Liverpool FC vs Tottenham - EPL -Mar 30 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Wingtips1, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Anfield post code, lol.

2. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Still gotta play us, mate.

3. Fussballer

Fussballer Member+

Liverpool FC
    Sep 18, 2002
    In my head
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wow, the Lfc juggernaut continues to roll on. Did Spurs even know what hit them? Sterling made a big difference today. The lad makes the energizer bunny look lazy. Coutinho was impressive too, finally scoring on one of those long shots. And Suarez was his typical brilliant self.

Our GD is now 49 with 88 goals scored. We'll easily top 100 and Suarez will be the prem's all time leading goal scorer for a 38 match season. He could do this next match!

zenden, Wingtips1 and AwayKit repped this.
  4. AwayKit

AwayKit Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Despite the suspension and not taking penalties. It would be an amazing accomplishment.

B.A., LiverpoolFanatic and zenden repped this.
  5. zenden

zenden Member+

Nov 12, 2006
    yo estoy en Europa
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Squeaky bum time

burning247 repped this.
  6. idreamofpikas

idreamofpikas Member+

May 22, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    The atmosphere was fantastic today. I stupidly switched off my phone at half time, so missed an opportunity to take a pic of Hansen(taller than I thought he was), as he was letting fans do so in the corridor.

Flanno was brilliant, he's like an old fashioned 70's full back constantly tackling and winning the ball and moving the ball forward. In a team always looking for the counter him getting the ball while their players are still running forward gives us a huge advantage. Also, he's one of those players(like Momo a few years ago) where you appreciate him more watching the match than just watching what the camera's allow you to see.

Sterling was MOTM and desperately unlucky not to get a few assists. I think this is the game when people are going to have to shut up about him merely being a 'pace merchant' as his intelligence and technical ability was there for all to see.

What was brilliant today was that Suarez was not even one of our three best players. That is how strong we are, we can thrash teams on the strength of our other player's ability and not just rely on Luis.

The Spurs fans were pathetic, when Arsenal was losing all game at least their fans showed spirit, while there was just silence today.

Cheers Scholsey, todays win coincided with the sunniest day in the UK this year. Glorious day.

7. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Atmosphere was immense today! Two of my cousins were in the Kop today, felt good to have the crowd match the team. Sterling was incredible and our defending solid. Next up West Ham, one game at a time.

LiverpoolFanatic and idreamofpikas repped this.
  8. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Love all the positivity so let me be a bit of a downer.

Still think a big improvement over Glenn Jo is necessary and Hendo's finishing has to get better.

Also, with Flannagan's development what is going to happen when Enrique is back?

zenden repped this.
  9. imasyko

imasyko Member+

May 16, 2002
    Spring City, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not buying that Johnson is a liability, but if reports are true, he wants more money. He'd be a fool to leave now that this team is on such a tear, with CL next year.

Hendo has made major strides, but he may never be a scorer - some just aren't. Like me, I all but wet myself when presented with a clear shot on goal. :)

And Flanno's improvement means we won't have to spend in the transfer market on an over=priced LB, we can put that money towards the type of offensive players BR has been targeting but unable to land - Kono and Raketic, perhaps?

10. idreamofpikas

idreamofpikas Member+

May 22, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Both in the match program and the interview after the game Johnson repeated that this was the greatest football team he has played in and how much he is enjoying it. I'm pretty sure he is staying. Sorry B.A. ;)

Wingtips1 and B.A. repped this.
  11. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    As someone who was tough on Johnson, he is 100x better now. Henderson's shooting is annoying but he contributes much more to the game.

LiverpoolFanatic repped this.
  12. AnyLuckForEngland?

Jul 10, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm not sure if Johnson is gone or not, but he wants a lot of money, and he will be on the wrong side of 30 when next season begins (or shortly after next season begins.) He's had a lot of injury problems. I'd love to keep him. I love having so many English players in our side.

13. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    2 or 3 of them :) tried to start that slow tempo "When the Saints" abortion of theirs but it turned into a low sad moan.
    Whoever thought that was a good idea to lift the team spirits and offer encouragement, had to be from the White Hart lane area.

The Saint was in the crowd today as well. I believe he scored in the 3-1 win March 30 1964.

14. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
  15. idreamofpikas

idreamofpikas Member+

May 22, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

The Sterling,Suarez,Johnson combination play is amazing.

16. alexspepa

alexspepa Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    congrats guys...ripped us to shreds again.

go on now and win it all.

Twenty26Six, blanconi, Livergirl and 9 others repped this.
  17. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    #142 usscouse, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
    It took Johno a while to get back after he was hurt but you can see the guy's class and commitment, did you notice how much ground he covered yesterday and at speed.

Yet there are some here who can't see wood for trees and hate him.

Our back 4 were outstanding in this game. Especially when the midfield broke down and let them press for a while.
    Back 5! Mingolet is in that mix. Keeping concentration and reactions sharp in a one way game is hard.

18. ryered

ryered Member+

Jan 15, 2007
    Hill Country
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yeah GJ's proven himself as a great pro, playing hurt to help the team however he could, now getting back to normal which is a good level indeed. Will never be the greatest pure defender but offers a lot of other things.

19. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Game vs Tottenham was an all-round fantastic effort. I thought everyone played well, and Spurs never really threatened.

I love it when we score early...

Keep on!

20. jeffcoop

jeffcoop BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 11, 2006
    Central Indiana
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm still buzzing from yesterday's game. Great all-around performance.

kopiteinkc and liverbird repped this.
  21. coachamurton

coachamurton Member

Aug 7, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    6 Nerve-racking games to go.:) It's awesome to even be thinking it could happen. Let alone being in the driver's seat.

CB-West repped this.
  22. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I should get a prediction award ;)

23. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Yeah - but part of that is getting scored on in the first minutes...

24. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Because Liverpool didn't let them!

LiverpoolFanatic and Livergirl repped this.
  25. AndSomeAreAngels

Jun 7, 2003
    Brokelyn
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, except for the whole "tough match" part. ;)

My friend tweeted yesterday: "Watching the Liverpool-Spurs game (again), and Tottenham gets worse with every viewing. The team should've been disbanded in the 60th minute."