Liverpool v Fulham - EPL - Dec 22 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by el-capitano, Dec 16, 2012.

1. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn, good call. I missed the opening goal as the power was out here for a while. The family lovingly deferred to me today and rearranged the schedule of family events so I could watch the match and then the power went out. It came back on 16 minutes in. What a goal by Skrtel. Holy. Crap.

I'll take 4-0 anytime. Finally finished some chances, spread the goals around, and outplayed a lackluster team. Having said that, it's a good job that Pepe was on his game with 4 saves today.

I'm glad Sterling and Allen got a good break. Downing has played better since having a fire lit under him. Don't know if he'll still be here after January but he's upped his energy etc. Still took him forever to break his duck.

We owe Stoke City...would love to cream them.

2. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. Fixed your post a bit

3. lotsogolazo

lotsogolazo Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Can't we all please find something to argue about????

Wingtips1, el-capitano and poopoobigelow repped this.
  4. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Guess we've become so used to bitchin and crying at our players when we lose. It just carries on when we win. Not all but enought to see that some of you guys don't deserve this team.
    That what you want.....:)

Prolly one of Downings best matches for us, and that was before He scored. Jose was excellent today and again made some great runs and crossed some nice balls in. Paced himself well, at times he'd disappear then recharge and be right back at them. Reminded me of when Maxi, Kuyt and wassizname, you know the one that went to the Chavs. used to swarm up in our asymetrical attack when Suarez would take the ball out to the right.

So Happy for Luis when he scored off Jose, He worked hard today and deserved to be in the scoring. Brilliant save for Pepe off Noriega's FK. Got a good strong palm on it to guide it wide. Good job by Johno as well, he and Downing owned that right side. Almost did a carbon copy goals there as well.

Gerrard enjoyed a bit of freedom that Lucas provides and got in the font lines a few times. Great run of his that Dowing spotted and laid on the ball for his goal.

We flubbed a couple of good chances for more But it was good to see the guys get a laugh out of them rather than get up tight about it.

"I" don't think that "I'll" sell anyone for a while. "I'll" just wait and see who "I'll" buy this opening.

el-capitano, Twenty26Six and liverbird repped this.
  5. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is Sturridge worth the money?

6. Twenty26Six

Twenty26Six Feeling Sheepish...

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Surely, you're joking, but I'll bite.

I don't mind if we buy him. If he works out, he could be an asset and push some people to improve. If he doesn't, we could probably move him on.

But, still, I've got this sinking "Collymore" feeling about him. :sad:

7. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I was joking but I will not take an opposite position from your post

8. sackpack

sackpack Member

Mar 1, 2001
    Margate, NJ
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Satisfying result. Still haven't gotten over the Villa match. Need a win at Stoke to compensate.

9. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. Fulham were not dire - we pressed the hell out of them and actually converted. Actually we blew a bunch of chances as well.

2. So Glad Luis got a goal - so deserved.

3. Lucas is boss - but still a bit off the pace - needs to get more fit.

4. Suso is awesome - so glad that Sterling was seated to start this game - but at the same time I'm glad Rodgers got him in to get the ovation from the crowd.

Fun game - don't understand what we are missing game to game (ok clinical striker, etc) - but this is shades of 08-09 - ONLY in the sense of the early opening goal really makes us look like a wunder-team - vs missing chance after chance in the first 30 then getting hit on a crap goal and getting smoked.

10. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    This was such an important match for us to win. Especially after the way we lost last week.

This weeks match was supposed to have been last week. We were all looking forward to us doing that to the villians, giving us that important win at home and scoring a few goals, putting us up into the top half of the table. Then consolidatiing that win with this one.

Then that crushing humiliating loss took the steam out of our charge.

Now the sun shines once more, peace and happiness reigns and all is content.

11. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I'm not sure what you're asking here, it doesn't seem like English is your first language. But if you've followed this board at all and read, or had someone read the comment's from it, then you'd have realised that the fans are well behind BR.
    It's a team under contruction. He's going to be tinkering with it for a while to find out his players and hopefully be able to buy a couple more to work with as we grow.

