Luis Enrique - Coaching Thread

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Jun 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i wouldnt say that whats going to stop the team from doing what they did to Raneri what is your owner going to fire the whole lot of them? Totti can take control of this team very easily if he wanted to and who would dare challenge him people treat him like he is the king of Rome...

2. bingos

bingos Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Totti and Borriello? Actually they are two players working hard, and professionals. They cannot be perhaps quicker then they are objectively, but Borriello is a hard worker, including training, and put up his body for the team. The same goes for Totti, who also changed his diet, lost a couple of kilos, and did extra working out to get back in shape at 34, and run more during the games then most of the others. And was there up alone to pressing.

Those two are do have work ethic, contrary to others, like Menez and Vucinic who are rather lazy, and De Rossi has also a couple of plus kilogramms, though hopefully the ear-operation will improve his general condition.

This year no one was really in shape thanks to the "preparation" of Ranieri.

3. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
  4. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
  5. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Welcome to Rome Luis...get us CL!!!!

6. Rellum

Rellum Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Brisbane
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Luis's thought bubble for any of those shots, "Seriously!"

7. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    its apppears as if they took pictures off of a computer screen or did screen shots off the computer thats all bad

8. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    The new mister at Trigoria

[​IMG]

9. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    Barca 433
    ----------

Barca A 433 is not a tradtional 433 where there are 2 pure wingers supporting 1 forward.

Villa and Pedro are not true wingers and play as wide to inside forwards who
    are always trying to get into good shooting positions.

The 3 forwards (Wingless system) works for Barca because all forwards press and defend w/o ball.

So if Luis uses the Barca system @ Roma, then Forward + Totti + Fwd/ or Winger could play as long the 2/3 front players defend and press.

10. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    It's really not much different from Spalletti's system. Especially for Vucinic, the problem is he's told the trainers at Montenegro that he would like to play as a seconda punta and not have to sacrifice himself defensively.

11. Romanista89

Romanista89 Member+

Jun 8, 2010
    Glasgow, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If Vucinic wants to play for any kind of top team he has to sacrifice some his game for the defensive side. The only scenario I can envisage in which Mirko won't have to do any back-tracking is if we play some kind of broken formation where all of our back four never move out of position and we have two players shielding them constantly.

Hopefully we get a quality left-back. Riise is decent going forward at times but he too often goes forward but lingers in and around the less dangerous half of the opponent's half. This season, he rarely overlapped Mirko completely and forced the man that was marking Vucinic to make a decision whether to go with Riise or Mirko, creating space for one of them no matter which he decides. The only time I can recall Riise doing that this season is Vucinic's goal in our match away to Lecce. Most of the time he was too far back to be a real danger. Someone like Balzaretti would offer Mirko more offensively as he does do that more consistently than Riise.

12. AlCapone

AlCapone Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    It's official. A two-year contract with the following gross wages: 2,9m (2011/12) and 3,1m (2012/13).
    asroma.it

13. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    ^ Seems a little much for a guy who's never coached in A....but, we'll see what he can do.

14. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Luis Enrique arrives this afternoon :)

15. Guarda-Redes

Guarda-Redes Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Clubs start there pre-seasons at such varying times!!!

I'm excited, I hope with the new ownership comes more media exposure, namely more photographs of the team training, more press releases...drown me in a sea of Roman propaganda.

16. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    hahahhh:p

17. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Press conf will be Thursday.

18. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Some declarations from Luis Enrique to Roma Channel:

"Francesco Totti? He's unique, I had the opportunity to know him today as a person. I like being able to count on players of the caliber of Totti, De Rossi, and Perrotta. They are examples for everyone."

"Do I like Vucinic? Yeah I like Vucinic. I like strong players and Vucinic is one of those."

"It's fundamental to transmit personality and a desire to play an offensive football. I want people to see from the beginning that we will play to win. It's fundamental that this desire is constant. The only thing I will never chance is the will to go into the pitch looking to win, regardless if we play at home or away. That is my project."

19. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Perfect comments.

20. Romanista89

Romanista89 Member+

Jun 8, 2010
    Glasgow, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I love that bit. The desire to win.

21. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Luis Enrique is planning on pointing on Cicinho. He's bringing him to press season and is hoping to recover him.

** heart skips a beat **

22. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I do hope he understands that you need DEFENCE as well. I don't mind giving Cici a chance to regain his spot...think some healthy competition with Casse will be good for the team.

23. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    I say we should play to score more goals than the other team. Screw the defense. :D

24. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Cicinho didn't even play in Spain or in Brazil when we sent him home. I really don't understand why they want to give him a shot. Maybe it's just to save face, since they can't sell him and can give him an exit bonus like Doni.

25. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    ^ Maybe Luis just wants to solidify some positions with 'depth'. He probably wants to have Roma owned players at his disposal for the short term...then dismiss the access baggage. The press conf...both DiB and Luis asked for patience...which i completely understand. We had a bad season last year and i think we should expect a similar one this year. (Which i hope isn't the case) I'm willing to see the new Roma come next season.