Alert: Loyalty codes

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Union' started by UnionBulldog, Jul 7, 2013.

1. EmeraldDawn

EmeraldDawn Member+

May 11, 2008
    Brick, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a lot of beer, boss.

2. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    hahah. my bad, i'm heavy drugs today.

EmeraldDawn repped this.
  3. OwlSaver

OwlSaver Member+

Jan 26, 2005
    Berwyn, PA (127, J)
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My five have: 515, 495, 575, 575, 515. I am not going to bid on the $50 because my beer stand does not take Union Dollars. We had a run of matches early in the season that we could not go to because of school, youth soccer, and such. For the most part, I was able to sell or give away my seats. Next year, they should give us points if our seats are in use, not just if the season ticket card is used. It would also be nice if we could get points for getting someone to buy tickets. We could each have a code to give to people. I am sure it would increase attendance.

4. Coonpath

Coonpath Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Shamong, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

I think only about 40 of those points are from beers*. Haven't missed a match, early entrance or away game loyalty code... yet

*beers, food, merch, etc.

5. Handsome Pete

Handsome Pete Member+

May 16, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know if my purchases have ever translated into Loyalty Points. Last time I looked they hadn't.

6. EmeraldDawn

EmeraldDawn Member+

May 11, 2008
    Brick, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I've missed a couple matches, but tickets didnt go unused, as others have said, maybe there should be something for that. I missed the loyalty code that everyone bitched about a few weeks ago that as only good for ten minutes or so. Fifty or so points through purchases. My buddy almost never gets the early entry bonus, that's why he's so far behind. And he missed that Chivas game.

7. mattylip

mattylip Member+

Philadelphia Union
    Jul 22, 2011
    Cherry Hill (127, D)
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I have 765 on each seat. I missed one game.

Here's a question: Let's say I bid all of my points and win an auction. Does that mean that I go back to 0 points such that I am no longer eligible to get invited to the "exclusive Meet the Team Event" that you get at 1100 points? In other words, do you need to use 1100 points to get invited to the event or can you use points and still get the benchmark benefits (20% off at team store, upgraded seats, etc.)?

8. Doop

Doop Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What points does everyone have for the home opener back in March? I don't show my early arrival however it shows 50 points for the match when I know the match points were supposed to be lower.

I'm at 855 on one and 810 on the other (Union Dollar$$$)

9. DOOPist

DOOPist Member

May 17, 2012
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    "What's the ratio of Stanley nickles to Schrute bucks?"

------------------------------
    Any scenario that doesn't involve you using your ticket card does not serve the purpose of the point program. (The ability to send tickets to friends does, however, give the team the recipient's contact information, which the team will use for future marketing.)
    The team "awards" points to incentivize you to use the ticket card. When you use the ticket card, the team gets data on your entry gate, time of entry, attendance patterns, etc. The team can then use that data to market against you in the future. One could also expect the team to provide that data to some sponsors and use it in attracting potential sponsors.
    The addition of Union Dollars allows the team to see what you buy, where, and when. That's VERY valuable data.
    You have to remember this is an exchange. You exchange your attendance and spending behavior data for the "points" awarded by the team.

------------------------------
    On a non-related note, I've noticed a small inconsistency on the points page.

The main login page identifies the store discount reward as 25% and the PPL Park tour point goal as 800 points.
    [​IMG]

The account detail page lists the store discount as 20% and the stadium tour point goal as 700 points.
    [​IMG]

Sounds like some of you are already approaching these levels.

10. EmeraldDawn

EmeraldDawn Member+

May 11, 2008
    Brick, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have both, the 50 and the 20 point early entry.

Doop repped this.
  11. Doop

Doop Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After digging through everything it looks like one of my accounts didn't get the early entry on the Chivas match either. My previous question about the SKC match still stands if anyone knows...

12. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm on the cusp of hitting the level to receive the 20% discount at the team store. So, the way I look at it, I can buy an item that originally costs $62.50 and not pay out a dime of my own money. I'll take it.

13. mattylip

mattylip Member+

Philadelphia Union
    Jul 22, 2011
    Cherry Hill (127, D)
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I have the same issue with Friday's game. I got 100 points on one card and 0 on the other. I entered with both cards at the same time.

For the SKC match, I have no idea. Clearly, there is an inconsistency.

14. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. EmeraldDawn

EmeraldDawn Member+

May 11, 2008
    Brick, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My post, the one you repped, was directed at the SKC match. 70 points total as follows:

03-07-2013 11:57:44 Early Entry- Sporting KC 3/2/13 20
    03-02-2013 15:30:30 Attendance at game Union vs Sporting Kansas City 50

For Chivas USA I have 100 points total broken down as:

07-15-2013 09:12:50 Early Entry - Chivas USA- 7/12/13 20
    07-15-2013 09:12:37 Win Bonus vs Chivas USA 7/12/13 10
    07-12-2013 20:53:40 Rain Bonus vs Chivas USA 7/12/13 20
    07-12-2013 17:51:46 Attendance at game Union vs Chivas USA 50

Only one seat has the Chivas stuff because my friend did not come. We both came to the KC game and both have the 50+20.

Hope this helps.

Doop repped this.
  16. celt1997

celt1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Philly Burbs
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I learned awhile ago that I would not get anything for the points on my 2 seats, so I've pretty much stopped trying. Last season if I couldn't find anyone to go with me, I'd scan both cards. This year I haven't done it at all.

17. EmeraldDawn

EmeraldDawn Member+

May 11, 2008
    Brick, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm hoping for the Meet the Team event. I know I've got no shot at a loyalty point auction.

18. Coonpath

Coonpath Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Shamong, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I believe if you use your points on an auction, they are then gone and you won't be able to go to the meet the team event.

If you ever have an issue with your points not showing up on your account. Call Mark Evans with fan services and he can help you out.

19. EmeraldDawn

EmeraldDawn Member+

May 11, 2008
    Brick, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can confirm this. Another reason why I don't bid.

20. Coonpath

Coonpath Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Shamong, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

I don't bid either. First year of this, I got the points so my niece could play on the pitch at PPL. Last year was for the special meet the team event. Same for this year. The event was super cool, intimate and a lot of fun. Almost a ratio of 1 to 1 for players to fans.

21. Doop

Doop Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I started paying in midfield when the rewards started and got the loyalty points upgrade. Now in my 2nd season in club for a midfield price. Get a free season parking pass, early entry, and hard alcohol / wine for the Mrs. without having to spend the $$ to get there. Ends up being about a $1200 discount for 2 seats. Definitely worth the small extra effort to get the points each year. Not sure how this off season goes, since we'll have to pay for our little one starting next season.

22. UnionBulldog

UnionBulldog Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Ridley Park
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Curious are you both in possession of a ST card or do you hold both? I hold the cards (I have 2 pairs that split the season) and if I wasn't able to find a guest because someone couldn't go I still swipe the cards in. Happened for the Galaxy game because my nephew and brother were set to go until my nephew snapped his arm like a twig. With only an hour or two I wasn't able to find anyone to go.

23. aztec21bas

aztec21bas BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 24, 2009
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My four seats have 805, 810, 830, and 905.

24. EmeraldDawn

EmeraldDawn Member+

May 11, 2008
    Brick, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's in possession of his STH card. Never thought about double-swiping.

25. cwelch999

cwelch999 Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So that's why the "paid attendance" and actual attendance numbers never seem to match!