Alert: Manchester United v Liverpool January 13, 2013

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Father Ted, Jan 11, 2013.

1. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It comes with a lifetime supply of 'is that siren real or is it just the stereo?' And we will throw in free of charge the 'do I need an alibi? Which white person can verify my whereabouts?'

Futbol_Head and sdotsom repped this.
  2. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Please.

I did my time after 9/11, going to school with an ROTC program.

:)

johno repped this.
  3. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    I wish I could talk like my skinny Jeans have ruptured my nutsack, as well but we learn to love who we are....

;)

4. Bronaldo

Bronaldo Red Card

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada
    I have to remind myself to not join in on any racially sensitive discussions.

5. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Skinny jeans scare the hell out of me.

Wrangler 20 dollar jeans at Target do the trick for me.

LGRod, LA. MAN UNITED and johno repped this.
  6. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Sdot I swear I was gonna stick a bomb reference in there but changed my mind at the last minute.

7. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If I may be allowed to quote the incomparable philosopher Professor Capleton

"We ah all one blud, mek wi gwaan 'ear it"

8. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm a pasty British guy. Everyone assumes I drink tea, love footy and watch TV programs like Top Gear and Monty Python.

I would be more offended, if all of the above didn't happen to be true.

Also, the only time I've felt anything even very vaguely hinting at real prejudice was when I first moved to the US. I was interviewed for a job at a small firm and the guy told me with a straight face that his Mom was from Belfast, so he doesn't care for the English.

I calmly informed him that my own mother was an Irish Catholic, born and raised in that very city. People just hear an accent and instantly assume you're down with Henry VIII. Douchebag.

9. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    To gear is one of my favorite things on the planet.

10. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    never heard of " to gear" :D

11. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Im not a goalkeeper [not at the highest level, like Johno at least]

But I do not understand how a goalkeeper is supposed to redirect a shot/parry a shot in the desired direction when:

1. He's already stretching to get to a well struck shot
    2. He's just changed direction, it looks like he was moving his feet to gof or the save on his left, but Gerrard went to the opposite post.
    3. The ground is clearly muddy, not great traction.

I really dont get how a goalkeeper is supposed to save that shot, and then parry it around the post, or in another direction where there are not Liverpool players?

or was DDG supposed to catch that shot?

JC7rox repped this.
  12. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    After seeing the replays. I put no blame on DDG. It was low, and the main thing was to use his reflexes to keep it from going in. I do however think he was partly to blame when he did a similar thing a few weeks ago, when it wasn't as difficult to direct it away from the danger zone..

13. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Yeah, that goal was a little bit careless. Cant remember the opponent, but it seemed like a lazy play.

14. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    i know nothing about goalkeeping but i've been told once that a golden rule is that you should be able to redirect a ball if it hits your palm (as opposed to just your fingertips). no idea how realistic that is.

i wouldn't blame de gea though, we had no one near sturridge on the rebound. that's a lot worse.

15. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Very harsh to place blame on ddg for the goal because he was unsighted and it was a reflex save. However if you can get to the ball, you can determine where it goes, it is a matter of timing. The exception to that is desperation.

16. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Very harsh to place blame on ddg for the goal because he was unsighted and it was a reflex save. However if you can get to the ball, you can determine where it goes, it is a matter of timing. The exception to that is desperation.

17. Stud83

Stud83 Member+

Jun 1, 2005
    Cleverley, Carrick, Evra and Rafael are all more responsible for the goal than De Gea.

johno repped this.
  18. googoo

googoo Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It was Newcastle. And that was indeed poor. That was an incredibly weak shot which he should've dealt with comfortably.

With this one, however, he couldn't have done much more. It was actually a good shot and he did well to get to it.

Futbol_Head repped this.
  19. JC7rox

JC7rox Member+

Manchester United FC, LAFC
    Jun 11, 2004
    West Coast, Cali!
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The game announcers kept ripping DeGea, when they should have been ripping the lax play out of the back.

20. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

21. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I wonder what you guys think of the goal we gave up. maybe someone like johno has an opinion since he played as a gk at the highest level.....

hey johno, is it harsh to place the blame on ddg for that goal? also, if you get to the ball can you determine where it goes? maybe it is a matter of timing or perhaps desperation??? what do you think??

22. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City

:thumbsdown:

23. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    Get to ********.

24. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    johno somehow posted the same thing 3 times so i was attempting to make fun.

wait, the the johno triple post happen only on my PC? you all saw that he posted the same thing 3 times right?

right??

25. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]

Why is Skrtel in the wall? and Gerrard? Eve if Evra heads back to the front Carrick and Welbeck too positions in front of their markers, shit defending.