Alert: Loyalty codes

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Union' started by UnionBulldog, Jul 7, 2013.

1. UnionBulldog

UnionBulldog Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Ridley Park
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not that this would have helped me last night but I thought this would be nice to have for those of us away from the TV and planning on watching later to have a thread where the code gets posted so we avoiding reading about the match. I will leave it up to our mods if they want this pinned or deleted or normal.

Dills repped this.
  2. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think this is a good idea. Only problem I see with it is the short duration the codes are active. I was watching the game on a one-hour delay last night and, by the time I saw the code, it had already expired. They only give you until the end of the respective half to enter the code, which is way too short, IMO.

But keeping them outside the gameday thread is good. Who's got 2 thumbs and approves of this idea?

THIS GUY!

3. Doop

Doop Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would say the major downside is that if you're tracking the match thread you would in essence have to track two threads instead of one. No matter to me, just glad our community posts the things so I don't have to make it up by making it rain Union Bucks in the team shop.

4. UnionBulldog

UnionBulldog Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Ridley Park
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No reason it can't be placed in both. I thought creating this thread would just allow those not watching the game in real time to benefit from it. If I know I am going to miss the game I will tag the forum to notify me of updates so I hopefully can add extra points. I catch a lot in real time so I will always try to post here when I see the code.

5. EmeraldDawn

EmeraldDawn Member+

May 11, 2008
    Brick, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This also helps those who cant always watch the games it went the codes but not the thpoilers in the gameday thread.

Dills repped this.
  6. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you're not watching it live, then I guess you're just not loyal enough...

I jest, since I watch the majority of matches on MLS Live well after the game.

7. EmeraldDawn

EmeraldDawn Member+

May 11, 2008
    Brick, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I usually can't watch Saturday road games because I'm working and my bar has Direct TV and were in the NY market so no Comcast channels.

8. UnionBulldog

UnionBulldog Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Ridley Park
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You mean to tell me I'm not a true fan? Damn! I hope the Union don't send me a report card telling me I am not fan enough for them.

drewuke and celt1997 repped this.
  9. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Son, you got an F.
    [​IMG]

TonyClarkDOOP repped this.
  10. Coonpath

Coonpath Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Shamong, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

We are going to need you to turn in your season ticket card

11. EmeraldDawn

EmeraldDawn Member+

May 11, 2008
    Brick, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have Comcast at home, and get both the Philly and NY ABC/CBS/NBC/FOX stations. Can I stay in the treehouse?

12. Coonpath

Coonpath Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Shamong, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I guess so, we will let it slide for now

EmeraldDawn repped this.
  13. Handsome Pete

Handsome Pete Member+

May 16, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I watched the last match live.

I was too lazy to get off the couch to go to my laptop to enter the loyalty code.

Because on phones the Union site borders on useless.

EmeraldDawn repped this.
  14. DOOPist

DOOPist Member

May 17, 2012
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I was honestly insulted during one recent game (RSL I believe) when the code was given around the 35 minute mark in the first half and we only had until the beginning of halftime to submit. I was watching about 30 minutes behind on DVR because I returned home late and the code had already expired. Guess I'm not loyal.
    Nope, not loyal. That they still call the program Loyalty Points angers me beyond words. Since they love calling everything Doop, call them Doop Points. Showing up early or entering codes has no bearing on one's loyalty to the team. But that's another subject.
    The crazy thing is that there doesn't seem to be any technical issue that would stop mobile phones from using the site. When I use iCab browser on my iPhone and set it to appear as a laptop, the loyalty points site works with no problems. So the team has either actively chosen to prevent phones from using the site or hasn't been able to fix the technical problem in over two years.

mattylip and Handsome Pete repped this.
  15. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm still waiting for the Union iPhone app that they promised us years ago.

Handsome Pete repped this.
  16. Coonpath

Coonpath Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Shamong, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

There is a link on the bottom of the mobile site that allows you to see the non-mobile site. I've used my phone a number of times to enter the code.

17. mattylip

mattylip Member+

Philadelphia Union
    Jul 22, 2011
    Cherry Hill (127, D)
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Providing 5 points for typing in the code while providing 20 points for entering PPL park at least 30 minutes before first kick has always struck me as odd. I realize that entering early theoretically makes the team more money, but the point structure still is strange.

And, I totally agree with calling it "Doop Points" rather than "Loyalty Points." Have you made that suggestion to the team? If not (or even if you have), I will make that suggestion with the marketing department people that I know.

18. Doop

Doop Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the whole code thing is garbage, where the early entry makes a ton of sense. Gets people there early to hopefully buy more concessions when the lines are shorter and get them into the seats before first kick.

19. OwlSaver

OwlSaver Member+

Jan 26, 2005
    Berwyn, PA (127, J)
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But, the real money to be made is in having lots of people watch on TV. So, the Loyalty Points for watching makes a lot of sense if it gets people in front of their TVs.

20. mattylip

mattylip Member+

Philadelphia Union
    Jul 22, 2011
    Cherry Hill (127, D)
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fill in the Blank: $50 in Union Funny Money = ______ Loyalty Points

21. EmeraldDawn

EmeraldDawn Member+

May 11, 2008
    Brick, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia

23. EmeraldDawn

EmeraldDawn Member+

May 11, 2008
    Brick, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's five.

Merchandise and Concession Bonus: For every $50 you spend (per season ticket card) you’ll earn 5 points on that specific seat. For example, if you spend $50 using the season ticket card seat 1, that seat will earn 5 bonus points. If you spend $30 on seat 1 and $20 on seat 2, neither will receive the bonus points until the respective seat surpasses the $50 threshold. See page 2 for more information on the Union Dollars program.

Just out of curiosity, what's everyone's point totals right now? My seat is at 625, my buddy's seat is at 460.

24. Coonpath

Coonpath Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Shamong, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    both of my seats have 885

EmeraldDawn repped this.
  25. Handsome Pete

Handsome Pete Member+

May 16, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was trying to figure out if this was a good auction. Then I got distracted and did not bid. Maybe I will now that you've reminded me.