News: March 22nd Supporters Tickets Now on Sale Through AO Store

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by crazyjon85, Feb 6, 2013.

1. crazyjon85

crazyjon85 Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First of all, its not a slight of any Rapids SG or the people who inhabit the terraces. Its comment on the physical location and condition of the Terraces themselves, something I personally share. Second he isn't a Rapids fan nor does he have to be and if you take offense to someone bashing the physical nature of the terraces and take it as a bashing of the local culture, maybe you need a thicker skin. If I had my way, Id give the terraces up and take over the south end of the stadium with the cantina being a supporters bar. It's a matter of preference. No slight

2. COYP

COYP Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Denver
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It doesn't matter what you or he think of the location. Making disparaging comments about the current location of the rapids sg is obnoxious. Especially when his "org" is leaning heavily on us. Point this clown out to me on the 23rd. I'd love to speak with him.

Jasonma and CommodoreSlacksburn repped this.
  3. crazyjon85

crazyjon85 Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh come on mike, thats just ridiculous. Its not a comment about the SG at all. It was a comment about the terraces being an adequate place for this game. You and I can talk about it in private but that is a gross overstatement.

4. CommodoreSlacksburn

Apr 11, 2012
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Were you there? Did you hear the way he said it or what he said?
    It came off like he was bashing the stadium and the people who are usually in it. I guess I should've added his entire comments but I forgot to take my stenographer to the bulldog today. When his following comments talked about how great his section will be the best it's ever been in dick's, I think any "supporter" should be offended by it considering his previous remarks of how it "sucks" there.
    My skin is plenty thick pal. But his remarks were out of line.

5. crazyjon85

crazyjon85 Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes I was there, I'm pretty sure I was 2 feet away from you if you are who I think you are. Was I offended No, because I know the Terrace has its limits and anyone who cant admit that, is probably just lying to themselves. The new SG, ECS, timbers army or whoever could be in that space and still struggle. It just isn't set up for growth but that's not what this discussion is about. If you feel personally slighted by that statement, I'm sorry.

6. CommodoreSlacksburn

Apr 11, 2012
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doubt that you have any clue who I am and I agree the section needs an overhaul which is why the bleachers were put, to try something new. Not addressing anything else I've said makes me wonder if you're the one who made the statements or one his pals because you're so hung on one thing I've said. Unfortunately I'm all out of shits to give on this subject because its going nowhere fast. You can take it how you want it but I wasn't the only season ticket holder in that area that felt that it wasn't just a jab at the stadium but the supporters.

7. crazyjon85

crazyjon85 Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, I'm not him, Yes he's my friend and I'm just really tired of petty issues getting in the way and this is about as petty and as meaningless as they come. The terraces are just not well equipped for this specific event and that was the nature of the comment

8. CommodoreSlacksburn

Apr 11, 2012
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haha I figured seeing how hurt you got when I went after him. What issues are getting in the way of a great match with more than likely a sellout crowd?
    You might want to invest in some of that thick skin stuff you were talking about.

9. crazyjon85

crazyjon85 Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do have a thick skin, I'm just tired of people's feelings being over something that, quite frankly isn't a big deal. It just seems like people are looking for a reason to get angry. And if he had said something that was offensive then you know what I'd be the first person to tell him. It wasn't any kind of deal let alone a big deal

10. craighwk

craighwk Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did the terraces suck for viewing a match? Yes they did. Are they better now with the new stands? Yes they are. Is the other end of the stadium better? No it's not. Do I agree with his comment? No I don't, but I didn't take it as being offensive to the SGs.

Do we care that they sucked for viewing the game? No we don't. We're too busy singing and cheering and jumping around for minor things like that to spoil our time. The comment just sounded like it came from someone who hasn't been into the new terraces and just had his own ideas formed from a few people who might have gone to a match or two and got stuck behind my big head. I didn't take it any more than that.

11. CommodoreSlacksburn

Apr 11, 2012
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess offended might have been the wrong word. Maybe I was more put off at his comments and the way he worded everything he said it came off as a bit of a jab. I think by going by someone else's opinion of the terrace as you suggest and then making his comments, just shows more ignorance on his part if its true that he hasn't been to a match there.
    I don't feel like there isn't already a large US following here in Denver but soccer here will always be the lowest sport on the Colorado totem pole. It's an unfortunate truth. And maybe he should've chosen his words a little more wisely. Trying to get a good following and building up something probably should be started with more positive comments. Just my $0.02.

