News: March 22nd Supporters Tickets Now on Sale Through AO Store

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by crazyjon85, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    I just got the email.

I was able to choose a section; I don't remember if I had to choose a price tier first.

2. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    For the Women's game, I had tickets right behind what's usually the Rapids bench and thought I'd be behind the US bench. But they used the other bench, and the visitors (the Aussies, with Tom Sermani) were at the Rapids' bench.

Jimmydinho repped this.
  3. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Went through Ticket Horse right at 10am, got an $85 ticket in 108, in row 2. Or I could have spent $115 more and moved up 1 row. Hmmm... ;)

4. Rich the Eagle

May 13, 2010
    Denver
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You could pick your sections but admittedly it wassn't immediately obvious & I use the Ticket Horse system fairly frequently.

Not aware of any away section, it really is up to luck where any Costa Rica fans buy their tickets. The only area where there shouldn't be any away fans at all will be the AO supporters section.

Jimmydinho repped this.
  5. Cos_Mos

Cos_Mos Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Broomfield
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lucky! I ended up straight across. I would have loved to be back in 131!

Jimmydinho repped this.
  6. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    I wonder how serious they are about the limit of tickets/household if you get emails for more than one pre-sale?

7. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    I got one (a code in an e-mail) tonight from USSF that is good for tomorrow -- it says single use, I would also guess they would be able to cross-reference multiple purchases by one person (scalpers?) but I'm not sure what they could do about a person that had multiple codes legitimately i.e A.O. member, Rapids sth, USSF, etc. The real traitor that should be put in stocks inside the goal during warm-ups would be someone that 'acquires' blocks of tickets to re-sell to the Tico fans

8. BYLRPhil

BYLRPhil Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whelp, I couldn't find anybody to go to the game with me, so I bought one AO ticket. Guess I'll make some new rowdy friends. I had a bunch of friends who, when the hex was announced, were all excited about going, but when the time came to commit chickened out.

9. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    I was wondering if I'd be able to give that USSF code to a friend I couldn't buy for today.

I wonder how many tickets were set aside for Rapids STH'ers. I got on not long after 10 and sections 128/129 weren't available; I wonder if they were holding that block for USSF pre-sales.

10. 30Something

30Something Member

Jun 3, 2004
    5280 Feet
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think 128 and 129 might be reserved for USSF Supporters Club Members. A friend of mine is a USSF Supporter (not AO), and he acquired tickets in 128 on Monday.

I think its weird how many different pre-sales there are:

AO (Feb 6)
    USSF Supporters Club (Feb 11)
    Rapids Full STH (Feb 12)
    USSF email list (Feb 12)
    Rapids Partial STH (Feb 13)
    General Public Visa card holders (Feb 15)
    then...
    General Public (Feb 19)

Dates may not be 100% accurate, but that looks like a logistical nightmare. USSF never ceases to amaze me.

COMtnGuy repped this.
  11. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the biggest reason for all this is trying to keep crowds pro US- no more Home, "Away" games. If anyone went to qualifiers in 90's and oo's they will know exactly what I am talking about.

Soaker888 repped this.
  12. Soaker888

Soaker888 Member+

Feb 21, 2012
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Haha. Yeah well, not surprising I guess. I bought 7 tix in section 109 (paid by price, so that's the section they gave me) and paid $574 for them all. $12 per ticket in fees. Ugh. I have 6 of them spoken for so still need that one extra fan. My neighbor is from Costa Rica and she was all excited to go then found out about the prices and declined an offer for me to buy for her.

13. Rich the Eagle

May 13, 2010
    Denver
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This is one of the great advantages of getting into the supporters culture. Yes you may buy your tickets alone & you may even travel to the game alone. But as soon as you roll up to the tailgate or take your place in the stadium you are instantly surrounded by hundreds of friends. I am totally sure that you will see many familiar faces from the Rapids supporters tailgates & CVI section there.

14. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's a typical KSE/US Soccer twist.

Not surprisingly, a number of member of the-group-formally-known-as-Class-VI bought Nats tickets in their normal section of 108. I know that the majority of the seats in the lower rows went to that group.

Apparently the USSF decided to put any Costa Rican fans in the upper rows of 108, but didn't even tell the Rapids until today.

