ManUre vs LIVERPOOL FC - EPL - Jan 13 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by usscouse, Jan 6, 2013.

1. oikos

oikos Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Glastonbury, CT
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Sturridge plays the second half. Start off in with the group and positions that have done well these past few games and then Sturridge has the fresh legs and speed to capitalize on the defense.
    The most worrisome part of the game is how we'll defend against RVP. We've looked a little slow in the back at time.
    LFC win 4-2. Suarez 2, Sturridge 1, and the Captain with 1.

2. blanconi

blanconi Member+

Aug 25, 2008
    Anyone know where Sturridge's loyalty lies?

I mean, did he grow up as a Liverpool fan like Walcott? An Arsenal fan or whatever? Or a small team fan?

Just curious.

3. poopoobigelow

poopoobigelow Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 3, 2007
    VA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    He's from Birmingham and started in Aston villa's academy. But, he moved to man city when he was 14, so I don't know if that counts as growing up.

4. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Per Wikipedia,

Youth career
    Born in Birmingham,[1] Sturridge began his playing career at the age of 6 at local club Cadbury Athletic, before being spotted at the age of seven by the youth academy of Aston Villa.[2] He left Villa four years later to move to Coventry City, from where he joined Manchester City's Academy in 2003, aged 13.[2][3] A Football League committee later ordered Manchester City to pay Coventry £30,000 compensation, with further payments up to a maximum of £200,000 based upon appearances and international honours.[4] The following year, he was the leading scorer and voted player of the season (the only other person to achieve this was Argentine footballer Carlos Tévez) as City won the Nike Cup, the world's largest under-15 tournament.[5] At 16, he played for Manchester City Youth during their 2006 FA Youth Cup run. The youngest player in the side, he scored four goals en route to the final,[6] and another two in the final, though they were insufficient to prevent a 3–2 aggregate defeat to Liverpool.[7] That summer, he signed his first professional contract, which came into effect when he turned 17.[8]

5. blanconi

blanconi Member+

Aug 25, 2008
    Oh I see... He's a little bastard! :D

6. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He probably supported all of those clubs as a kid, just like Robbie Keane.

7. Fussballer

Fussballer Member+

Liverpool FC
    Sep 18, 2002
    In my head
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Call me crazy (some of you lot do!), but I'd start Jonjo just for spite.

8. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    nah, Evans will just two-foot studs up him and Shelvey will get sent off for it.

Seriously though, he'd get booed pretty badly because of the red card last time + the confrontation with SARN. It's one thing for Suarez, since he's a veteran who's used to receiving fan abuse all around the world, and he can handle it. Jonjo is 20 and as far as I know, he's never been booed by 75,000 hostile fans before in their own stadium :confused:. Of course it's something he'd have to get accustomed to, but Shelvey's a bit hot headed, and putting him in there would just be begging to get him sent off.

9. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm sure my sensa humour has failed here, but Robbie Keane is a Liverpool supporter. LB once posted a picture of a young Robbie with a Liverpool scarf held aloft.

10. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well RB he is a red. But he also said he was a boyhood Celtic supporter. And being a young Irish kid that's probably so. It kinda became a trope that he supported the clubs he played for and in the States it was kiddingly asserted that he had announced he was a boyhood LA Galaxy fan.

I guess ya had da be dere.

And as to Sturridge why not a boyhood Villian? He was born in Birmingham, god help him!

11. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Decent results elsewhere today. Win tomorrow and we keep moving up the table.

12. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Given what has happened to teams above us, this is a chance but stomach-knottingly tight chance. I have to visit family friends in Northamptonshire so will not be able to watch this one.

13. lotsogolazo

lotsogolazo Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Man Utd's defense has been so shaky and their midfield relatively poor. I have a feeling we'll dominate this one and get the three points but it's going to take at least two goals to do so.

14. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You could be describing us, too, there. The key is to take our chances when they come.

15. lotsogolazo

lotsogolazo Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I think we'll see more of the ball. Results show that doesn't mean we'll win, but I have a feeling we'll put in a full performance complete with chances converted and a heroic showing by the defenders.

16. never walk alone TPK

Sep 27, 2004
    nairobi, kenya
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kenya
    Actually,for the very reason I rather he play.He will have to show maturity at some stage in his career show some mental strength why not against united? If he is as good as we all think he is Jonjo should use all the hate and spite for motivation and play for LFC and have a Level head cause that will what will make him a better player for the coming future.

17. dutchbrowncoat

Sep 11, 2006
    and i think that they will be glad to let us have more of it, at least for the first half.

18. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @SkySportsNews: Liverpool team v Man Utd: Reina, Wisdom, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Lucas, Gerrard, Allen, Downing, Sterling, Suarez #SSN

19. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @empireofthekop: Subs : Jones, Carragher, Henderson, Sturridge, Borini, Shelvey, Robinson.

20. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I guess we see Allen preferred to Henderson which I question. I assume Sturridge will be available to chase a result. Good to see Borini is back.

never walk alone TPK repped this.
  21. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think for the first time this season, the attaching options off the bench look good. But I think Allen for Henderson is a much pretty much a toss up.

What we must do is make sure that Suarez is not isolated up front.

22. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Our midfield is non-existent. They walk through us and score, Evra with tons of time and a pass through the middle, RvP one touch finish. They're in a deserved lead.

23. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Allen with his 5th wayward pass in the final third in the first 27 minutes. Remind me why he is playing ahead of Henderson?

24. aw072760

aw072760 Member

Sep 6, 2011
    Dallas, Tx
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Get Allen off the fuking field

25. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Allen plays in Wellbeck, Agger with an amazing block to save it.
    He really is poor.