Marcelo Moreno (reduex)

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by vivabolivar, Sep 16, 2009.

1. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Anyone can succeed in any leegue if they put their minds to it. It's all mental. If you have the talent you can succeed anywhere. Perfect ex. Carlitos Tevez(arg, brasil, eng)

2. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Good point on Tevez, extremely underappreciated and underestimated his tenacity and heart when he's on the field allows him to score goals in any league. Not too many people have the ganas to do what he does.
    Tevez does have more creativity on one on one attack, way better than Moreno. YOu have to have that ability, that's what Moreno needs to work on. He can create the space and get open but he takes a couple of steps makes one move and shoots. Tevez can break your ankle with his quickness. Again I dont think it matters too much where he lands, just has to be a mid level team that will make him the starter, everything else should follow.

3. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Carlitos is FAST and very skillfull. Even though he's small, he's very braud/ Strong. His braud shoulders and lower center of gravity makes him extremely hard to push around period. Your right, Tevez can play anywhere. Moreno can't push aside defeners like Tevez or Pizzaro can. Moreno is strong, but other then his height, his physical prowlness isn't very strong.

He's got the speed and talent at least. The height he has is good for leagues that aren't as physical as EPL.

4. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    That sucks....................... I mean what else can you say. It's just a big dissapointment,

5. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    It was all down hill when they nicknamed him "mogley" on their boards LOL

He'll be fine, as long as he's getting playing time before the run up to Copa America I'll be happy. Back to Brasil please:cool:

6. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Damn, sadly again, another time that he will have to move on because of no playing time.

But i see him being used in the EPL, but hopefully at a team that NEEDS him/ is willing to play him.

Everton is hurting with players, and with their recent interest in galindo, i wonder if they would be interested in moreno, as they are hurt up top wtih issues with strikers.

7. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    LOL, i can see the resemblance

i agree too, he will do fine. and im gonna side with Fuego and say that he can play in the EPL and that's where i would like him to go. Calcio is good too. since he is a "penalty box striker" ,which i think he is a little more than that, he might fare well in EPL. i thought Guille Franco was gonna bust in West Ham. but he's doing okay. so it should be the same for Moreno.

It seems strange to me that he could not fit in Werder.Schaff is a good coach,you can tell in games, but werder has not been doing good lately. i have wondered why he has used Marko Marin as supporting striker instead of attacking midfield. it would have been nice to see one game with Pizarro and Moreno up front with Marin right behind.

anyway, I still think he will stay at Werder for the rest of the season.

8. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea, its a mystery. He liked the guy before he ever came to wereder, he must have not been performing well in practice maybe?

9. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    or during the games?

10. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^I have no idea, cause it stated in that article, he has gotten in 4 games total since transfering playing in the bundesliga, and within those games 64mins, and he plays one whole game, vs. nacional, and actually scored the best goal, and basically sets up another with his crossbar header he had also....

I think at this point, they are sort of kicking themselves, seeing how they didnt give him enough chances to show his worth, and now its time to put up the money or let him go, and frankly he hasnt done ENOUGH to warrent the money, and on their side they havent done ENOUGH to let him show that he had potential....

11. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Well. on the werder forums. theres a lot of talk that Moreno doesn't perform well in practice. seriously though, the guy has not had a lot of match time in BL often coming on the pitch at the 90th minute. he had one unmemorable game vs. Fuchal in German cup. Seriously what has Rosenberg done to have merit over M3? ive seen a handful of Werder games, and he has not shown much. This all seems like its purely business. M3's price tag has changed.
    Tottenham sounds like it was a better deal.

12. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    His age, and his resume in euro' football. Moreno is young player, wiht no euro' background.

13. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    are you talking about Rosenberg? i can see that but he has not set himself far apart from the likes of M3 or Almeida. Marin starts over him. isn't he like 24/25? i just have a weird feeling Moreno will stay at werder. who doesnt want to see the "Andes Bombers" .

14. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markus_Rosenberg

Hes 27, but yes i hope he stays... i like that he is in germany, hopefully he gets picked up by a club there, as i think it is better for him then england, but england wouldnt be bad either.

I wonder which clubs though, could afford him?

15. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I just hope his manager/dad isn't messing things up for him with other clubs.

16. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i dont think going to EPl is smart...hell end up on the bench again..you know that the EPl is the most demanding anf if you dont perform well once your chances are slim for another real chance. i.e tevez, owens, saha for MANU..

17. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    It's somewhat baffling what Werder has done so far. In the preseason Moreno was hot, they resign Pizarro and take Moreno out. Then Marin is given the chance up top (not arguing with the use of Marin but as someone said earlier he's perfect playing right behind the forwards just not a true forward). They want to seperate now if possible, however, with a coment like "he's not performed to expectations" no one will take a shot at such a high price tag.
    It's clear that Shakhtar doesnt want him back and wants to recoup their investment. Sounds more like the "we want him but because of our current expense, we want him cheaper"
    I do see him staying with Werder, as long as shahktar shaves a couple of million from the pricetag.
    I dont see Moreno as playing bad in practices, with all the incentives he's gotten so far why would he mess this up (Trips to islands, his current trip to dubai, brand new VW).
    We have to wait a couple of days, if he speaks out about the situation then their split is a given, but if he stays mum then I think it's a strategic move on Bremen's part.

18. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yes, but the players you mentioned, all play for BIG teams. Saha went from Man U to Everton, and things changed once he went to a different team. He was like Moreno, too hot and cold. Never steady.

Moreno needs to go to a lower level team, like everton, where they need players and are fighting for their life right now. He doesnt need to go to a Man U or Liverpool, or even Spurrs. He needs to go to a team that needs his help!

Yes, i feel werder has good intentions with Moreno, but if they really dont see him working out there, and dont want to buy him/ rather try marin/ rosenberg instead of him then hes gotta leave.

19. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i rather he play in an OK europe team i.e. ukraine greece and play then somebig europe team and spend his youth away on the bench

20. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I agree. If things don't work out, I hope he at least goes to a league where he can get AMPLE playing time, or hell.... go back to brasil! The league is just as good as the lower level leagues in europe.

21. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    I'd be happy if he ended up in Brazil, or even Argentina. He's attracting all the attention of some of the top clubs in Europe. It won't be long now until he is relegated to a 1st division team that's doing "ok" or even close to relegation. These are the teams that he'll excell in. I agree w u.

Check out Forlan. Dude didn't fare well in Manchester United at all. His play was far more appreciated when he went to Atletico Madrid (I think?). He started scoring like crazy!

22. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^No, it was villarreal, and won the pichichi. After that Atl. Madrid dished big bucks to get him over there.

23. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    is he even allowed to leave during this transfer window?

24. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Good question. I wonder how long his loan is for.