Magpies v Spurs

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by TerminusFooty, Feb 12, 2014.

1. TerminusFooty

TerminusFooty Member+

Feb 4, 2012
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since NBC Sports Live Extra app is a piece of sh*t and doesn't have the full event replay, I had to Google the score. 4-0 Spurs. Better off missing the game I guess...

2. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    Why can't someone who enjoys football but this team?

The absolute indifference FatAshley has to winning is a punch in the gut every time.

3. tigerdave

tigerdave Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Buhl, Idaho
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On each of the first two goals, Krul parried the ball right into the path of the guy who scored.

Fourth goal was class. Missed the third.

Oh, yeah, and we were crap.

4. TerminusFooty

TerminusFooty Member+

Feb 4, 2012
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am consoling myself by watching us lose the 1974 FA Cup final v Liverpool on YouTube. They got the full game on there. Hey, at least we made the final...

5. tigerdave

tigerdave Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Buhl, Idaho
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In our last eight league games, we've scored three goals. They were all in the same game, and two of them were from the guy who's not here anymore.

Pardew's tactics rely too much on individual brilliance, and he went to change it to hoofball today. That didn't work and we went down 2-0 because Krul isn't as good as we've made him out to be and our defense blows. Then he sends Hatem on to save it with individual brilliance. I swear I could manage this team with those tactics for half whatever Pardew's getting.

6. TerminusFooty

TerminusFooty Member+

Feb 4, 2012
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pardew has tactics?

(Liverpool up 1-0 in '74 FA Cup final in 2nd half. Damn...)

7. tigerdave

tigerdave Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Buhl, Idaho
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    A. Fucking. Shambles.

Thx,

Jay!

Sport Billy, tigerdave and TerminusFooty repped this.
  9. tigerdave

tigerdave Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Buhl, Idaho
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly trying to figure out where we get points from in the final 12 games.

10. TerminusFooty

TerminusFooty Member+

Feb 4, 2012
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Points? Who don't need no stinking points. We're free of the relegation zone. We made some slush fund, coke and hooker money for Ashley off the Cabaye sale. We're golden.

11. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Haven't come back from a halftime deficit for a win in over 7 years.

#NUFC

Thx,

Jay!

12. tigerdave

tigerdave Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Buhl, Idaho
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The last time it happened:

NUFCBayern and JayRockers! repped this.
  13. mplsTOON

mplsTOON Member

Apr 25, 2006
    @ St James Park
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    As long as we finish above Man U...which is looking pretty slim at the moment.

When is the tipping point or event horizon for Pardew? At what point does it become impossible for him to explain things away?

That is a serious question BTW...

14. tigerdave

tigerdave Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Buhl, Idaho
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All depends on Ashley, who clearly doesn't give a crap what anyone else thinks. I think if we flirt with relegation again he's gone. Short of that I don't think there's anything he can do to get half sacked.

TerminusFooty repped this.
  15. tigerdave

tigerdave Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Buhl, Idaho
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As if getting beat 0-4 wasn't embarrassment enough...

16. MagpieFan

MagpieFan Member+

Apr 25, 2004
    Back in DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BANG! A shot from the stands.

17. TerminusFooty

TerminusFooty Member+

Feb 4, 2012
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doh! Night in the ruts!

18. fatfan-labamba

Dec 14, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I don't think Newcastle will relegate, Newcastle still have 9 pts buffer on 10th place Swansea. You guyz just need to get a few results against the weaker teams which i'm sure newcastle are capable of. Relegation this season is unlikely for newcastle IMO and I think Pardew also thinks so. And because Newcastle have nothing else to play for I'm sure Pardew is thinking now already about next season and those he has in mind for purchasing in the summer to make up for the loss of cabaye and become a solid mid table outfit when it begins again. Firing him will just disrupt everything and the club will have to go through another whole transition under a new manager. Your fixtures don’t look to bad- villa (h) – hull (a) – everton (h) – fulham (a) – crystal palace (h) – Southampton (a) – us (man u) (h) – stoke (a) – Swansea (h) – arsenal (a) – Cardiff (h) – liverpool (a). Newcastle can pick up at least 6- 8 pts /36 and be safe.

I'm curious to know if this guy (ashley) can be bought out and perhaps some man city scale tycoon can take over the club? Or is there some clause or rule preventing it? Because i'm sure some really rich guy would of wanted to buy newcastle by now, they a really famous club. He/She should just be an owner who is considerate to the fans and the identity and traditions of the club and newcastle will be competing again. Which im sure most people would like to see.