Liverpool vs Bolton - EPL - Aug 27 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by burning247, Aug 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Absolutely but thankfully Kenny follows the "pass and move" philosophy.

2. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    True that! Dzenko was considered lazy as he worked his way into the team. I thought that Henderson has the potential and was working his way in, now he's starting to feel his oats and take control. Jose quietly worked his way in as well. New teams, new language, new counties with all related baggage takes time. More with some than others.

Carroll has all those problems as well..;)

3. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right. And while the comms thought Young's goals where great he took his with his dominant foot. Henderson took an equally good curler with his left

4. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Made 'goal of the day' on Fox. Pretty to look at.

5. Fussballer

Fussballer Member+

Liverpool FC
    Sep 18, 2002
    In my head
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Glad to see Henderson have a good match as he certainly shut my big gob for all the stick I've been giving him. Keep it up, lad. Not really much to criticize as it was a confident win against a solid mid-table club. Shows how far we've progressed under Kenny.

Carroll is still young and needs time to find his form. Now if he was Torres' age, then I'd be worried as Chel$ki should be.:eek:

ynwa

6. idreamofpikas

idreamofpikas Member+

May 22, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    erm No and no. What people are saying is infact that Carroll should be rotated right now until his partnership with Suarez is better. Not that he should be binned altogether. I myself think he had a good game against Arsenal but some games are not going to suit him.

Normally I'd think the fact that he drops deep to win the ball great but a problem with him is that he pretty much plays only in the Centre so its easier for teams to mark him while what we've seen from the Suarez, Kuyt, Downing/Maxi forward line is that all 3 will be more unpredictable. Kuyt spent as much time on the left as he did on the right yesterday(which must of confused Boltons prep) and had you not known who Suarez was you would of thought he was a winger and Downing a Centre Forward.

Carroll will come good and i'd still like to see him away from home as he stops the CB's going forward which creates a lot of space between CM and CB. He's just been unlucky that Suarez has settled better than anyone could of expected.

7. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    FFS, why do you have to be so objective? And right, too?

8. Kutsuit

Kutsuit Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Kuwait City
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kuwait
    I'm quite happy with the way we started the new season. We accumulated seven out of nine points in our first three league games; that's a very good record for a team interested in finishing in the top four. Charlie Adam, Jordan Henderson and Stewart Downing have all done a magnificent job so far. I'm very pleased with Kenny Dalglish's summer signings, and I hear there still are a few names we're pursuing and hoping to sign, before the transfer window closes. The defenders have also done a fantastic job. It's a huge contrast compared to the way we started, last season. :)

9. revelationx

revelationx Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    London
    A really impressive performance. We bossed Bolton. The lapse in stoppage time means the scoreline flatters Bolton. The Ref denied us two penalties today. We should had 3 more goals at least including Suarez' chip plus Kuyt was inches away.

I should mention how well Enrique has done. He has slotted in immediately and performed without any adjustment time - the benefits of recruiting a mature player who is experienced in this league, Wenger should be taking notes.

Now to get Coates signed up and that should put pressure on Carra and Skrtel who both have made late mistakes that have cost us goals in the last 2 matches.

Every week is reinforcing how correct it was to replace Hodgson with Dalglish. We were absolutetly dire at this stage last season and now we are purring. Progress is clear.

Bring on the next match.

10. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The truth of the matter is that the owners of the club hired a man whose most compelling resume item was to have lost the Europa League final with a slightly better than mediocre club, a team that finished lower in the table the year they were in the E-L final than the previous year.

Good riddance to both the former owners and the former manager.

11. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    but you are saying the same thing I am saying anyway. right? :)

12. B.A.

B.A. Member+

Sep 12, 2007
    IL
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was going to say that the things that pleased me the most were his goal - and Adam's - and the fact they were both so well placed w/ their less dominant foot.

13. revelationx

revelationx Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    London
    It is only very early and just 3 games in, but this is our best start to a League season since 1994! Last season took us 9 matches to get our second League win - we already have 2 wins in 3 matches. Progress is clear. Onwards and upwards. Gerrard, Johnson to come back plus Aurelio, Kelly, Raul Meireles and soon Coates too.

Enrique >>>> Konchesky :cool:

14. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I'll throw my hands up and admit that, thus far, I've been wrong on Enrique. He has looked every bit the part.

Glad to see Henderson and Adam get their first. Jordan showed his potential, which I've said all along is to be as good as Gerrard, and can become a shrewd acquisition even at 16m.
    Adam played well, controlled the tempo, took his goal well. Still is prone to the gerrard-like hollywood ball. against a quicker midfield, I can see him being a bit of a detriment.

Carroll should have had a couple goals. Either he didn't know to make the right run or couldn't be arsed to. Either way, not good, but he should learn.

And this game proved neither Skrtel or Carra should be playing right back again any time soon. Hope Glenda gets back soon.

15. StiltonFC

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Carroll probably doesn't get mugged as much as Torres or Crouch, but he gets double teamed almost instantly, and he is a little bit awkward, by which I mean he isn't deft in traffic, the way Suarez and other forwards who are dribblers are. Carroll can turn defenders and take advantage of space, but he isn't great at creating space where there was little or none to begin with because he doesn't have great quickness in that way.

He does have quickness in getting a shot off, and that's one of his most valuable gifts. He ought to be able to dish the ball off to Gerrard or Adam or Suarez if his shooting lanes are blocked, and if he cannot do that, he becomes an expensive buy. He needs to be part of a multi-pronged attack.

16. drobny23

drobny23 Member+

Jun 18, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    When Carroll participates in the sentence of our our attack, he's often the comma or semi-colon instead of the verb or useful preposition. Right now, he's a giant exclamation point. Let's keep him there. He needs more education to morph into mid-sentence punctuation.

17. StiltonFC

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

18. drobny23

drobny23 Member+

Jun 18, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    For the record, that was a genius analogy.

19. StiltonFC

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    only if you know something about grammar and punctuation, and the record around here is spotty...

...and, for the record, that was a genius image, not of my creation, but the application was piquant.

20. drobny23

drobny23 Member+

Jun 18, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    A fair point. Similes are rarely accompanied by skeletons, which convert your argument to fact.

Although, you really shouldn't insult revx's grammar. He's a nice enough guy and a solid forum contributor.

21. StiltonFC

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i wasn't insulting revx' grammar. i am merely saying that some of us have a better grasp of grammar and punctuation than others have, and that leaves your analogy, as good as it was in concept, less effective in application.

22. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So ends this thread. :)

23. drobny23

drobny23 Member+

Jun 18, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I wasn't saying you were poking fun at revx. I was making an awful joke.

Someone should suspend me from this forum for a week.

24. StiltonFC

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if you weren't a member of the Russian Mafia, i'm sure "they" would...