Liverpool v Southampton - Dec 1 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by kopiteinkc, Nov 29, 2012.

1. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Safari

Twenty26Six repped this.
  2. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    We won and everyone's ********ing happy again. :)

3. Twenty26Six

Twenty26Six Feeling Sheepish...

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LB and RevX are
    :D

el-capitano repped this.
  4. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I would say pleased. Happy is gonna take awhile

5. Twenty26Six

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. I can't say that I am satisfied (or near it at all) yet.

I am looking forward to the FA Cup though. If we add a striker and everyone gets healthy, I certainly think we could win it this year. It will be a matter of drawing a weaker 3rd round opponent and not blowing it with the youngsters early.

6. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Good overall performance and performance and, of course, the usual of play well score one goal and waste countless others. But I'll take 3 points and a clean sheet. Some day some other players other than Suarez are going to have to learn how to score goals. And didn't Gerrard play better away from our box?

7. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great round of applause for Lucas when he was subbed.

8. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Just by saying that, we're gonna get City away now :p

liverbird and Twenty26Six repped this.
  9. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome to my nightmare... I awaken this morning fully intent on staying home and streaming the match live. My beloved wife says, "No, go to the pub I need some alone time to recharge my batteries after this week at work." My local normally streams Liverpool matches if they are not on live TV as the owner is a Red.

I show up at the pub am greeted at 10 minutes til KO with the news that they are streaming a rugby match instead. Bugger, bollocks and shite I think to myself. I tell my mate Richie the bartender, "I'll be back for the 2 p.m. showing" and then go do some Christmas shopping. At 1:15 I walk back into the pub and this fellow Red looks at me and says, "Be happy, we won today."

FUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK! At least he bought me a couple of pints to make up for ruining the match for me.

I thought we played pretty well and deserved the three points. It would have been nice to get a couple of more goals but I aint complaining about a win.

burning247 and liverbird repped this.
  10. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    That pissed the Kiwis off and that incudes my two son-in-laws ...Great!!.....:)

I'm down here at the southern most tip of Baja...Yeh I know but someone has to do it.
    Found a great wifi connection and stream this morning and got a good view of the whole match. I can't do that at home. Not bad with a couple or three Tecates' for breakfast...!!!

11. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LUCAS!

B.A. and lotsogolazo repped this.
  12. poopoobigelow

poopoobigelow Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 3, 2007
    VA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    lucas is good. very good. wait until he shakes off the rust. what he does so well is that he always knows what he is going to do before he gets the ball. so, the attack never slows down with him, unless he decides to slow it down. suarez has this, too. they need to give some to sterling. too often he'll collect the ball, then it will take him time to decide what to do, and by then some options have passed by. i know he's young and will get better at it, and that's really my only complaint about him other than shot selection...

what are they feeding enrique? he's been in beast mode for weeks. remember when he was injured and some wanted to never see him play again?

i'd play morgan up top at west ham. he was fantastic in the nextgen game. great movement and a high motor. sorry, "high workrate." i've been in pointyball mode today. yesil still seems like a deer in headlights and i'm afraid he'll get run over by sam's thugs. shelvey won't have the movement to create space for allen and gerrard -- now our 2 in the 1 and 2. he looked slow out there for me today. anyone else?

probably the most comfortable 1-0 we've had since rafa. i was never even close to worried we'd give up a fluke. call it the 'lucas effect.'

13. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Years and years ago my mate and I went out drinking to celebrate his new job. Came home to watch England v Greece on VHS, my Mum says "Dunno why you wanna watch it, there were no goals!"

14. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Thats as bad as when I took a new date into the pub. I ordered a second round and she says "You can't still be thirsty!"
    Well maybe not the same but you know what I mean...:rolleyes:

kopiteinkc repped this.
  15. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Which is why Sterling probably needs a small rest to reflect on what he has learnt so far. I agree, his decision-making and the speed of it has to improve.

16. Vasu

Vasu Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    One might even say it would be utopia! :sneaky:

Seriously though, great result, and let's keep it going against West Ham. Maybe a point would be a good result, but we should be going for the win.

17. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    While he won't be coming back to us, it is going to be detrimental to us next summer if he is injured all/most of the year, as nobody will pay the 15m we need for an injury prone, goal-shy striker.

18. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Stevie was playing in a holding role at 19/20 in a 4-4-2, with less support and cover around him.
    If Coady is good enough, waiting until he is 23 is not going to cut it, as he will leave by then.

19. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Glad to see we were comfortable. Wish we could have a game where we knock in 5 against somebody other than Norwich.

20. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Different team and different times and actually at that age one Dietmar Hamann was the holding player at Liverpool

21. revelationx

revelationx Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    London
    Gerrard got extended playing time in CM that year because that season Hamann got injured and when he returned Redknapp got injured.

22. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He also played right back for some games but we all know where he is best

Twenty26Six repped this.
  23. Twenty26Six

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How many players are Gerrard? 1 in 1,000? Coady is not Gerrard.

And, besides that, Gerrard never panned out as a holding/defensive-mid, so that's a slightly inappropriate comparison.

24. AnyLuckForEngland?

Jul 10, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    1 in a million, mate. 1 in a million.

25. poopoobigelow

poopoobigelow Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 3, 2007