Talking with the ticket dept. its because the USSF is working with the KSE DSG Park company, not the Rapids, on all of this. The Rapids were able to negotiate the pre-sale for their fanbase but otherwise are not involved at all, even to the point that the US Soccer ticket sale organization has taken over the Rapids ticket reps space this week and kicked them out.

So, barring somebody coming to their senses and moving people around, we're going to end up with a section where the lower half is perhaps the most passionate U.S. supporters in the stadium not sitting in the South stands and the upper half are the most passionate Costa Rican supporters in the stadium. Yeah, that won't be a problem at all...

Rod1916 and COMtnGuy repped this.
  15. meanderingjeeper

May 27, 2003
    At my house
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    ....is Argus still going to be in charge? They did a *stellar* job during the Rapids ccl games.

COMtnGuy repped this.
  16. tonhtubra

tonhtubra Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    Fort Collins, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    *facepalm*

I'm not that upset by the fact the Costa Ricans will be in the same section. We'll make it work and hopefully it will be a friendly experience. This -
    - Just baffles the mind.

It does give me a funny mental image though of what it will be like for the Rapids reps to return after the US Soccer folks leave. I'm imagining they will all be walking through the building towards their office. They'll slow down as they approach the door. When it opens it will kick up a cloud of dust that obstructs their view at first. As the dust settles they begin to see the carnage. US Soccer stuff is strewn about everywhere meanwhile all Rapids stuff has been vandalized. There are holes in the walls, empty bottles, maybe a desk that has been TPed, binders and papers spilled all over the floor, and messages scrawled on the walls like "USSoccer 4 Lyfe" and "It's our Dick now." Then Tim Hinchey will walk in with some of the folks from other departments and get this mean stare on his face. With veins popping out of his head and neck and his fists clenched he will begin speaking through gritted teeth "They don't get away with this. On March 22nd we get them back. All of us! Ticketing, marketing, the youth academy, EVERYONE! Why? Because we're One Club dammit." and then they all say "ONE CLUB!"

Dom. FC and jayd8888 repped this.
  17. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    Haha , yeah, and anyone in a black smedium t-shirt and a kilt will me singled out by Argus on game day.

18. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    It wasn't noted at Tickethorse, either. What if you were just some random person buying a few tickets and ended up in the Costa Rican supporters section? That might not be much fun.

19. Independiente

Independiente Member

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Mar 15, 2005
    Littleton, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My wife surprised me by purchasing 2 tix in sec 125, row 6. A bank breaker for sure, but I'm excited about this! We went to the USA vs Costa Rica game in SLC in 2005. I love Costa Rica and take students there every other year, but will be cheering for USA loud & proud!

COMtnGuy and Totoro repped this.
  20. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    I'm really looking forward to the game. I think the stadium will be rocking.

21. COphysicsDave

COphysicsDave Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Centennial State
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got a whole group together for this one! My Dad is even driving up from Albuquerque to see this. This will be my first time seeing the USMNT play in a game that actually matters, can't wait!

22. GreatZar

GreatZar Member

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Mar 29, 1999
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As of 10am Feb 14, the following sections appear to be sold out (or blocked for sale) for a group of 2 tickets together:

103-110 (E touch)
    112 (SE corner)
    115-120 (south -- AO)
    125 (W pen arc)
    127-131 (W touch)
    134 (NW)
    3 (NW corner temp bleachers)
    A (NW Terr near tunnel)
    G (NE Terr)

Still row 1 seats in groups of 2 available outside of midfield. Best non-front-row gives you about row 7 near a penalty box touch.

Totoro repped this.
  23. Brian71

Brian71 Member

Sep 2, 2006
    Denver
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I just got a ticket through US Soccer in section F...in what I knew to be the terraces. However, I had a row and seat number. I use to photograph games for MLS, but haven't been to DSGP in a while. Are they bringing in bleachers for the game or were they recently put in? The seating chart on the Rapids website shows the area as terraces. Anyways, really looking forward to this one!

24. Quinn 33

Quinn 33 Member+

Apr 25, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's just for this game. Terraces aren't allowed for WCQs, so they reconfigured it into several bleachers for the game.

Brian71 repped this.
  25. Virginian

Virginian Member

Sep 23, 1999
    Denver, Co
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone else frustrated that there are about $12 per ticket in DSGP fees PLUS $20 parking fee now. feels like I am getting abused. May just watch this one on TV. I have too many kids...

DavidJames, jayd8888 and Jasonma repped this.