Liverpool Reserves & Academy Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Red Bird, Mar 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can always stream matches if you have no aversion to it. Quality is sometimes only OK, but it's better than nothing. I haven't owned a TV in 7.5 years and rarely miss a match. When I did have a TV it was only to watch Liverpool.

2. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So our mostly under 18 squad playing at under 21 level had a workman like victory on a cold windy Friday night in Stoke. 1-0 Cameron brannigan with the goal.

jeffcoop repped this.
  3. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's even cold and windy when the reserves play. Why does anyone live there? ;)

4. Kawklee

Kawklee BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 30, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NBC is expensive.... ?

Its a network television, its the most basic and free of any and all networks/channels, isn't it?

5. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Maybe I need to revisit my television bill - I pay some $90 a month - and all I really watch is footie....Can I get the "NBC Extra" channels (when LFC is not on the main channel) on a "basic" service?

6. Kawklee

Kawklee BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 30, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    may depend on your provider, and how much you enjoy complaining, fighting, and waiting on hold. My pops was able to strike a bunch of BS channels we didnt want, and keep some others, even though its more or less "against the rules" for the cable provider.

7. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Yeah - when there's no footie on, I spend a half-hour flipping through channels...thinking "with 100+ channels there must be something worth watching on"...not so...

And I can't stand all the adds on "regular TV"...

8. hubbabubba

hubbabubba Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2002
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Although this is getting off topic, I'll add my two cents. I spent $35 on a chromecast dongle about a month ago, and it has been worth every penny. With a PC, you can basically stream anything you can find on the internet to your TV with the chrome browser extension. It's more limited with iOS (as you have to run it through select apps), but I still expect that in the next year or two I'll probably be "cutting the cord" and switching completely over to internet-based TV.

Twenty26Six repped this.
  9. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    U-18s down 1-0 to Reading at Ht in the youth FA Cup. Reading had a great one man counter and are a very good team but we are unlucky not to be at least even.

10. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fantastic second half. Down 2-0 with 8 minutes to go the Reds get a goal from a long distant strike by CB Jordan Williams and then in the 94th minute Rossiter gets in the box to score from a McGuire cross. Rossiter the MOTM by miles

AndSomeAreAngels repped this.
  11. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a game. Liverpool goes up 4-2 in the first ET through two great assists by Canos and goals by Trickett-Smith and Wilson. But with Brannigan and Rossiter unable to tun with cramps they come back and tie it 4-4 in the second ET. Reading wins 5-4 in penalties when Brannigan missed his penalty. Great match but just a bit unlucky in the end

12. AndSomeAreAngels

Jun 7, 2003
    Brokelyn
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This kid can't come into the first team soon enough. Glad to hear Canos had a nice game as well.

13. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #738 liverbird, Mar 13, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
    As Dave Fairclough said he covered every blade of grass on the pitch. Sat in the holding role but stepped up or aside as necessary all night. And then, dare I say it, somewhat like Our Captain he went forward late looking to score and willed the ball in to tie the game. The kid made maybe one bad pass all game and played well with either foot. No wonder he is training at Melwood and playing for the u-21s at 16.

14. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    god I hope we manage his progress very carefully.

liverbird and Wingtips1 repped this.
  15. Chimaera

Chimaera Member

Mar 26, 2009
    La Plata, Maryland
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Between him and the Wilson kid, there's a lot to like down the road.

16. AndSomeAreAngels

Jun 7, 2003
    Brokelyn
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And Ibe and McLaughlin and Trickett-Smith and Sinclair and Texeira and Jones...

Wingtips1 repped this.
  17. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really like the Wilson kid too. More of a winger but something about his skill and attitude remind me a bit of Fowler.

18. Chimaera

Chimaera Member

Mar 26, 2009
    La Plata, Maryland
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Certainly. there's a lot of good young kids coming through, but I think Wilson's something special.

19. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    U-21s losing 1-0 to Blackeye Rovers at the half. They really miss Roositer and Brannagan who are being rested after The FA Youth Cup match. With players at Melwood and on loan we are a tad thin tonight.

20. AndSomeAreAngels

Jun 7, 2003
    Brokelyn
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's good to hear. I don't watch much of the reserves but I try to keep up with the progress of some players and it really is an outstanding crop. If Wilson is a standout, that's very impressive, as I genuinely think there are some first team players in this group.

21. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ended up 1-1. We looked a lot better when Rossiter and Brannagan came on. Took over the midfield. Rossiter is a genuine prospect. Fairclough said that when you see his face you know he's just a lad but at 6 foot and about 12 stone his body is that of a man.

22. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  23. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    This is awesome - I love to hear the kids signing on...I hope he has a stellar career at Anfield. Except for that ugly jersey - he looks like a real good kid!

24. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can't tell from his baby face but he is a big strong lad too

25. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    He's a midfielder yeah? Long term replacement for Stevie G?