Marcelo Moreno (reduex)

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by vivabolivar, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Interesting.... so they are finally starting to loose faith?

I think mabye the first header 'post' he hit that went to rosenberg and the header goal he had vs. nacional may help his chances, but he needs more playing time.

Interesting to hear he has suiters though in the EPL watching right now.

2. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    thats weird. its doesn't even make sense for Werder to let him go now. they would basically lose the money they invested. seems like more magazine babble. whether this a tactic to lower Moreno's worth or in reality Werder does not want him. its refreshing to know that EPL clubs are interested. Werder better play their cards right if they are just playing hardball with Donetsk.

3. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea, i hear bild is like a big rumor mag' and alot of stuff needs to be taken with a grain of salt..... but like they say, with every rumor/ lie there's always a spackle of truth peppered in.

4. Boliviasoccerboy91

Nov 5, 2009
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Damn. I feel so bad for Marcelo Martins. any interested teams on him? he deserves better. He is a world class striker.

5. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    This only gets worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Today Werder Bremen played vs Schalke 04 and Marcelo didn't even go to the bench, + Pizarro came back, + they lost 0-2.
    Looks like they're making it very clear that they no longer want/need him. This BLOWS!!!!!

6. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Well, it said in that article (german mag') that there are suiters in england, so he isnt done yet. He will have more opportunities.

He actually reminds me of a roque santa cruz, and will probably have as similar career. He did well in teh EPL, and given marcelos ability to finish with his head off crosses, he'd be very very good in the EPL.

7. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    remember roque is much more physical as all paraguyans usually are and moreno hasnt scored from his head other then v uruguay and the last goal he scored...

8. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    He scored recently with his head vs. nacional of portugal in the europa league. He has a good amount of goals to his credit off his head. Its one of his strongest points of his game.

9. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    We all knew the dudes a poacher. I thought his footwork was fairly decent for a World Class poacher. I thought his passes were fairly good.

I mean, I don't think Pizzaro is as good on the ball as Martins. Pizzaro is alittle big, stronger, and slightly faster, but other then that, Martins owns him vs dribbling and passing. So I thought.

10. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you clearly hasvent seen pizarro play..as much as i hate the peruchos hes a beast alongside bremen and from every game ive seen with moreno hes not better than pizarro...this means moreno doesnt belong there..

and i dont think hell last in the EPL..hes not very physical..more tactical really..italy is good for him IMO or holland or portugal..france..very respectable leagues

11. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Shit, anywhere where he can get for sure playing time is good for him.

12. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I dont know if you meant he doesnt belong in Bremen or in the Bundesliga. I think he is perfect for the bundesliga, BUT looking at the Roque analogy, he did well with Bayern, didnt get as many chances as he shouldve (considering all the choices they had) gotten, and considering what he does for his team in the EPL i think that's a success. THe problem with Marcelo is bad luck. Let's not forget that when Marcelo was signed, Bremen didnt think they would have Pizarro on their team, that happened after Marcelo was signed. Do i think Bremen lost faith in him, i dont think so, it's just that Pizarro is doing really well, and you cant blame them for keeping him there. Even their coach has mentioned the similarities in Pizarro and Moreno, and you cant have two forwards that play the same style.

If he goes to the EPL he has to go to a mid level team, that will assure more of a starting role to prove himself, the problem is that he'll be stuck in that midlevel team. I guarantee you that Roque, as much as I like him as a player, will never go to a larger club than were he is now, and certainly not the starter in a team like Bayern.
    That is another difference with the EPL and bundesliga, a player has more chances to move up in the Bundesliga than the EPL. If you dont succeed right of the bat for a big EPL club you're viewed as a failure and waste of money and then no one touches you. In the Bundesliga, I've seen players move more freely. I do hope that at the end of his cycle either Pizarro is gone, which might prompt Bremen to secure Marcelo, or if Pizarro stays (i think his current contract is a 2 year contract, but can still be loaned out) then Marcelo needs to go to a diff BUndesliga team. HOffenheim, Dortmund, Wolfsburg, teams like that.
    I dont think i've wanted a bolivian player to succeed as much as M3. he has a lot of potential.

I thought Marcelo was a reserve and traveled with the team agaisnt Bilbao.

13. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    We'll see how things turn out.

Good post though.

Moreno has potentila, he just needs playing time. He got it vs. nacional and scored. I am surprised he hasnt gotten another start after that.... when is their next game BTW?

14. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    any moves for this guy in the upcoming transfer window?

15. rolo01

rolo01 New Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Ashton, MD
    Club:
    CA River Plate
  16. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    He won't fare well in the English Premier league. He wasn't doing horrible in Werder, nor was he doing relatively bad. He's not extrordinarily powerful / strong, so i don't think he's built for the English Premier league. Dude probably needs to either in Spain, italy, or even Turkey or Greece. Leagues that are more technical then physical.

Pizzaro is alittle flat footed. Everytime I've seen him play, he's flat with the ball. P is a great Strong Poacher, but Morenos way more technical.

17. rolo01

rolo01 New Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Ashton, MD
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Schaaf made a good point in a recent article by saying "He is a penalty area striker". Although that is a good thing, in any league you play in, especially in europe, you need more than that. He needs to mature and gain more experience. He's doing ok, but ok will not be enough for europe as the talent and competition for his position is cut throat.

18. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I will go against the grain, and think the EPL may be a good fit for him. His air game on crosses is just too good, and his ability to finish in the box is perfect for the english game.

He does need more playing time, and i wish he stays with werder.... but if he leaves I dont blame him. He isnt playing, and it is frustrating as a player, especially as good as he is.

19. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I'm with you bro..

20. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

not good enough IMO for EPl..he needs to go to italy..there hell b a success..i can gurantee that...hes too weak and not physical enough

21. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yes, Italy too would be a good place, as his finishing ability would be well used in the italian leagues.

I dont konw if he isnt 'good enough' for the EPL, as i believe he can succeed there, but italy too would be a great league also for him to grow in.

22. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he can be good enough but his normal skills..just plain raw would not help him survive in the EPl

23. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Only time will tell. But hopefully whereever he goes, he is given a fair shake.

24. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Well we've heard arguments that he'll be good for EPL but also good for Italy or Spain. I think the point made is clear, he has the talent and capability to thrive in most leagues. The problem is that he needs to be in a midlevel club that will make him the starter. Until then we won't know for sure which league suits him better.

Strong argument for the EPL as a penalty area striker. Again, Crouch is a good example but there are many forward starters that are just that, penalty area strikers, and succeed in the epl. I think Moreno is more than that but that's my opinion.

I tend to agree more on the Italy side, as he he can move out of the box and create space to score, or moving to the open space for that perfect header.

I really wish he could stay in Germany, he will build the strength needed be in quality shape with the trainers they have and def be visible to move up.

25. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    I disagree here. I think he would be more savy then the average forward in the EPL (At least the English ones). He's a very good poacher, but the EPL require very physical poachers. Moreno is tall, but he doesn't have the frame of say Pizzaro or the big boned poachers of the typical EPL poacher. His talent is more then satisfactory for the EPL; it's simply the pedigree of players that play there that has me thinking he won't fare well there.

Think about it, Africans do better in the EPL then South Americans. That right there should speak volumes of the type of player that can be successful in EPL. Players with an average frame, decent speed, and extremely technical (kaka, Ronaldhino) won't fare well in EPL.