is faced with a tremendous tactical shift when he plays for the Seleccion. Fiorentina grants him the liberty to roam up and down the entire wing with very little requirement to drift centrally, this is where he's most comfortable. That's possible only because Fiorentina boast an impeccable central midfield and a defense strong enough to line up in 3. The Seleccion doesn't have these luxuries.

Thus, we see several matches with Cuadrado under utilized and uninvolved on the wing. Rarely is a ball played into space for him to run down the line or take on a single defender. He eventually drifts towards the center to see something of the ball and is forced to distribute, which is not his strength.

While this experiment with Cuadrado in the starting 11 has been going on, incidentally, one can't help but notice an increased importance in James' role on the pitch. Many have noted an air of selfishness in his game, which I find to be a complete misinterpretation of what's actually happening on the field. Cuadrado's presence, or better said, Macnelly's absence has left James without any partner in the middle besides whoever plays next to Sanchez/Valencia is the center of the midfield, who already bares a heavy defensive burden. If that player has an off game, like Aldo, you'll see exactly what we saw vs Tunez: James vs the World.

Perhaps I'm going a little far, but I think you can explain the abrupt disappearance of Armero in the last few matches on this same problem. James has too much focus and responsibility all over the center of the pitch for he and Armero to connect on the left flank. This when overlapping runs by the fullbacks had been among our most deadliest methods of attack just months ago.

What's the solution? Hard to say. Maybe they just need time...
    I, too, share the instinct that Quintero or a player of his qualities would create an environment ideal for James and Cuadrado, the whole team if he were to step up. But who do you sit down in that case?

edit: sorry for the onverly analytical post

elviejomen repped this.
  17. Uzuriaga

Uzuriaga Member+

Feb 9, 2009
    Estocolmo
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  18. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    http://forum.rojadirecta.es/showthr...ombia-v-Tunisia-05-03-2014&highlight=colombia

19. dirtysanchez

dirtysanchez Member

Jul 11, 2007
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Guarin and Cuadrado could hypothetically complement each other both like to play vertically...