12. AwayKit

AwayKit Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Since we cant complain about the team, I'll direct my energy towards the officîals. Suarez continues to be disrespected. Wrongfully called for offside in the early minutes. And I can not recall the last time I've seen a referee personally move the ball to reset a free kick.

liverbird repped this.
  13. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I'm hoping we can do something better than a Chelsea cast off. That'll alway be my feeling when I see him on the pich and hear about another team buying an up and coming hot kid.
    Naw! Let Chavs buy our cast offs.

14. never walk alone TPK

Sep 27, 2004
    nairobi, kenya
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kenya
    I think he is trying to get traffic on his blogs pot.self promotion not sure if the mods allow that kind of thing.

15. zenden

zenden Member+

Nov 12, 2006
    yo estoy en Europa
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    And then God said, "Let there be Lucas Leiva!"

propeller74 repped this.
  16. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Of course, first league match I've missed all season :rolleyes:

17. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no - he said "here returns lucas leiva" - i.e. he'll be fully fit soon.

i love luis - but I now agree his finishing is so shitty it makes a 1 year old bewildered. his goal - and watch - while clinical - almost missed!!!

poor guy - he needs to understand that his team will try to help him

18. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Then I hope he likes my brand of sarcasm..:)

liverbird repped this.
  19. propeller74

propeller74 Member

Sep 15, 2008
    LA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We definitely need a win at Stoke to compensate, especially after Chelsea has bombed Villa 7-0! None to pleased about that course of events.

20. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    didn't get to see the match, but am enjoying the positive commentary here.
    glad to hear stewie played well with GJ on the right.
    glad to see BR listened to me and gave allen and raheem a break today.
    8th place, 5 points out of 4th (or 7th, depending on how you look at it).
    Now on to Stoke - we need a strong performance there for once.

21. drobny23

drobny23 Member+

Jun 18, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Please be so kind as to miss the game vs. Stoke.

B.A., LiverpoolFanatic and poopoobigelow repped this.
  22. Fussballer

Fussballer Member+

Liverpool FC
    Sep 18, 2002
    In my head
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This was the commanding performance I've been longing for. BR needs to have his lads execute like this every week. Downers, wish I could say he's turned the corner (is it because BR's put him on showcase for a Jan exit?) but I've seen him do nothing since he was bought. But this was his best best match evah, only one and a half years too late. ;)

"I wish Allen was out there" said no-one on Saturday (except maybe his mum and missus). We actually played really well without him. Lucas got his groove back and was great. Gerrard too. Now keep it!

Ynwa

23. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Gerrard put in quite a few mouth watering passes that left the comms drooling.

While Luis isn't the bad guy any more and seems to be the new good guy on the block, when they mention his name. 3rd highest goal scorer.

How come we don't buy Miguel Michu?

24. Kawklee

Kawklee BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 30, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Downing will not play like that again if he's put in next game. JAR was atrocious vs. him, showing him inside time and time again and never keeping his body balanced for the cut inside. His dependence on his left foot was never more evident than it was today. Rodgers was smart putting him on the right to exploit that, but I firmly doubt that he'll bring that level back if played at Stoke, or that he'll be around much longer.

25. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think Downing is incapable of doing this consistently. At Aston Villa and Middlesbrough, his team hardly had the ball that often so he was not asked to make decisions that quickly and often. He looks quite flustered when the ball keeps coming to him that's why, at left-back he looks decent as he can play that safe pass and leave the responsibility to somebody else.

EDIT Anyone else see this :D http://25.media.tumblr.com/528ec6e3ee732ff586312d8e169fdc7e/tumblr_mfilsmICwA1raxpsqo1_250.gif http://25.media.tumblr.com/f2358fa75eb67f0a3982b23c6f34e9a7/tumblr_mfilsmICwA1raxpsqo2_250.gif