Liverpool vs Bolton - EPL - Aug 27 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by burning247, Aug 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Menace2Sobriety

Menace2Sobriety Member+

Aug 12, 2004
    Washington DC
    Referee doing his best to prevent another goal

2. ThatEndDown

ThatEndDown Member+

Dec 2, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Carroll and Maxi are getting set to come on for Suarez and Henderson, respectively.

3. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Suarez replaced to prevent him from justifiably killing the referee.

4. Slaskwroclaw18

Jun 26, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shoot, a sub for Suarez is a smart thing being ahead but I really thought he deserved a goal today for his performance.

5. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    The referee should apologize to Luis Suarez after he views the replays of the some of the incidents of this match. He would have you think that Suarez was flopping all over the place, when he was earning legitimate penalties.

6. ThatEndDown

ThatEndDown Member+

Dec 2, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just showed Suarez with a look that said "After this match is over, I will kill the ref."

7. That Phat Hat

That Phat Hat Member+

Nov 14, 2002
    Just Barely Outside the Beltway
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Skrtel left Carra out to dry there.

8. ThatEndDown

ThatEndDown Member+

Dec 2, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No clean sheet today.

9. Menace2Sobriety

Menace2Sobriety Member+

Aug 12, 2004
    Washington DC
    Ba Humbug - Carra with a poor touch leads to a Bolton goal. 3-1

10. jeffcoop

jeffcoop BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 11, 2006
    Central Indiana
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gah. Miss the clean sheet by seconds.

11. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Very impressive performance. Hate to always concede these late goals though. Top of the table! :D

12. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    That was a truly excellent performance and a joy to watch. Suarez was man of the match. He will likely win that award every time he steps foot on the pitch. Brilliant player who was a victim of terrible referring today. The referee seemed to have it in his mind that Suarez is a diver and looked the other way every time Suarez was brought down by the opponent. Suarez won 2 clear penalties and he has every right to be frustrated. He was also may have scored if Jaaskelainen had not handled the backpass. That was the most ludicrous decision of all by the referee. Luis' ball to Downing which led to the first goal was brilliant. His passing and movement were superb and he deserved a goal.

Henderson and Adam were also excellent. Both players created some great chances with some excellent balls, and both players chipped in with a goal. Adam also proved why his delivery from corner kicks is so valuable.

Lucas had an excellent match. He controlled the midfield and made some excellent tackles. The back four was solid. Enrique looks like a hell of a signing. Skrtel did a great job at right back and scored a good goal. I liked Kenny's decision not to break up the Agger/Carra partnership when Kelly went off.

Top of the table!

13. poopoobigelow

poopoobigelow Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 3, 2007
    VA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    just saw a stat that we now have more points than we did at october 23rd last season... watching this game, i was remember how awful it was last season it this time and i can't help but be almost overwhelmed at where we are now... john w and kenny, thanks for saving this club...

as for the match, it's always great to see us dominate from start to finish... great to see or new signings bedding in so well -- especially hendersen whom i've been particularly critical of... these last two games he has really come on...

lucas was immense... another game where he was everywhere, involved in almost everything on both ends... another match where it seemed like there were two of him out there... skrtel actually looked really good at RB, forward and backward...

and, of course, suarez... a little hard done by from the ref, but what i liked is that, even though we were up by three goals, he was still desperate to score... i love that intensity and determination... if we can keep him out of madrid and barca's clutches, he'll be a legend for us...

who's next?

14. AnyLuckForEngland?

Jul 10, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Gutted that we conceded late, we should have had 5-7 goals. Ref was a moron, maybe his wife ran off with a Uruguyan. ;)

15. Kawklee

Kawklee BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 30, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lucas played well but I'll tell you what he looked like he was going to barf any minute. Definitely played with a virus.

I actually blame kenny for us conceding a goal. Lucas had been asking for a sub at 84' or so (adam caught on camera rolling his hands and pointing at lucas) but Dalglish didn't take him off. If he'd been subbed, we could have closed down that pass, controlled more midfield, and Jamie wouldn't have been in that situation.

16. AnyLuckForEngland?

Jul 10, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well Skrtel for some reason was trying to get a second goal so he was way upfield when the error took place. That didn't help either.

17. LFChile

LFChile Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Thats ridiculous!.....first, it's another Carragher howler, and he only has himself to blame. Second, the 3 subs were already made (Kelly,Suarez and Kuyt) were off the field. KK real mistake was not taking Lucas off at the 60 minute mark, because even 8000 miles away it was clear that Lucas wasn't 100%, and it was poor decision making by KK. I would have taken Suarez off sooner as well, but thats just me.

