Local Robert Plant Soccer Show?;)

Discussion in 'Austin Aztex' started by VioletCrown, Jul 31, 2012.

1. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While I was on my way home last night, I listened to 104.9. They've done a format shuffling, and the Drive is no longer on. One of the two guys that was on the Drive is still there -- the one that Matt talked into joining us at Fado's for a US match last year.

He's a huge Robert Plant fan and has decided to be a stalker (now that Plant is married to a local, and apparently hanging out here a lot). And he said that he wants to get Robert Plant on the show, and made some comment to the effect that Plant said he wouldn't do it unless they'd talk about the Premier League. So the host floated the idea of having a regular Robert Plant soccer show.

At that point the conversation sadly was turned to hooliganism and a UT football game at Ohio State.

He was probably just joking... but I figured I'd mention it on here since we know one or two people that may be able to help nudge something like that into being.:)

2. mgrayscale

mgrayscale Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Buda, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No offense to Chad or 104.9, but if Robert were to go on a radio show, I'd prefer he start with one that has been dedicated to football/soccer for over 4 years..."Futbol en Vivo".

VioletCrown repped this.
  3. -ATX-

-ATX- Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Austin
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chad (the one who joined us for the US match) has actually moved time slots and is now from Noon to 3pm. The person who was making the comments regarding Robert Plant was Erin Hogan. He has actually mentioned that he plans to stalk Robert several times on the radio.

FWIW, I do not like the new 104.9 line up. The stations new ownership has really messed up. They all bash soccer, so from that aspect I suppose it is no different.

4. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah. I finally realized that on my way home last night. And realized how much I also hate the new lineup. Back to KOOP/KVRX for my drive-time listening.

5. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you all talking about Robert Plant of Led Zeppelin?

6. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And more importantly, of Alison Krauss and Robert Plant. :)

Bluesfan repped this.
  7. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, we are.

8. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. mgrayscale

mgrayscale Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Buda, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Robert has been out of the country for a few months and is on his way to a tour of South America. He's a Black Forest lad, and has supported Wolves for years, but has been troubled by the last 12 months worth of issues. My understanding is that he may be back in Austin later in the Fall, and hope he'll come out for some events (WCQ, maybe some NASL Playoff matches in SA). I also hope people treat him as one of the lads when they see him.