Marcelo Moreno (reduex)

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by vivabolivar, Sep 16, 2009.

1. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Marcelo is loaned out until the end of this season which is mid year. The news mentions him leaving, so if he does leave it woud be for 1 million and they would have him til mid year. Noone is going to take that risk at this point. At least I dont think so unless some team has a big shortage of strikers. Once the loan completes Werder had the option to buy him for 8 Mill EUs. Werder will not pay that much, Shakhtar hasnt recouped their investement so they might release him for less, whoever the highest bidder is out there, most likely an English club since they're getting tons of money from Arab investors, who invest on many teams and are owners of a couple. I guess another reason why he might end up there.

2. rolo01

rolo01 New Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Ashton, MD
    Club:
    CA River Plate
  3. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Sweet! I hope the team takes that and sees that he is ready to work harder, and work his way over rosenberg for that third or second spot!

I hope it goes well for him.

4. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Me gusta su actitud......es ese tipo de mentalidad que eventualmente lo llevara al exito!!!

5. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yep! Don't give up! Keep showing them you are worth it. Just like when growing up, many times I wanted to quit many things, whether it be dropping a class, a paper, a team, etc.

With hard work comes the your reward! Lets hope this is the case with moreno!

6. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Well boys this article seems to say that his days in Bremen are over and he's headed back to Shakhtar. The words from his father are harsh.

"Está confirmado. Marcelo Martins volverá al Shakhtar de Ucrania luego de culminar su vinculación con el Werder Bremen de Alemania.
    El dato lo confirmó ayer el papá del atacante cruceño, Mauro Martins, quien explicó que en dos semanas más su hijo estará nuevamente en Ucrania para sumarse al trabajo del equipo “metalúrgico”, que es dueño de la ficha del jugador que desde junio del año pasado estuvo en el Bremen por un préstamo que llegó a los tres millones de dólares.
    “Mi hijo ha sido discriminado por el técnico del Bremen (Thomas Schaaf) quien no lo hizo jugar por ser boliviano. Si hubiese sido brasileño seguro que jugaba más tiempo”, sostuvo ayer don Mauro cuando confesó que su hijo demostró en el fútbol alemán que sabe hacer goles.
    “En los pocos partido que jugó hizo goles y eso al parecer no fue suficiente para el entrenador”, dijo y adelantó que afortunadamente el entrenador del Shakhtar Donetsk, el rumano Mircea Lucescu, lo quiere tener en sus filas.
    “El presidente del Shakhtar me ha dicho que no lo va a prestar a ningún club de Europa o Sudamérica. Eso significa que lo quieren en el equipo; por lo tanto, en dos semanas más debe estar en Ucrania para estar nuevamente con sus antiguos compañeros”, sostuvo."

Found this article on futbolistasbol.blogspot.com

7. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yikes, i'm not hopeful no matter waht the president says.

Taht romanian was the same guy that didnt let Marcelo play, remember?

And damn, its so wierd because wasnt it Schaaf that wanted him in the first place??? Wierd comments by his dad... I wonder how much truth is in it though???

8. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I was thinking the same thing, i just got done reading the coments made by Schaaf when he came in and he's the one that wanted Moreno in the first place. And then Lucescu is the one that didnt want Moreno in the first place.

It makes no sense, this is looking worse by the minute, specially if he goes back to Shakhtar. THey have currently 29 players on their roster and plenty of forwards that they continue to use. Also, just read the SHakthar website and they're not loaning any player out or bringing more in.

9. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Hopefully he cna leave back to brasil....

10. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Not with the 8 million price tag he has, and def with all Shakthar invested in him. They'll keep loaning him out to the highest bidder, even if it means playing in Uzbekistan, as long as they get some of thier money back.

11. rolo01

rolo01 New Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Ashton, MD
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    I think his father is out of line calling/suggesting Thomas Schaaf a racist. I get it, he's disappointed and frustrated with the lack of playing time and participation with Werder Bremen but looking ahead, I don't think Shakhtar is what he needs right now. He needs to go back to Brazil and kill it all over again!

My $.02

12. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yep, thats pretty obvious. Brasil is where he shined, and he needs to get back to his place wehre he performed the best.

13. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Looks like Palmeiras is interested. They're not in the Libertadores but they're in the Sudamericana.

14. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    It's always great getting a direct quote from the team's official. Hope it makes it happen, Palmeiras is huge and more likely to get MINUTES

15. rolo01

rolo01 New Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Ashton, MD
    Club:
    CA River Plate
  16. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yikes, it sounds like we are in for another sad season for martins. :(

If the loan option is out, then who will want to take him straight away? He has nothing to show in euro' football, with his time at shahktar and werder being mostly busts, so why would any team want to buy him outright??? :(

17. rolo01

rolo01 New Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Ashton, MD
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    I'm sure there are clubs who would be interested in purchasing his rights but the major issue is his price tag, it is high and he hasn't much to show for it, especially in the european market, therefore it makes an "outright" purchase seem rather unlikely. It looks like Shakhtar will be his home until then.

18. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea thats what i left off, to lower his price. I mean he has hype, but how many will buy into it after not impressing at both wereder and shahktar?

He could go to england, but again the problem is his price! EPL clubs are pretty rich though.

19. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    That sucks for him, and now his fathers words are gonna hit even harder for any other coach to want to deal with such accusations. Let's hope that an Italian team steps up, to pay some but sure as hell no one will pay 8m EU for him. In the meantime moreno rots in the bench of training squad.

20. rolo01

rolo01 New Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Ashton, MD
    Club:
    CA River Plate
  21. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thats not so bad on him going to fenerbahce...theyre a champiosn league team and not a league with much expectations...he has the skill to make it there...it would be an ok move...theyre the best team in turkey too...

22. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Why not??? They play regular champions league! They are a good team, and turkey is a league where our boy can do VERY well. They play IMO better soccer for our style wise, then shahktar.

23. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Also let me add, its a good place to restart his career, look at anelka. He used Fenerbache as a jump start to his career after it was going bad, now hes at chelsea!

24. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    very good points...this is not a bad thing..but lets hope 'SOMETHING' happens whether to brazil or wherever

25. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Shahktar plays your typical euro futbol. Very physical and FAST. The Turkish league isn't nearly as fast or physical but it's pretty technical, which is the type of play Marcelo and most south americanswould excel in. I mean, Moreno is athletic, but he's not a very physical dude.