But justice was made today. I've been saying for a while that some players should be benched in favour of others, and it seems KK agreed. This is what LFC should be about, pass and move football, with Suarez, Downing and hopefully Gerrard soon. Unless Carroll adapts and works on his footwork, he shouldn't be an automatic starting XI.

And Henderson was much better today....he did make a huge mistake in the 61" when we were 3 against 1 and took to long. That should have been the 4th goal, at 0-0 i would have been furious.

All in all, great result against a good team! Top of the league, with lots to look foward to!

18. Kawklee

Kawklee BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 30, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't believe I forgot he'd already used all three subs

Skrtl fit in at RB pretty well, it totally slipped me

19. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with everything stated but want to add that Downing was very good today as well.

Suarez is a genius. It must be such a joy to play with him. Ref was a criminal. Either those two events were penalties or he should have the balls to card Luis if he thinks he's diving.

Dirk had a very good match. Poor Coyle trained his team all week to deal with Carroll and picked his team with that in mind and Barcelona showed up in red;)

Glad to see Henderson and Adam break their Liverpool duck.

Lucas was a monster in midfield. Mascherano could not have done better.

Enrique had a very good and assured display

Everything else just made me smile.

By the way, since when did kicking the ball back to the keeper for him to handle become fair play again? Did I miss that change to the laws?

20. jeffcoop

jeffcoop BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 11, 2006
    Central Indiana
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heck of a time for an international break, just as our pass-and-move game is beginning to click. I'm sure everyone noticed how much better our movement was before Carroll (and Maxi) came on for Suarez (and Hernderon). But it's probably not a fair comparison, given the game's lack of urgency by the time the subs came on.

Next: Stoke, away. Tough match.

21. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    But one we really need to win because Spurs away follows that fixture, and Spurs away is usually a fixture we have trouble with. So was Arsenal away though :D

22. poopoobigelow

poopoobigelow Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 3, 2007
    VA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    not having the minerals to call a penalty is one thing, that i can understand... but, when you miss a deliberate back-pass it shows that you aren't really paying attention... and then, at that point, every call you've made the whole game falls under a shadow of incompetence... that makes the missed penalty calls seem even more grievous...

another sign that this guy's head wasn't in the game was that he got hit by a few balls that i feel he could have easily gotten out of the way off... and he absolutely got in the way of a bolton player bringing the ball out of the back...

another bad call when cahill came sliding in on adam, absolutely whiffed, and he called for a foul on adam, saying he simulated... sure, the contact didn't bring adam down, but he had to compensate for cahill coming through... if you don't get your feet off the ground and go up in the air a little and brace yourself for a fall, you could get seriously hurt...

what a turd... proburt, was it? turdy name, too... i've never been so infuriated with a ref in a game where we slaughtered the other team...

23. LFChile

LFChile Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    yeah, tough match considering that stoke will have 2 weeks to prepare for the game, since most of there players are not full internationals.

Another thing i forgot to mention. I'm starting to get worried with all the injuries Kellys getting. I hope he's not injury prone, its to soon to tell.

24. lotsogolazo

lotsogolazo Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Great game to watch - the midfield (especially Lucas) dominated to allow us to keep possession and set up some outstanding pass and move footy. Everyone on the pitch today showed glimpses of how they could play at full potential.

I don't want to get ahead of myself but if we get Coates and Bellamy, I think we could challenge any team on any day. My biggest concern is if Suarez gets injured. There aren't many players in the world who can harass a defense and set up goal opportunities like he can. We play at such a different pace with him on the pitch.

25. ScholesyLFC

ScholesyLFC Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Holladay, Utah
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    So thrilled with this performance!

Henderson, Enrique, Adam, and Downing all played really well and deserved the applause they got from the Kop. I think the whole team played really well. I must admit I'm not bothered by the giveaway goal, sure a clean sheet would have been great but given how much Jamie has saved us over the years I can live with these occasional mistakes he makes especially when we're 3-0 up.

Andy Carroll? Yeah Today just highlights for me that he is not the right guy yet. He looked lazy, unfit and almost uninterested. Such a lack of effort from him.

I don't know if I think he even has that quality inside him, it may have been easier for him to shine at NUFC. Here he'll need to put in some effort.