Liverpool Pre-Season Tour & Friendlies Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by kopiteinkc, Jan 31, 2014.

1. B.A.

B.A. Member+

Sep 12, 2007
    IL
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Received a phone call from my LFC buddy last night, and he bought six tickets for Chicago - one of which is mine.

Hope work doesn't interfere with a quick trip north!

2. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will try to PM you, after I book my seats.

NYC will rock

burning247 repped this.
  3. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone going to Chicago? I have 2 decent seats I need to sell, won't charge a cent more than I paid for them. Let me know if anyone may be interested.

4. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    'Anyone going to the City game in NYC?

5. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes - but haven't bought tix yet

6. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Planning on it.

7. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Once again ticket prices are ridiculous. I'll just wait til I can get to Anfield.

8. ScholesyLFC

ScholesyLFC Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Holladay, Utah
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yep! we will be bringing TAW to each game and announcing some pretty cool stuff for the games. I'll be bringing the family and half the company!

9. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #59 liverbird, Mar 4, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
    Cool. I am going up a day early I will be standing with the LFC USA clubs behind one goal. It would be nice to meet

10. ScholesyLFC

ScholesyLFC Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Holladay, Utah
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think this is the perfect chance! We have to make sure we do!

liverbird repped this.
  11. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    The tour website says that the presale for the NY game begins March 11th. Does anyone have access to a presale code?

12. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe it's "getreadyforstickershock"

LiverpoolFanatic repped this.
  13. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok its on.

ScholesyLFC repped this.
  14. soccershaggy

soccershaggy Member+

May 18, 2003
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    what's the price range?

15. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the lower level supporters end it's $110 in the corner and $126 in the middle behind the goals. You get a doodad and a "commemorative" box that the ticket comes in at the $126 price. It is a flat out rip off but it's our club we are supporting and that's why I am paying it. And not going to any of the others. For half that price I will see a DCU game plus Spain practice slaughter of El Salvador a moth before this. I wouldn't go to that either except that I get it with my DCU season ticket.

EruditeHobo and burning247 repped this.
  16. alexspepa

alexspepa Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    come to Charlotte - I believe tix in the Liverpool end start at $71...$116 gets you suite club seating!

17. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude in the supporters corner 7th row I am paying $110 in Charlotte. I am going to both.

18. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fleecing the masses...

ScholesyLFC and newterp repped this.
  19. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hope the club is getting a good chunk of that money, then I won't feel as bad paying it.

20. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No a bunch of it is going to the assholes who organized it and to the stadiums

21. pxmoseredux

pxmoseredux Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Philly for me if I go. Would love to see us lay it on AC Milan for old time's sake...YNWA!

22. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Philly isn't a choice. ;)

23. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Reds will play Serie A side AS Roma at Fenway Park on Wednesday 23rd July - 30 years after the two teams met in the final of the 1984 European Cup final in Rome.

That match was famously won by Liverpool on penalties and when the two sides met again in New England in 2012, a sell-out crowd of 37,000 fans recreated the Anfield atmosphere at the historic home of the Boston Red Sox.

To enhance the match day experience, Liverpool erected a replica of the Shankly Gates outside the ballpark whilst inside, fans attempted to bring the Kop to Boston with a rousing rendition of the Liverpool's anthem 'You'll Never Walk Alone'.

"We are pleased to announce the latest leg of our pre-season tour, which takes us back to Boston," claimed Billy Hogan, the club's chief commercial officer. "This fixture gives thousands of fans in and around New England the chance to see Liverpool play.

"I distinctly remember the atmosphere at the game two years ago. It was incredible. The singing from the fans made Fenway Park feel like Anfield for the night."

The Boston fixture will be the club's first game in the United States this summer with matches in Chicago, New York and Charlotte already announced as part of the Guinness International Champions Cup tournament.

The Reds will take on Olympiacos on July 27th at Chicago's Soldier Field Stadium before travelling to New York to play Manchester City at the Yankee Stadium on July 30th with a final group-stage game to be played on August 2nd against AC Milan at the Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte.

As well as the all-important matches, Liverpool are looking to build on the success of the previous two pre-season summer tours and put in place a programme of activity off the pitch that will give fans better access to the club through player appearances and Liverpool FC Foundation activity in the local communities.

For Tom Werner, Liverpool FC chairman, the prospect of seeing Liverpool once again play at the oldest ballpark in Major League Baseball is an exciting one.

"Liverpool FC and AS Roma are two of the most highly regarded clubs in all of football and we're thrilled to welcome them back to Boston and showcase some of the world's top talent playing the 'Beautiful Game' right here on the pitch at Fenway Park. "The atmosphere at their first Fenway match was electric and with both clubs' passionate supporters, tremendous worldwide following and strong ties to the city, the rematch is sure to be memorable."

24. poopoobigelow

poopoobigelow Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 3, 2007
    VA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    argh! the day after i spend $300 for the nyc game they announce this one! i would have much rather gone to fenway...

Suss repped this.
  25. chitownred

chitownred New Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I have two tickets in the 100 level for the game in Chicago. I am trying to get rid of them at face value. If anybody is looking for tickets please PM me and I'll give you more info.