12. craighwk

craighwk Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry that I kept re-writing my post and I guess i'm glad you quoted it. I've had a few to drink and I just can't get what I have in my head onto a forum correctly. Perhaps I took some of the comments here too far, which is why I erased the parts about y'all saying he was swiping at the SGs.

I agree though, the words should have been chosen better or not spoke at all. I was like, what, did he really just say that? Then that was all and I had another drink. :)

CommodoreSlacksburn repped this.
  13. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And yet, I know supporters begged to be given that space over section 100 or some of the other options.

As a neutral in the location, it seems to be the best place for the supporters. 100 was a horrible location and the south end never really "worked" when they were there.

14. 30Something

30Something Member

Jun 3, 2004
    5280 Feet
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a SG member and someone who has spent a lot of time in the terrace, I'll say this:

The terrace has the absolute worst sight lines in the stadium. It is an awful place to watch the game. However, it is the absolute BEST place in the stadium to experience the game.

Quinn 33, m vann, Hunt998 and 2 others repped this.
  15. COYP

COYP Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Denver
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As someone who spends a lot of time trying to improve that I find making disparaging comments about the location extremely counter productive to our goals especially when those comments are made to new potential supporters.

They are free to say what they want but if they want to partner with SGs to grow their chapter for the WCQ game they need to think about the effects of their comments.

Quinn 33 and Jasonma repped this.
  16. Quinn 33

Quinn 33 Member+

Apr 25, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Half of the AO guys are bandwagon fv<ktwats, and thats one of the main reasons I don't associate with them.

I mean, there are people in the group that brag about watching Football Factory like its some kind of accomplishment. Not to mention that a lot of them don't support their local team (too busy gushing over teams in England they never seen in person). Plastic as hell.

I almost want to start a Sam's Army chapter in Colorado just to give them the finger.

17. craighwk

craighwk Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And this is the kind of petty b.s. that turn people off the most.

TeleRock repped this.
  18. Quinn 33

Quinn 33 Member+

Apr 25, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And another thing...

AO have literally done jack shit over the last five years to grow the supporters movement in this state. The soccer bars, the World Cup events, and even this WCQ has been on the backs of the RFO and the active members of the Rapids supporters groups. All they do is just piggy back on the infrastructure thats been built, and then talk shit about the people that built it.

Buffbollocks, Jimmydinho and Jasonma repped this.
  19. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As an outsider to the U.S. SG drama, this is my impression as well. That's why part of me was annoyed when the AO's got first dibs on tickets (though it makes sense from a logistical standpoint). The Rapids FO and SG's have done the work to build the culture in Denver and get a major game here, and then AO swoops in to take advantage (and if we turn out how I expect for the game, they'll be given a lot of the credit as well).

20. craighwk

craighwk Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AO isn't using the RFO for anything. And they are not holding Rapids supporters at gunpoint, forcing them to help out. The Rapids supporters have volunteered their time in an effort to make something of of it. This is becoming absurd.

We're making sweeping generalizations about 1 or 2 people in a group. If we let that be the rule, than both Pid Army and BSG would both be screwed.

AO works with US Soccer to get the tickets. Rapids front office has nothing to do with it. This is standard at any USA home game. If you want someone to blame for the tickets, blame US Soccer.

21. Quinn 33

Quinn 33 Member+

Apr 25, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A few notes:
    Yes, they have volunteered, which is why they deserve better. It's absurd that some people can show up for something 2 or 3 times a year and act like they run everything and have some kind of special status.

Yet, the people in AO that are actually involved in Rapids support are the people I like and can hang out with.

Thats not the point I was making about the RFO, and I already know the USSF dictates how tickets are sold and distributed. The Rapids however, did get the match to be played here. They also footed the bill for those huge street parties during the last World Cup.

Don't burn bridges and don't bite the hand that feeds. I'm not opposed to AO, but the dynamic needs to shift considerably. I'll leave it at that.

22. Icculus

Icculus Member

Dec 14, 2005
    Steamboat Springs
    COMtnGuy repped this.
  23. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ouch, Class VI is in the $85 area.

Rod1916 repped this.
  24. Rod1916

Rod1916 Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Makes me think moving across the aisle to 109 might be worth it for the game. Save a few bucks and use the $$ for parking.

I wonder if we will be able to get our "normal" seats?

rod.

Jasonma repped this.
  25. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm thinking the same thing. I'm going to ping the regulars to see if there's any kind of coordinated plan.