News: March 22nd Supporters Tickets Now on Sale Through AO Store

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by crazyjon85, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Jimmydinho

Jimmydinho Member+

Jul 6, 2007
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    COMtnGuy repped this.
  2. tonhtubra

tonhtubra Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    Fort Collins, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm guessing they are bringing in traditional bleachers, hence the odd shapes. Also looks like there will be bleacher seats added above the north corner sections.

3. Jimmydinho

Jimmydinho Member+

Jul 6, 2007
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and row 1 is worth double (or triple) row 2? news to me.

4. Rich the Eagle

May 13, 2010
    Denver
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hi it's Richard here. for those of you on here that don't know me, I used to run the buses & the ticketing for the BSG & will be doing the same for the new Rapids SG. I am also on the board for American Outlaws Denver as treasurer.

Yesterday, during the half time of the Honduras v USA game at the British Bulldog, our AO Denver president Erik made an unscripted speech promoting AO Denver & encouraging supporters to buy tickets for the upcoming world cup qualifier. In this speech Erik made a comment that could be reasonably interpreted as disparaging towards the north end area of DSG Park commonly known as the Terrace(s). Erik accepts that his words in this part of the speech could have been chosen a little more wisely &, as he is not on Big Soccer, would like me to convey his apologies. Hopefully this is the end of the matter but if anyone wants to discuss it further, please feel free to email us at info@aodenver.com

Even before the announcement of the WCQ at DSG Park, AO Denver had been going through a rebirth with a completely new board. As active Rapids SG members, Jon & I bring our local experience & knowledge of working with the Colorado supporters community while Erik, as former head of the AO Orlando chapter, brings his experience with working with AO. Hopefully this new leadership will help AO Denver remain the premier outlet for those wanting to support the USA National team(s) in Colorado.

For the WCQ, we were consulted & we gave a recommendation that the AO supporters section be located in the south stands. The reasoning was that while, for Rapids games the DSG Park management quite reasonably takes into account that supporters will be standing, crowding round the capo stand or hanging out at the bar & therefore defines a capacity for the whole area, CONCACAF's 'no standing' regulations means that capacity has to be determined by how many seated bleacher spots there are. When the terrace was divided this was 480 seats per side so if you installed bleachers in the gap you would probably top out somewhere around 1200. This was considered too small for the AO section which some projections put at over 2000 for the WCQ.

The WCQ provides us the chance to create the biggest standing, singing & chanting supporters section DSG Park has ever seen. If Colorado is successful in this, this can only help the Rapids SG's cause as it may open a few eyes at the Rapids to the possibilities of what could be done for Rapids game. Because of this AO Denver has a simple message. If you want to watch the match in the supporters section, which will be general admission GA & involve standing, singing, chanting & general craziness for the full 90mins you should buy through the American Outlaws link (www.theamericanoutlaws.com/store). If you want to watch the game mostly sitting in your assigned seats, possibly surrounded by families & with the obligation to behave appropriately then you should wait for the Rapids pre-sale.

It should be noted that the Rapids pre-sale(s) are a benefit negotiated by the Rapids & are unlikely to feature prices lower than those quoted by US Soccer. It really is of no consequence to the Rapids if you buy through the pre-sale or not.

I'll finish by saying that it appears that a lot of good people involved in AO Denver, the Rapids SG, AO, the Rapids FO, DSG Park & US Soccer have done a great job in setting this game up so far. It's now up to the true football supporters in Colorado to follow the freely available advice, make a good decision on where they watch the match from in the stadium & generally do their bit to ensure that Denver is a firm fixture for USA games for years to come.

Stuart95, 30Something, Totoro and 4 others repped this.
  5. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just a comment that from discussions it appears that many of the group-formerly-known-as-Class VI members plan to be in or near their normal seats bringing their normal atmosphere (which wouldn't fall under the general description here ;)). So look at 108 and 109 if you're looking for a seat (as opposed to standing) with fans who aren't the typical family crowd.

6. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    For the women's game, you were not offered your seat. Further, even though the tickets were sold through Tickethorse, you could not select specific seats/rows in a section like you normally can for a Rapids game. Instead, you could select a price range or a section and then it would present the "best available" seat for that choice.

7. meanderingjeeper

May 27, 2003
    At my house
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I would hope you would behave appropriately no matter where you sit. an obnoxious drunkard/dullard is the same, regardless of location.

TeleRock repped this.
  8. 30Something

30Something Member

Jun 3, 2004
    5280 Feet
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One's opinion of another's level of obnoxiousness is directly proportional to his own level of obnoxiousness. I have no issue sitting with, or next to, obnoxious drunkards so long as my kids aren't with me and am fully prepared to join in.

30Something is now 40Something, but even at my advanced age I have no issues with people having a good time, behaving however the hell they see fit, so long the innocent are not subjected to violence.

9. 30Something

30Something Member

Jun 3, 2004
    5280 Feet
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AO, Sam's Army, Rapids SG (whatever the hell the name will eventually be).....

I don't give two shits about who gets credit for filling the stadium or bringing the atmosphere as long as DSGP is packed, everyone has a great time, and the Nats claim 3 points.

I think we can all agree with that.

crazyjon85, 22SteveD and tonhtubra repped this.
  10. Bridgeman

Bridgeman Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Feb 25, 2006
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you. Any idea when the Rapids are going to update the STH's? Tues coming fast.

11. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    I received a short update email on Wednesday. I would guess there will be another on Monday, with the actual code/link sent Tuesday morning.

12. crazyjon85

crazyjon85 Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    presale with AO Ends Tomorrow at 8pm

13. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    Did you receive the email today? STH presale starts Tuesday at 10AM, they will email out a link.

14. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone get their STH codes yet for today?

Kind of surprised I have not gotten it yet.

15. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    For anyone that hasn't noticed the link is live at USSF for regular ticket buyers at 10:00 on 2-19 AND if you use a Visa card you can get your tickets this Friday at 10:00 (both are shown as MT). That offer is until 11:59 that day and if you miss it you apparently have wait for Monday.

16. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nothing yet...

17. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    They came really late for the USWNT game IIRC. Like I would expect the email at 10 or a little after, actually.

18. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    Actually, the link at Tickethorse is live, you can click and log in with your tickethorse account.

Edit: looks like a $12.55 convenience fee per seat for the $85 seats...

Jimmydinho and meanderingjeeper repped this.
  19. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    That seems weird. I was able to buy tickets just by going to tickethorse. Can just anyone?

Edit: I guess not. I asked a non-STH friend to try and he said he got the message "this offer is currently restricted."

20. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks Totoro, I used that method to.

21. meanderingjeeper

May 27, 2003
    At my house
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    yeah I had to use that method too. surprise surprise no one answering the phones over at Customer service.

Jasonma and COMtnGuy repped this.
  22. Jimmydinho

Jimmydinho Member+

Jul 6, 2007
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thnaks! I was endlessly refreshing my inboxes until I read this. The order went through and confirmed.

Out of curiosity, was anyone able to pick their sections? Due to some misreading, initial mistyping, restarts and a pressurized day at work here I just eventually went with "best avaliable" in my price range after that series of futzes and ended up in 131 (where I sat before I came over to 108).

Anybody know if I'll be in the middle of a sea of Ticos? I plan on razzing the visiting team from behind the bench. Is there an away fan arraingment yet?

23. Bridgeman

Bridgeman Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Feb 25, 2006
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the link I didn't get the follow up email yet.
    $12.10 fee apiece for the $70 seats. What a rip off. They have you on a timer too. Type fast! Those guys better show up for this game.

24. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I tried my section but got row 8 over row 2 i have for Rapids. One reason they are doing smaller SSS and pre-buys is to limit the availability of tickets for visitors, trying to get a completely home advantage the other teams enjoy..

25. meanderingjeeper

May 27, 2003
    At my house
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    10.42 finally got my email with a link, but appears to go to the same place at ticket horse.

Jasonma and COMtnGuy repped this.