Losing the League, the Cup, Europe and Karloski - The David Moyes Thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I thought I gave it a pretty good go...........:thumbsdown:

2. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    That is an improvement for J'can.

johno and J'can repped this.
  3. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    that's because he graded on the curve.

4. omar_mufc

omar_mufc Member

Oct 19, 2004
    http://livelifeunited.com/

Don't know if anyone has been on this blog before, but it's absolutely spot on with its analysis of the cluster******** that has been Moyes' current run as manager so far...

Drae and J'can repped this.
  5. Drae

Drae Member+

Jun 26, 2006
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Great link, some nice blogs in there.

http://livelifeunited.com/tactics-comparison-brendan-rodgers-vs-david-moyes/

This one made me so angry. Just as I think I'm moving into acceptance, I watch vids like that and it makes me want to hulk smash something. Liverpool playing better footy than us, its not on. Its not ********ing on.

6. lynne

lynne Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Listening to the Fulham pre-game show, the announcer was talking about the "big game" tomorrow.

It's not us.:( No one cares how we play or what happens as a result. It's Liverpool v Arsenal. This is what happens when you let your standards slide.

Jon Pall repped this.
  7. nimma

nimma Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 5, 2006
    India
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Watch how the apologists will celebrate being in 4th next season (if we even get to be 4th) after Moyes spends a shit load of money....

Either that or it would be the 'Oh he has just signed the players, they need time to gel, he needs time' argument...

8. lynne

lynne Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Well, let's see how those goofy, cheering local fans feel about be also-rans next season. I guess they'll turn into the old Liverpool, always boasting about their old glories.....

Looking at this post --
    ....Makes me fear that players won't come to the team. The good ones, anyway. They'll look at that and decide, correctly, that there will be no success to be had at Utd.

9. TheRedDevil

TheRedDevil Member

May 16, 2012
    Liverpool's Perch
    That's why i always feel uncomfortable when the fans start singing "20 times, 20 times Man United.." while we're getting our ass-whopped.

It's like "yeah you're beating us 2-0 now... but... we won shit in the past!" :)

Petty to say the least. What made us great was our thirst to keep winning now, regardless of our past success. That on to the next one (shout-out to Jay Z) mentality.

Don't get me wrong, I love that song while we're bitch-slapping a team, but something doesn't feel right about singing about the past while we're having our asses handed to us 3-0 by Liverpool, at home.

doubletrouble repped this.
  10. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    Most matchday going fans are nothing more than misinformed dupes.

11. Cloudkicker09

Cloudkicker09 Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Windy City, Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Sack Moyes PLEASE!!!!!!

doubletrouble repped this.
  12. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That's more or less what it was like in the eighties.

13. Simply Red

Simply Red Member

Feb 15, 2007
    Here's a few if's:

Moyes stays, buys a ball-playing cm ala Thiago/Fabregas/Kroos-type and a new ball-carrying leftback, and keeps playing Mata and Kagawa together. Will the team be able to fight for the title regardless of Moyes staying?

14. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Still need a center back. Evans, Jones, Smalling and one u21/loanee isnt enough.

Still doesnt solve the problem of what haTppens when RVP and Rooney are both fit. That also suggest that we wont be selling Young, Nani and or Valencia. We need at least two wide players. If one is elite, then I'd be happy for the other to come from the u21's [IE Lingard]

Essentially, no. I think best we could hope for, barring some miracle where we can bring in 4 class players, and 2 promising ones, is a top 5 to 6 finish.

15. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    that's too pessimistic in a scenario where we get a WC mid and a solid LB. hell, we'll prolly finish 6th in this god forsaken year.

quite frankly, i don't care if we make zero buys in the front 4 if we can start next season with a, say, kroos-carvalho partnership in midfield and coentrao or shaw at LB. between kagawa, mata, nani, januzaj and welbeck... there's enough talent to play behind the striker.

i'm torn on the CB spot. evans, jones and smalling SHOULD be enough. most elite teams don't go past their 3rd CB on a regular basis - no one rotates like we do. if this trio is not ready now, they'll likely never be.

rvp is gone imo. i think the commitment has been made to rooney up front and mata in the hole.

16. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    most other teams protect their defenders a lot better as well. not to mention they usually don't keep injury prone & wreckless CBs as 2 out of the 3.

we need two CBs plus 2LB, 1RB, 2CM, 1LWF. 1F is a bonus and would be forward planning but not critical yet. oh and probably 1 manager.

won't happen in one summer and probably not even in 2 or 3

17. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    Everton fans' perspective on Moyes

18. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I think what we need most is to use our resources better.

Apart from CM, we've got resources that are being mismanaged.

Rio could easily give us another 2 seasons as a CB who plays either every other match or 1 in 3 during the crowded period of the schedule.

His worth to the team in training alone is tremendous.

We've got more than enough at the 9 with 2 class players and a youngish player also good enough and 1 who can do the job in a pinch or play off the bench.

The situation at 10 is similar. We've got 2 very good 10s and we've got a youngster who can learn the trade (Januzaj) and then a player who can play it in a pinch in Rooney.

If we consider Welbeck an option for the wing and if we consider that for maybe half our games we should/could be looking to play a front four that features 9, 10, 10, 7 then we don't need 2 wingers as we'll only employ 2 wingers in half our matches.

That means we need 3 in the squad. We've got one in Nani and half a winger between Januzaj and Welbeck, so we need one elite winger.

But all of that supposes we'll use all of those players properly.

Jon Pall repped this.
  19. lynne

lynne Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    We do have to win games in the future, right? We can't just linger on, mid-table, and making money in our summer travels....keeping our "talisman" on board to thrill the locals....right?

Please don't let us become the Harlem Globetrotters. Face it, though, the Harlem Globetrotters were fun to watch. No danger of that happening lately.

J'can, Invincible and Jon Pall repped this.
  20. nimma

nimma Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 5, 2006
    India
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Reports on Twitter that Phil Neville has quit..

21. Cevno

Cevno Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Shifting.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It's fake.

22. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    #398 benni..., Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
    Soo the ******** what.

23. Jon Pall

Jon Pall Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 29, 2003
    Washington D.C/Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Just listen to the fans in the background!! Music to my ears, MOYES OUT!

24. exref

exref Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wish it were so; did not see him at today's match.
    I was always worried that he was part of the coaching staff. Phil never impressed me as bright; he never could learn to quit hoofing the long ball. Although Neville got better at it when he went to Everton, he still succumbed to it in a pinch.