Manchester United Credit Card

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by ehtorg, Nov 25, 2003.

1. ehtorg

ehtorg New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    CT, USA
    I signed up for the Manchester United Credit Card off of the manutd.com website (shows up on the inital splash page) and I got it a few days ago. I have to admit, it looks really good in my wallet.

I'm not saying go out and ruin your credit on it but it's kind of a cool thing to have. Something different for the cashiers to look at and it shows everyone who we all support.

I think this is the first time they have offered it in the U.S. (serviced through MBNA). No annual fee... and no, I don't work for MBNA... just wanted to get the word out.

2. ManUtd R16

ManUtd R16 New Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Berkeley, CA
    I signed up the first day I saw the promotion and I'm waiting for the card from the mail!

Those people who don't live in the states, do you guys get the same credit card promotion splash screen when you log onto manutd.com? I think this particular card offer is only for the U.S. and I'm wondering if they have a way to detect which region you're from and display the appropriate splash screens.

3. Wolves_67

Wolves_67 Member

Oct 27, 2002
    Pasadena, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They can tell where you are from (at least the server).. They even do it here on Big Soccer. I get ads sometimes here for regionally specific things that say Los Angeles on them.

4. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would get the card, but I already get 1-2% back with my current card... wonder if MBNA bank has a similar type of rewards card. Then again, I've received so many telemarketing calls from those bastards (MBNA) in the past, it makes me think twice about giving them my business.

5. SharkV

SharkV New Member

Jan 15, 2003
    Baltimore
    I'll have to take your word for how good it looks in your wallet! I signed up for this card when it was being offered (thru MBNA) during United's summer tour. When the card arrived (6 weeks later), I couldn't wait to show it off to all my friends. You can imagine my utter disappointment when, upon opening, I discovered a plain silver card!!! No Man U logo, just MBNA. When I called MBNA and asked how I could get a card with the logo, I was told that I couldn't.

While my card has no logo, my billing statements read "Manchester United Credit Card" across the top. So, I got that going for me, which is nice...NOT!

6. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Manchester United Credit Card

Report your card as lost/stolen and for them to send another. Maybe the new one will have the logo. :D

johno repped this.
  7. giggs88

giggs88 Member

May 11, 2003
    Virginia
    Re: Re: Re: Manchester United Credit Card

how do you do it? ;)

8. penquinref

penquinref New Member

Jan 21, 2002
    new jersey
    Looking Good!!

Yea just got mine yesterday, and it does look good. But it is burning a hole in my wallet,(mmm, away black jersey????)

9. airtalent7

airtalent7 New Member

Apr 9, 2003
    Boston
    Got mine too....I feel the pull of KITBAGs champions league shop.....love the new training top.....emmmm
    CHAMPIONS league training top...in his best HOMER simpson voice...)

10. Fatsnbul

Fatsnbul Member

Oct 21, 2003
    Prospect, Kentucky

When I go to the main page, my United card pop up is in pounds. When I go to the sign up page it says you must be a UK resident. Is this the form that everyone signed up on or is there a special U.S. form to fill out?

11. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. Fatsnbul

Fatsnbul Member

Oct 21, 2003
    Prospect, Kentucky

Thanks so much.

13. giannimz

giannimz New Member

Feb 28, 2013
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi, it seems that this card is only available in the UK and not US anymore????

14. Bronaldo

Bronaldo Red Card

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada
    oh my goodness

johno, sdotsom and Amdrag repped this.
  15. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC