(LRC) All-Anti-Rev Team?

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by SirFozzie, Jan 3, 2006.

1. SirFozzie

SirFozzie Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 17, 2001
    Franklin, MA
    Ok.. I am going slowly crazy (ok, nevermind, I was there a long long time ago) with the off season (and we're only six weeks in! :( :().. so I decided to get some talk that doesn't involve PBR or the draft going by polling the more long term members of the forum on the following question.

If you had to choose a all-time-team you wanted to see the Revs beat more then anything in the world.. who would be on it? My list is all current players, because that's what I know.

Here's some of my choices, but be forewarned, without a weekly game for the Revs to distract me, there's been a lot of bile and venom stored up ;) Playing a 3-4-3, it's.. The ANTI-REVS!

GK: Jon Busch I know that not everyone saw it, or thinks the same way I do, but in 04, I swear he flipped off the Fort after that PK save, and he's on my everlasting ******** list because of it. (Dishonorable Mention: Zach Thornton.. although he's more fun to taunt then hatred plus it's fun to watch him rage like Rafael Palmeiro after a shot of "B12".. Honorable Mention: Tony Meola.. he's fun to taunt, and he takes it well)

DF: CJ Brown.. pure ******** stirrer. See what happened versus DC in the 1st round last year.

DF: Jeff Agoos Despite his retirement at the end of 05, he gets on this list because I cannot remember a player who was beaten more, then was so incredulous that the referee would have the huevos to call him on his fouls the rare times it was called.

DF: Frankie Hedjuk Just an instinctive dislike. One of the folks who gets praised for skills that just drive me BONKERS, cuz I don't see it.

MF: Freddy Adu Mostly because if I left him out of the starting 11 he'd whine and complain and just drive me bonkers. If he came from Texas, they'd say even at this young age, Freddy's "All hat and no cattle"

MF: Dema Kovalenko Yeah.. one of the biggest thugs in MLS history. If they ever make MLS Blitz: The League, he's gonna be on the cover. Doesn't get what he deserves more often.

MF: Guillermo Gonzalez My best thoughts on him even now involve sharp, pointy items being forcibly inserted into places on the guy where sunlight would not normally show, after all this is the S.O.B. that scored the goal that lost us MLS Cup.. on a wonderful kick.. if he was more like one of the other Galaxy players (both Current and ex) on the list, it would be a bit better, but the fact that he was the league's most INaccurate shooter.. GRRRRR..

MF: Youri Djorkaeff: God.. just his name gives me hives for some reason (and not for his nationality). Close the top of the league in WPM (Whines Per Minute), a skill which he hones in his days off by whining how the refs/players/league/America Treates him unfairly and how we don't all appppreeeciate a player of such special talents as him.

FW: Andy Herron: more of a one hit wonder, but his performance with the refs after they disallowed the late chicago goal in the conference final will make beating them again next year oh so sweet..

FW: Landon Donovan Tries to be the league's teen idol, when he's really the league's next spokesman for the Hair Club for Men.. "He's not only the face of MLS, he's also a client". Complains when he doesn't get treated like a superstar by the referees, and in some cases, has avoided a yellow or even a red (His challenge on Dempsey last year early in the year?) on name alone.

FW: Carlos Ruiz.. My first year when I stood in the Fort, I came in to claim a front row seat, and the Carlos Ruiz fan club was sitting in the front row (in their defense, they didn't know that the Fort was Revs turf only).. and even I, a pure newbie in the ways of Revs supporters club history.. knew there was going to be trouble if they stayed. Is the other LA player to stick a dagger to us in MLS Cup. A true whiny bastard on the pitch, hopefully he gets locked in some Guatemalan Hooters meat freezer and it takes him most of a year to defrost.

Subs bench: Zach Thornton, Clint Mathis, Kyle Martino, Ante Razov, Amado Guevara

2. mrt/MLS

mrt/MLS Member

Oct 11, 2003
    CT
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ruiz- yes him...

Zack Thornton- yes we share the same last name, but after the ********** you pulled at the end of this season, we got beef.

Pando- bastard.

:mad:

3. Jayfil

Jayfil Member

Feb 24, 2000
    South Burlington, Vermont
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ante Razov has to be at the top of this list after the Mauricio Wright hair-pulling incident...

4. Sean Donahue

Sean Donahue Member

Aug 31, 2001
    Massachusetts
    I thought it would be for the stomping on Jay Heaps incident?

5. Ultra Peanut

Ultra Peanut New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Achewood
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Coach: Steve Sampson, hands down. Between this season's antics and ensuring the US didn't get a seed for 2006, his next visit to Gillette should be met with an old fashioned necktie party.

6. Jayfil

Jayfil Member

Feb 24, 2000
    South Burlington, Vermont
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right, I forgot about that! Right in the chest, right? That was a particularly nasty incident.

What other sorts of ignominious acts have been perpetrated against the Revs? I remember Carlos Llamosa doing something particularly unsporting (although not dangerous or anything) when he was with Miami, but since he ultimately became a good Rev I won't relate it here.

7. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, here is my list....

Goal - It's gotta be Tony Meola, hands down. Remember, kids, you can't spell "Meola" without M-E-A-L.
    Sub: Zach "Get in mi belly...NOOOOOOOW!" Thornton.

Defenders - Jeff Agoos is high on the list--the guy had the audacity to call Dempsey a diver when he clearly got away with murder, plus he whines a lot.
    Jim Curtin is not only a sneaky bastard, but he looks like Little Orphan Annie. Plus, I hear he smells.
    Chris "Don't Call Me 'Robin'" Leach of the Mutts is probably the most appropriately named player in the league. Too bad he'll never be living in the lap of lug-jury in the Italian Riviera's swankest resort spa, surrounded by five-star chef-prepared delicacies, all for only four thousand dollars a day.
    Sub: I don't know if Chris Not-so-Bright of the Galaxy counts as a defender, but he's played enough there to come off the bench.

Midfielders - Who but Dema Kovalenko? The broken laigs should be enough, but challenging fans to fights and cheap-shotting his club teammate in a freakin All-Star Game get him a charter membership to the Hall of Shame.
    Landy Candy may be a decent player--I'll give him that, but that's all the more reason to hate the SOB because he's a sniveling little rat-faced maggot who couldn't hack it in Germany.
    Can you possibly think of a more whiny player than DC's Ben Olsen? Even his own coach, the ever-so-eloquent Geordie Ray Hudson told him to "Shooot th' fooook uuuup an pley th' foooook'n game, like."
    I've never seen a player lose an eye by getting snapped in the butt by a towel, but that's what happened to Amando Guevera. The guy is even a punk by Metro standards, which really says a lot.
    Sub: Dallas' Simo Valakari, the mighty Finn is a first-rate cheap-shot artist, even though he doesn't get nearly the publicity of Dema. Must be the unassuming nature of the Finnish character.

Strikers - Jovan Kivroski deserves to be on this list because he is a selfish prick and a no-talent hack.
    Not only is Ante Razov a known leather-bar hanger-outer, he also pulls hair when he doesn't get his way, stomps on opponents and is the alleged ringleader of Al Qada. Plus he's a Metro. Need I go on?
    Carlos Ruiz is the Gold Standard of divers. The little fish's act is beginning to stink like 3-day-old mackerel, rotting in the sun.
    Sub: Clint Mathis sounds like Michael Jackson when he speaks, but he's fast become a player so irrelevant that you have trouble hating.

Coach - Steve Sampson. I wanna party like it's 1998.

8. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually the Coach I'd use on this team would be Bob Bradley. I would figure most people wouldn't need to be told why. :mad:

9. ftruscot

ftruscot Member

Feb 20, 2002
    Franklin, MA
    I would have to have Jesse Marsch in the midfield. I cannot stand the fact that he exists. Much how I felt a few years back about Chuck Knoblauch. The day Jesse can no longer kick a ball straight will be a happy day for me.

I feel evil just typing this, but it's really all the hate I have in my life, so I don't feel too guilty.

10. revsrock

revsrock Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    Boston Ma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I know he was a former Rev, but i hate Andy Williams!! How the hell can you miss a wide open net in a Championship game!! Hey Monty don't foget LA was winning because they had more shots in the first half!!!

11. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was one of the best lines ever. And there's only 8,000 seats still available. :D

12. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll agree that Steve Sandpan is a contender but I've got to go with:

SMOKING MAN WRongan

13. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There aren't too many coaches that can distroy a team like he can.

14. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One of my all time favorite Revs' memories is the time that Darren Sawatzky managed to simultaneously score a goal and kick Agoos in the head. :)

15. ProfZodiac

ProfZodiac Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No hate for Bryan Namoff?

16. jw

jw Member

Feb 18, 1999
    Massachusetts
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would have to agree with most selections so far. Would like to add three:
    Ugo Ilhemelu, D, Galaxy - big head got in way of Pepe’s equalizer in Frisco.
    Freddy Garcia, M, Crew - diving after his Heaps "head butt," (2002).
    Hristo Stoichkov, M/F, Fire, DC - so annoying for so many reasons.

Definitely would say that the players with the most emotion - against - would be Kovalenko, Meola, Razov, and Ruiz.

blood...starting...to...boil...

17. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How on earth did Jaime Moreno escape mention? Not only has he been a consistently scary opponent over ten seasons, but he must be at or near the top of the MLS list for career obnoxiousness.

18. Rodan

Rodan New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Providence
    I think Brian Mulan from San Jose...er...Houston certainly deserves a nomination. He may be a good player but he's also a thug and an aspiring lunatic. Whenever he plays the Revs he seems hell bent on commiting assault with intent to injure.

Buffy Curtin would also seem to deserve one for some of the unpunished poundings he's put on Twellman throughout the years.

Finally the maladorous Hristo Stoichkov certainly deserves an uplifted middle finger for a whole host of reasons.

Nice thread by the way...

19. SirFozzie

SirFozzie Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 17, 2001
    Franklin, MA
    *bows* I am to please ;)

20. Crewbasher

Crewbasher Member

Jul 7, 1999
    The Enemy Base
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know he's not an MLS player, but can we please put Joao Pinto from Sporting Lisbon on that team? I don't think I need to explain that choice.

As far as MLS players go, any list without Ante Razov should be immediately disregarded. He's one of the few people I've met who I wish would introduce themselves to the front end of a speeding Mack truck.

21. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ante RATBOY