News: March 22nd Supporters Tickets Now on Sale Through AO Store

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by crazyjon85, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Soaker888

Soaker888 Member+

Feb 21, 2012
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    You are not alone in feeling gouged.

2. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well its filling up one of Stan's pocket but I'm guessing it will not help Rapids "profitability".

3. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    I hope the east side is filled with US fans and not CR fans! Interesting that the east side filled in but the west side has not (yet).

4. Soaker888

Soaker888 Member+

Feb 21, 2012
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    If they sell close to 20,000 tix with each one being charged that $12...talking more than $225,000 in "surcharges", "convenience fees" or whatever, that fans are being socked with. IMO, at the least, these kinds of ticket sales (any event, not just soccer or sports) that have fees tagged on should be stated upfront and included with the price of the ticket so that a "$70" ticket is advertised as $82 and not the fake $70 price.

5. Soaker888

Soaker888 Member+

Feb 21, 2012
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    If this were Mexico I might think differently, but I am guessing there will be a huge US fan contingency and a rather small CR contingency. Given the way the ticket sales were handled, US fans are getting a big crack at attendance first.

6. tonhtubra

tonhtubra Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    Fort Collins, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly, unless there are a bunch of CR fans that are Rapids STH or US Soccer whatever's that got the presale on Monday or the ones getting a presale today, CR fans won't be getting tickets until Tuesday when the general public sale happens.

7. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    Wasn't there a presale for people merely on the USSF mailing list? I assume that's how I got a second email. Though maybe they have addresses of people who bought tickets for the USWNT game?

8. GreatGonzo

GreatGonzo Member+

Jul 1, 1999
    MA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Or tomorrow for the Visa presale.

I'm hoping they've blocked off some of the seats for the later sales, because I'd love to get midfield seats.

9. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    I think so. I got a presale email and did not purchase USWNT tickets last fall.

10. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    I got one Tuesday good for yesterday but couldn't tell you if it was because I bought tickets to the USWNT v. Brazil a few years ago, being a USSF Referee and on their list for that, or being on the regular USSF e-mail list.

11. Big Chil in Denver

Sep 10, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got my tix via the Rapids STH pre-sale. 105, Row 3, Baby! Schwing!

12. Rich the Eagle

May 13, 2010
    Denver
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If you want to guarantee you are on the USSF email list, all you have to do is join their 'e-Supporters Club'. Go to www.ussoccer.com & you'll find the sign up on the bottom left of the homepage.

13. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got mine! Eight to be exact thru the STH presale in Section 109! My rep, Jordan, tells my wife that the Ticos contingent will be somewhere in that area. She couldn't remember. That will be fun as I've sat near the traveing Mexican fans in Columbus twice. That was an intense atmosphere! :D

14. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I was able to buy a ticket in south endzone section 119 during the USSSC presale by choosing that section, although the "best available" for $45 was in the north bleacher section A. Will section 119 be part of the AO standing section? Out of curiosity, I checked for tickets during yesterday's USSF presale, and the only $45 tickets available were in the north bleacher sections. I consider myself fortunate because I think that the south end zone location is better.

15. tonhtubra

tonhtubra Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    Fort Collins, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pfffft, you can tell his team still plays in gridiron stadiums...endzone sections...poor San Jose.

jk, glad to hear you got your tickets where you wanted. I have no idea about any of your questions.

16. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    My error in referring to the section as endzone rather than endline stems more from carelessness and from being almost 50 and growing up in the football crazed USA rather than from the fact that the Quakes play at Buck Shaw and prior to that at Spartan. I would guess that DSG Park hosts more American Football than does Buck Shaw (0 games.)

In any event, I'm looking forward to attending my third match at DSG Park.

17. tonhtubra

tonhtubra Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    Fort Collins, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No need to explain. Just have to make fun of you guys for not having a SSS while we can!

18. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DSG has never hosted a "real" football game, just 3 games in one season of the Lingerie Football League. Based on the way the markings were laid out it appears the soccer sidelines on the north end were the end zones for football.

19. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    Touchlines. ;>)

Jasonma repped this.
  20. Soaker888

Soaker888 Member+

Feb 21, 2012
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Got all 7 of mine in sec. 109 as well. I went for price and that was the area of the stadium I was hoping for. Row 10, not as close as our season tix but just fine for this game. I like being a bit closer to a goal. See ya there!

21. Soaker888

Soaker888 Member+

Feb 21, 2012
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    It's the TV side, so I wonder if those choosing to buy tix by price are offered those sections as results first. Ya know, if for some reason the stadium does not sell out, that east side will be full for the cameras.

22. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speaking of this, anyone know how many tickets have been sold so far?

If we don't sell this out, no way we get another and deserved so in my book.

23. Hunt998

Hunt998 Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I have no idea how many tickets have been sold, but it's pretty awesome that the east side is already full (and you have to assume the AO section is pretty close to full) before tickets even go on sale to the general public.

24. angrywhiteman

angrywhiteman Member

May 26, 2004
    CO Mountains
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got six tickets in the north bleachers (in D, which looks like it will be next to the players' walk-on? Sweet if so) and my fees were $9.35 per ticket.

Does anyone know if there will be a supporters' bus from the downtown bars, as with Rapids' games? And would it require a ticket purchased through AO?

25. GreatGonzo

GreatGonzo Member+

Jul 1, 1999
    MA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Aside, of course, for the 200 or so tickets on that side that are up on Stubhub at a 50% or higher markup.