Lost and Found

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by The_Ponce, Feb 13, 2014.

1. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This thread is like the where are they now thread for the players, but is dedicated to big soccer posters.

Whatever happened to @anderson?! He hasn't posted in a while. :-/

JuveChelsea? Rikker? BJFord?

2. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Where's the Basque?

3. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rikker got sick, then came back as the Prophet, right? But he never posted much after that. I hope he's ok.

I wonder where Bandido is too. He was really fun on here, then slowly faded away. I think maybe he was sick too for a while. He was at BBVA in the first year but I don't remember seeing him last year.

Who was the other guy who used to piss everybody off big time? Ok, I know that could be anybody, but it was back in the early years, he would also go on the Dallas boards and piss them off. I met him once, I got him Beckham tix since only STHs could get them (and then he didn't play). He was actually really nice in person. He was a HS soccer coach but didn't want his boys to know it was him posting. He quit posting years ago but a couple of years ago he wrote me a PM saying he was still here lurking but had changed his name and might occasionally post. But I don't think he ever did.

I like this thread, Leo, I hope you get some answers.

4. Beavis Stiffler

Beavis Stiffler Member+

May 14, 2011
    Naranja With Attitude. Straight Outta Houston.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Well at least there are some new people that joined in to keep the Dynamo forum alive unlike the other MLS clubs' forums.

5. JC507

JC507 Member+

Jan 21, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apog or some shit like that. I remember that guy.

6. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's handing out food stamps while passing out Wendy Davis pamphlets to folks on the street.

Levy2k6 repped this.
  7. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I always knew I liked that guy!

crocken repped this.
  8. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup, that's him. I think he went thru 2 public names then he told me a third secret name he was going to use. I'm not sure if he ever actually used it. Maybe he's posting and I don't realize it.

JC507 repped this.
  9. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda

I thought Rikker was Anderson's alter ego. Anderson is around, he sits above me. Last time I saw him was in the middle of the summer. We usually used the can at the same time and would discuss our lineup at that point.

The other guy's name was ATPag and then he changed it.

10. txsn

txsn Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What ever happened to the guy from El Paso? I wonder if he ever made it to the MLS Cup?

Beavis Stiffler, The_Ponce and *rey* repped this.
  11. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So Anderson has been confirmed to be Westside Cosmo. Alright, cool, I can finally rest because I know that I've met Westside in person.

12. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    Bandido moved to Mexico and was gone for awhile but he came back for games every now and then. I swear I think I see his wife (Bandita) at games many times so maybe he moved but she didn't :confused:. When we moved to BBVA he sits at the North End instead of the South end so I kind of lost track of him. You know if he was coming to alot of games we would see him because he seems to be so photogenic :rolleyes: (with that beautiful sombrero). Great fan though and great guy - hope we get to see him more at games.

13. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    Anderson's gotta come out and defend himself on that one. Besides, WC would nver pretend to be anyone else -why mess with original perfection. Ha.

14. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The first year at BBVA I would see Bandido and Bandida a lot cause they would walk by where I parked in Lot C. Bandida would always shout "BrahmaWHO?" then they would come over and talk. I would usually see him when he was coming over to the smoking area that's near me. Last year I didn't park in Lot C so maybe I just never met up with them, I don't know.

15. 7seven7

7seven7 Member+

May 5, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    has anyone seen Bruin? he hasn't been around since 2012......

cougarclaws, footyfool and Heft repped this.
  16. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Juve is technically not lost. He is the imperial voice.

17. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Good poster at times. He just doesn't like to give credit where it's due sometimes. I guess we're all like that in ways.

18. footyfool

footyfool Member+

May 8, 2008
    Houston
    Camicia Arancione...he posted about SOCCER. All the stupid threads about politics and traffic and gay marriage ran him off.

19. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda

I thought it was all the taco talk:cool:

Beavis Stiffler repped this.
  20. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was a matter of time before this thread trend into a discussion about our food habits

Heft and JC507 repped this.
  21. Caddman

Caddman Member+

Aug 18, 1999
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dominique Sachse agrees.

[​IMG]

22. camicia arancione

Jan 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm still around some, just don't post much anymore. You hit on a few of the reasons why, but the bigger ones are:

1. Work moved me away from Houston, and I don't get out to games anymore (I'm trying like hell to get back, but it's not happening very quickly). I still catch most of them on TV, but it's not the same in terms of getting a real feel for what's going on. Like you said, I love the soccer, and it's hard to get the same insight into trends when you can't get out and see the whole field for at least a percentage of the games.

2. I find this Dynamo team to be wholly uninspiring. I'll admit that #1 above probably contributes to that, but I just don't find anyone outside of Boniek and Rico to be exciting at all. I still admire Brad Davis' skill and approach to his profession, but he's never been a favorite of mine, dating all the way back to the championship years. Beyond that I see a bunch of middling players who bore me to death. Not good enough to get excited and start thinking of trophies, not bad enough to get fired up and start screaming about. To paraphrase Stringer Bell, they're giving me too damn many forty degree days.

I'll try to pop in more often, I miss chatting with some of you guys.

You better check yo-self. I freaking love tacos.

23. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda

speaking of tacos-I went by Brothers yesterday and the place was packed and it was after 12:00. Reminded me of that Yogi Berra saying-no one goes there anymore it's too crowded.

*rey* repped this.
  24. footyfool

footyfool Member+

May 8, 2008
    Houston

I think that's a pretty good description. Boniek makes me smile when I watch him. But the rest of the guys are efficient without being exciting.

25. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    That dude just dropped a Stringer Bell reference. "You know what? I look at the Dynamo these days, and you know what I see? I see a man without a country. They're not hard enough for this right here. And maybe. Just maybe not smart enough for them out there."

Every time CA post it's like he's reading off my notes. Agree 100% on his #2. I'm never been a huge Brad Davis fan but have always felt Rico Clark & now OBG is so under appreciated not only by MLS but by our own Dynamo fans.