Malaga vs. Real Madrid [La Liga Day 17: 12/22/12 14:00 ET] - [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Zidane05, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Knight of Malta

Nov 22, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    So who is at fault for the dressing room chaos? And here I though Lass was the only cancer in the lockers.

2. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    4-3-3 and play youngsters nothing to lose anymore

Arbeloa and Xabi Alonso really need to be benched ffs....

3. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't forget the comments along the lines of each is his own man. He's trying to break the picket line.

4. Ozilll

Ozilll Member

Mar 12, 2011
    Mou was always a bit despot.. but winning the trophies he did with Inter and adding another CL title changed him for the worst..he become more despot.. it's obvious thes eplayers wont win the CL for him it's time to move on for him and for us as well

5. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  6. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Hasn't been the case with every manager. We've had players go toe to toe with Uncle Flo over coaches. Oh well. You reap what you sow I guess.

7. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Head is in bits. I think we have tried pretty much everything we can to try and get the results back on track but nothing is giving.

What next?

8. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    You can't do that. You have to regularly play the side you are going to go with to attempt something in the CL and the CdR. You also have to make sure you finish in a CL spot.

9. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So hey, anything exciting happen today?

AriGold and Minduchio repped this.
  10. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    I think it should be evident we need a tweak (important, but not full restructuring), and probably a change in command (issue with having Galacticos is the egos around --can probably stand Gral. Mourinho for a couple of years, but no longer).

Otherwise, La Liga is lost, CdR is possible, Champs is a tough climb. Yet... could be worse. My nose could be gushing blood.

[​IMG]

11. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is the reason. I'm sure Mou was very content to come into a situation where he was damn near gauranteed to win a 3rd CL with a 3rd club and trully be 'The Only' one and then quickly move on to a Man City or PSG where he would cement his place as the GOAT of managers, except his tactics are still SOS and he doesn't belong anywhere near an all time great managers list. As it is people try to give him credit for Chelsea's winning it last year and if Madrid go on to win it this year he will get a lion's share of the credit even if he is no longer the coach. And players who have played under Ferguson, Ancelloti, and Del Bosque probably don't think he deserves the honor.
    He has in large part put this team together so he does deserve some credit and that why firing him over the summer was impossible, but now it is not. Now he would be the guy who almost f*cked it all up and if they go on to win without him the players get all the plaudits. I'm dissapointed actually because there are some huge risks involved and there remains very good odds that a team other than Madrid wins the CL and this team is broken apart and reconstructed. I don't see how Florentino could win re-election against a puppet if this goes belly up, hence massive turnover.

MISH and Minduchio repped this.
  12. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well the team is sabotaging the coach. The coach is trying to sabotage the club. And the President still denies anything is wrong.

13. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Dropping Casillas: "It was a technical decision taken by the coach. I analysed the situation and chose the team. You can invent what you want, but the decision was purely technical. Adán is playing better than Casillas at the moment. That's my opinion and I'm the one that makes the decisions after listening to my assistants. The way the game turned out, the goalkeeper had no influence on the result."

Problems in defence: "We had problems everywhere, in many areas, one of which was the defence."

Málaga: "I would never coach them, like many other clubs. I'm free to decide where I want to work. I have nothing against Málaga or the city, but these are my life choices. We were defending too deep for each of their goals. I'm hurt more when my team loses and could have given more, but today my players gave everything. I've told them not to worry, that they did as well as they could."

Gap between Madrid and Barcelona: "Last year we won the league and finished nine points clear of second place. This season we are too far behind, but we have to take responsibility for why we are not doing a good job. Also, things have been happening from game to game that I'd rather not talking about (a reference to two penalties Madrid were denied)."

The possibility of resigning: "I have not contemplated it. I'm not worried about my position, this is football. I'm not a child, nor have I been here for just two days. We know that in football people have short memories, that what you did yesterday does not matter, only what has happened today, and not the trophies you have won.

"I would be fighting a losing battle if the players didn't want to win but they did want to win. They gave everything against Espanyol and today, but we ran out of luck. And then there were two (refereeing) decisions.

"This break could not come at a more ideal time. The players are sad and feeling empty. They have given everything but got nothing in return. We are not worried about how many points they are ahead of us, we are worried about our personal pride and what Real Madrid stands for."

14. realM11

realM11 Member

Jan 16, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Curse of the supa copa it has happend in 2003-04,2008-09 and now it is happening in the 2012-13 season.

15. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It was an open match at least.. Compared to the Barca game, it was all one direction pretty much the whole game..

As much of a villain pepe can be outside of Madrid. I actually think the yellow he got was unjustified, it was clear he was hacked in the first place..

If anything both should've been yellowed.,

Madrid dominated the 1st half but they seemed to lose the plot come 2nd. Not sure what to make of it..
    I did notice the middle emptied a good portion of the time.. Lack of numbers there, Malaga were able to counter very effectively several times..

I am not sure why the hate for the back up keeper.. There's only so much he can do, plus he did do a full stop 1v1 blast to keep Madrid in the game,..

Anyways, there is still a 2nd half of the season to play..

16. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Maybe you're not sure of the "hate" for the backup keeper because there isn't any? Just a thought...

17. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And you're still yappin'. Same ol' same ol'.

18. Álvaro Morata

Nov 28, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Why are everybody talking about internal problems ... in the last two seasons after Mourinho came we had one of the best internal groups and relations, everybody were happy, there was true spirit, we were a team. For that time we never made big or many new transfers, so the group and the core of the team is basically the same.
    2012 we break record after record, win La Liga after amazing season, then in the summer of 2012 our players make exellent Euro 2012, showing class and great performance, in August we beat Barcelona again and we win Super Copa aswell!
    After all those things ... from September till now suddenly the group is not ok, there are internal problems, strange dessicions and useless media void ... WTF !? How the **** that happend !???

19. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Maybe it's just one poster.., but after sifting through this thread there is at least one poster continuously throwing stones at Adan..

But touché, not everyone is.

20. white_raid

white_raid Member+

Oct 17, 2006
    I agree. Malaga has a coach we've discarded, and the players that did most of the damage, Joaquin, Santa Cruz, and even Saviola, they were all fringe players in the big teams.

21. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pure speculation on my part. But if I am right then I was right all along and if I am wrong I will still be happy. Win, win. I

22. Ozilll

Ozilll Member

Mar 12, 2011
    Well he lost it half way through the second... but back then youw ere saying it was all horse shit from media... this thing didin't build up in 3 months you know

23. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think anyone blames Adan for what is going on with the team and we all accept that he's not supposed to do anything more than preseason and CdR.

24. Ozilll

Ozilll Member

Mar 12, 2011
    thx .. sometimes i mix with my french

Chinky24 repped this.
  25. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team: