Mano Menezes worst than Lazaroni

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Colorado_GAUCHO, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Awful, awful, awful.

Renato Augusto, Ralph? Andre Santos?

This team is by far one of the worst NT's ever. Worst than 1990. Brasil pays, and deserves it. Germany was out of the WC and kept the coach, the base etc. So did Uruguay. Brasil lost, the coach has to die.

Dunga was 1000000000000000 better than Mano.

Now they will talk about time and this and that. Mano, just quit already.

2. arun10

arun10 Member

May 31, 2005
    1990 team never got outplayed like this..Even when they lost to Argentina they had almost 70% possession.And that team was physicaly and technicaly superior than this one.

3. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Dunga against big teams:

Brasil 3 X 0 Argentina
    Brasil 2 X 2 Uruguai
    Brasil 3 X 0 Argentina
    Brasil 2 X 1 Uruguai
    Brasil 0 X 0 Argentina
    Brasil 6 X 2 Portugal
    Brasil 2 X 0 Itália
    Brasil 4 X 0 Uruguai
    Brasil 3 X 0 Itália
    Brasil 3 X 1 Argentina
    Brasil 1 X 0 Inglaterra
    Brasil 0 X 0 Potugal
    Brasil 1 X 2 Holanda

95% and winning without worries. Won Copa America, Confederations Cup and qualified early without trouble. This Mano team is pure shit. A joke at Copa America, they are lucky they don't have to play qualifiers. Brasil won't win in 2014.

4. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Dunga is shit. Nobody gives a ******** about friendlies and various Confeds. Mano is building a team for the future. When the players will mature, they will win the World Cup 2014.

5. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ai tu acordou e descobriu que estava todo mijado! AHAHAHAHA Mano pior que Lazaroni, terceira opcao da CBF e tecnico de segunda divisao. Queriam o que?

6. arun10

arun10 Member

May 31, 2005
    With these kind of selection and tactics another QF exit is what's on the cards.

7. elperucho

elperucho Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    OP you also mean this Brazil is worse than 2000-2001 Brazil?

8. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Mano is a great coach, he's always been serious and detailed about his work. Doesn't matter which choice he has been, he has a vision and a project and he should be allowed to stick with it. Friendlies and international mickey mouse cups don't matter, this is a period for building cohesion and chemistry in the squad.

And his selection is the best there currently is, there are no big glaring mistakes, sure you could call Hernanes instead of Ralf for example, but the core is there. Only Marcelo is missing due to objective reasons. The tactics are also fine, what can you do when experienced worldclass players make amateur mistakes? This doesnt depend on tactics.

9. brasil_forever

Jun 8, 2006
    when they keep making mistakes games after games you needto drop them. how many times pato has to ******** up? what about ganso. and why did he drop jadson. what about douglas costa, hulk y not giving them a chance. what did he change from the copa when it was obvious it is not working. enough is enough

10. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I don't recall ever seeing a possession statistic like the one we saw today in the first half in which Brazil didn't see the color of the ball. 72-28? What a joke.

11. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Because you have to look at the big picture. Mano is thinking long term, there are no better players than the current ones and releasing them for a period of dip in form is ridiculous. Ganso is better than Douglas Costa. Pato is better than Hulk. These are the right choices, the current glitches will be ironed out, there is plenty of time until the 2014.

12. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Pato is not in form, but potentially what we will need in 2014. Personally, I don't want Hulk for Pato, but I wouldn't mind seeing him selected over Renato Augusto. What strikers are better at the moment than Nilmar for us? He doesn't have a future in 2014? Douglas Costa would be a better choice than either Jadson or Fernandinho. The list goes on..

13. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    IMO, Nilmar and a fit Fabiano is better than Pato. Hernanes is better option than Ganso at this point as well.

14. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    nilmar had that injury last year and that slowed him down. he's also not quite in form. we'll see i guess when the spanish season begins.

15. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    All of that is debatable. There is not some huge difference in quality that will make a huge turnaroud. Its a process of maturing, which will reap rewards in 2014, not earlier.

btw Nilmar is not a #9.

16. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    How long do to guys think Mano will last? At the current rate, I say it not long before he gets the ax. It only a matter of time till the press turn on him if they have not already.

17. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Like in the other topic, you don't know there isn't a huge difference in quality. Nilmar has shown he is a quality player for us, yet Mano chooses players who aren't and have no potential.

Nilmar can easily play the 9. He has at Internacional and Corinthians. Are you telling me Rossi plays the 9 at Villarreal?

Nilmar has the ability to get the ball outside of the box, work on the flanks, and conclude with good accuracy inside the area -- which is vital for a 9. He has a good enough presence inside the area.

Look at Germany's transition away from the likes of Ballack, Klose, Lehmann, Kahn, etc. They were able to sustain success while "rebuilding." It's unacceptable for a team like Brasil to subject itself to mediocrity because we are rebuilding 2014. Winning and rebuilding can be done.

18. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Any way we can convince Ronaldo to come back from retirement? :eek:

But seriously, I agree Dunga was horrible but atleast he got results, Mano is horrible and doesnt get results.

Today's game was pure "jogo vomito" and I never wanna see Andre Santos again but unfortunately we probably will.

19. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nilmar would ideally play in Neymar's place, which is impossible because the team is essentially built around Neymar for the future. And if he replaces Pato (who is still better than him), you have three complete lightweights leading the attack. Again, not recommendable.

I think people are overreacting and its still way too early to push the red button. But most of all its annoying that people are discrediting an excellent coach in Mano Menezes. I mean look at the Copa America, the team kept improving from one game to another. The progress was obvious to see, and people still say he has no clue what hes doing.

20. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Mano is a shit coach never won shit with Gremio, with CUrintians won the 2nd league and COpa do Brasil. Both Mickey Mouse stuff. Never won anytihng big or international cups. Jesus, Mano was Caxias and 15 de Novembro coach less than 5 years ago. Both COMPLETE SHIT sides. His attitude got him his spot. He's a asskisser. A pelego for Rede Globo and managers.

21. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Will loose to Argentina, Mexico, Spain etc and he'll be gone.

22. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    On the other hand, it is pretty unacceptable that we have had few good games under the Mano era. To be honest, I really only count one game, and that was the first game against the US. You could probably also say the Ecuador match was good as well. But that's it. Pretty crap if you ask me. We managed to look very mediocre against mediocre teams, like Romania, etc.

23. cashflow

cashflow Member

May 31, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    LOL.....Pato better than Hulk?....please.

Ganso better than D.Costa.....please...be serious. Ganso is hugely over-rated. Pato is talented but has huge amounts to improve on.

Sometimes Pato gets beat up by CB, you are the CF you have to earn your right to be effective and his finishing is.......

Ganso is wayyyyyy tooo slow, i know 40 year olds quicker than him. Yes he has excellent technical ability but it will take him a long time in this day & age to be effective without no pace in an attacking midfield position.

24. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    In the press conference at least Mano made a clear reference to Pato and Andre Santos. He said some of the same mistakes are being made up front and on defense. And if it becomes the norm (which it is), things will need to change. IMO it's clear he is talking about the 2. I expect to see changes in the next call-up that includes players playing abroad.

25. Lockeroom

Lockeroom Member

Apr 11, 2008
    Lazaroni won Copa America. The 1990 WC team wasn´t good, but was better than Argentina and maybe Germany. It was maybe the best bad team on the worst World Cup ever ......