Liverpool FC vs Tottenham - EPL -Mar 30 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Wingtips1, Mar 28, 2014.

1. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But it was because we picked them apart. We were prepared for how they would play and set up to attack their vulnerabilities. I give full marks to BR.

LiverpoolFanatic and kopiteinkc repped this.
  2. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah - we did everything we did to make them look bad. It's not like they didn't put out a pretty talented team generally speaking - but the difference that BR has given Liverpool is mental toughness. Tottensham didn't have that and as soon as the first goal went in - to me it became a question of how many we would score. Shortly there after Suarez just missed Sturridge on a very nice cross, Suarez took down a ball in the box that Kaboul just nicked away, and then Suarez scored.

3. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BR's tactical nous is showing more and more all the time. Under Rafa it seemed the system was fairly rigid. With Buck he caters more to the opponent. I imagine it drives opposition managers nuts trying to prepare not only for the attacking genius of SAS but the tactical tweaking of Rodgers.

liverbird repped this.
  4. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    From f365.com:

idreamofpikas repped this.
  5. owian

owian Member+

Liverpool FC, San Diego Loyal
    May 17, 2002
    San Diego
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Top o the league! top o the league! top o the league!

Can't f*** believe it but we are top of the league in April. I thought we were years away from even thinking this was possible. The performance was excellent and what impressed me most was they went in knowing they were playing for the top, and just dominated. No nerves no tightness, just we are better then them lets go win.

TV was reporting that the players showed up literally with their bags packed. Supposedly BR was going to give them a couple of days off after the match so a bunch were headed straight to the Airport. I have to admit I was nervous when I heard this but clearly BR knows his team and it looks brilliant. Get them out of England for a couple of days away from football in preparation for the next weekend. I love this team. It is starting to feel more like 05' then o9'

My thoughts on Glenn Johnson is I have complete trust in the current manager and owners. If they don't think Johnson is worth what he wants then I have no problem seeing him somewhere else, having said that I hope he stays.

6. owian

owian Member+

May 17, 2002
    San Diego
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey mate that's a bit harsh, I mean I know your jealous because our frostbiting regatta's are still warmer than your beer cans but that's not fair to wish HIM on us!.

usscouse repped this.
  7. owian

owian Member+

May 17, 2002
    San Diego
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yeh but how much is Roman going to be willing to spend, his name has been thrown around in future asset freezes.

8. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    please make that happened god.

Also - on the bags packed thing - it sounded to me like if we won the players were going to get the days off, not a guarantee. I might be wrong - but I suppose it doesn't matter given the performance.

9. blanconi

blanconi Member+

Aug 25, 2008
    Why are they freezing roman's assets?

10. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In retaliation for the Crimean invasion

blanconi repped this.
  11. owian

owian Member+

May 17, 2002
    San Diego
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He has historically been a close ally of Putin, as a result I have seen his name brought up as a candidate for freezes.
    Having said that he now holds British Citizenship and spends quite a bit of time (and money) in London so I don't think it's realistic (but we can still hope). I do think it is realistic that he might be a bit more cautious with his money. Even if he is not going to have his assets frozen this instability can't be good for his finances.

blanconi repped this.
  12. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    #162 usscouse, Apr 2, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
    Just like these guys......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. AnyLuckForEngland?

Jul 10, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We don't even have a team here for Sherwood to ruin. Just a bit of fun, that geezer is frozen solid. :p

owian repped this.