Liverpool FC vs Manchester Utd - FA Cup - Jan 28 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by usscouse, Jan 26, 2012.

1. revelationx

revelationx Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    London
    I think he is saying that he hopes Kelly could play for Ireland. USvsIreland is probably an American of Irish descent, from his post, plus his username hints at it. Kelly of course, is an Irish name. However Kelly is very much in the England frame and is surely on the verge of a full call up.

2. Grinners89

Grinners89 BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 8, 2007
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Can we calm down the Kelly hype?

He's not an international standard full-back yet due to his below average technical skill, offensive awareness and aerial ability (50-50's, heading, strength in protecting ball-drop-area etc).

EDIT: And before someone questions the aerial ability bit, Carroll, Skrtel, Agger, Carra, Coates, Kuyt, Lucas, Johnson, Aurelio, Suarez, D.Wilson, Sama, Wisdom and Flanagan of our current squad are arguably better than him, while Xabi, Riera, Torres, Hyypia, Kyrgiakos, Babel, N'Gog, Kewell, Crouch, Riise, Ayala, San Jose, Momo and Kewell of our former players are arguably better than him.

3. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Talk about Debbie Downer

A twenty year old just comes off a Cup tie start against the Auld Enemy in which he outplayed Giggs and Evra all afternoon and you have to post that he's not that good. Really? Was that absolutely necessary? In a most pedantic way

4. Grinners89

Grinners89 BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 8, 2007
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I said nothing really negative about him. He's been hyped ever since his first appearance and that is what's unnecessary. He is currently a good young player, with great physical attributes that could make him into a 'monster' type of player, one that has the ability to dominate a flank offensively and defensively, especially if he improves his offensive skills and continues to learn how to use his body to help him in 1 vs 1 situations.

Johnson, Richards and Walker are better than him at the moment, but he has the potential to be better than all of them if he continues to work hard.

5. revelationx

revelationx Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    London
    I know I pay more attention than you do to the England squad. If I want to talk Australian call-ups I'll defer to you. The top 4 English right backs are Johnson, Kelly, Walker and Richards. Smalling and Jones can do a job there too. Kelly is very close to an England call up, he has previously been name-checked by Capello as someone who has caught his attention.

6. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Richards looks a mixed bag right now. Makes an occasional mistake...:)

7. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia