Liverpool FC vs Manchester Utd - FA Cup - Jan 28 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by usscouse, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Chimaera

Chimaera Member

Mar 26, 2009
    La Plata, Maryland
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They're alright, they try to play football, but Liverpool at home should be better.

2. demolitionlover

Jan 29, 2007
    Butte
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They just did a good job knocking out the Geordies. This one won't be easy.

3. revelationx

revelationx Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    London
    Actually the stance of the club and the fans remains that Suarez is not actually guilty of racist abuse.

Many LFC fans have extensively studied the report of the Panel's findings and as such the lack of evidence is apparent to them. There was simply zero corroborating evidence used to secure a 'guilty' verdict. Evra's word by itself is not sufficient. There needs to be one of the following
    a) eye-witness corroboration of his account of this abuse, by either other players, officials, fans
    b) video evidence clearly showing the racial abuse occuring,

None of these things were presented by the prosecution, presumably because they don't exist. If they had these smoking guns then Suarez guilt would be proven beyond a doubt. Without them it comes down to simply one man's word against another. That is simply not sufficient to secure a conviction. Modern justice demands that if you cannot prove something then you do not convict anyway. Innocent until proven guilty means exactly that.

The FA Panel lacked the evidence required to secure a conviction but they went ahead and came to a guilty verdict anyway. This was a clear case of a miscarriage of justice. As such the verdict is NOT accepted by the Club, the Player and those fans who have actually read the Report and seen the verdict is clearly unsound. We support Suarez because we believe he is innocent until proven guilty - and his guilt has NOT been proven. The Report makes clear the lack of evidence in the FA Panel's Findings. Evra's account of events remains unsupported and uncorroborated by any other evidence.

Liverpool fans do NOT support Suarez because we still believe that he did NOT racially abuse Evra. We support Suarez because we believe he is innocent. We do NOT support Suarez because we believe he racially abused Evra and that we subsequently approve and support him in doing so. That would be condoning racism, and that is NOT the stand that LFC fans are taking on this issue.

Shame on you, for completely misunderstanding the stance taken by LFC fans on the Suarez case. Shame on you, for lecturing us here about this. It is LFC fans who are standing up for the principle of modern justice - innocent until proven guilty. If Suarez is guilty then prove it and we will accept he did wrong. Until you acually prove it, then we will still maintain his innocence. Shame on you, for expecting us to condemn a player when his guilt remains unproven by any modern standards of justice that require actual evidence.

LFC do not support or condone racism. That is just a terrible slander that you are implying. It is you who should be ashamed. By supporting the Suarez ban, you are tacitly approving a system where a player can be convicted and banned SOLELY on the word of another player and with zero corroborating evidence. Shame on you.

http://newsframes.wordpress.com/2012/01/23/media-on-racism-framing/#comments

4. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Agree. I watched the second half. They kept attacking up a goal and had chances of going up 2-0. They played smart, showed skill and passing. One decision on a shout for handball against them went in their favor (not unlike the Citeh handball midweek). Newcastle missed Ba

Our CC match report from September, fyi:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=331972&cc=5901

5. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Youve got to be kidding me. Trying hard ... not to ... no... must not do it. Shame on me if I respond. Shame on me if I respond. Shame on me if I respond.

6. ryered

ryered Member+

Jan 15, 2007
    Hill Country
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hold on, hold on... you can do this! Deep cleansing breaths, count till 10, do it again. There now. Better! Good lad!

Trollitis is a disease we must treat as such, and there has been an epidemic since the Suarez affair. We've already said what's needed to be said, quite eloquently. Now back to football...

7. revelationx

revelationx Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    London
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZiClyI6Ku4&feature=BFa&list=UUR_vjXrVpV9TI-GMGUVETcg&lf=plcp"]FUNNY - Liverpool 2-1 Manchester United FA Cup 4th Round - YouTube[/ame]

8. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I glanced at this guys other posts, seems he goes from board to board, thread to thread spreading his words of wisdom like some prophet of old. Bit of a self rightious trolling prick.

He even sent a long winded letter to the editor of "Economic Times of India" no less! Just to set him straight on the affairs of Blackburn Rovers. Just a little bit wierd I'm thinking.

Seems after watching part of a game he's now an expert on American Football and has decided that it's not good and the Super Bowl is a waste of time.
    Great...now we don't have to watch it next week.

Thanks for all your helpful insight Tom. 3 weeks in Big Soccer and you've already straightened a bunch of us out.

What I'm really surprised with is that Blackburn Rovers are running at 18th place. Even with the letters I'm sure you've been sending to the manager and owners. Never mind, I'm sure you're looking forward to a winning season in League one next season.

Nice to know that we're part of an OK club though

9. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
  10. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. never walk alone TPK

Sep 27, 2004
    nairobi, kenya
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kenya
    I was not impressed by Henderson at all the last two games. He does not mark his men or cover his area of the pitch. He has no positional sense, though I cannot blame him here as most of our players keep on moving around the pitch. The number of times I shouted at the telly asking him to close down a player, he simply lets the opposition pass the ball treks back, then moves forward and points at his fellow teammates to mark the player he let go off. United had a break and Scholes was unmarked running faster then Henderson into the box and had Valencia passed to Scholes he probably would have had a shot. There is a lot of work to do by Henderson and if he is just a passenger on the pitch I rather Kuyt play in the midfield. Henderson has a defined role when he is sent onto the pitch and the last two games he had two or three brilliant passes and the rest well he was just on the pitch. Maybe I am asking too much here but he has to take some initiative and improve his decision making not just back off.

12. ThatEndDown

ThatEndDown Member+

Dec 2, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, he's definitely leaving in the summer. :rolleyes:

13. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think anyone would share your opinion about Henderson - especially over the last 2 games.

He was excellent, tireless, and showed some great maturity. Could he have more of a cutting edge - yes - but I think that might come in time with a 21 yr old.

14. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the more I see that goal the more I am amazed:

Reina (1 touch) - Carrol (2nd touch) - Kuyt (3rd touch).

1-2-3. Wow.

15. never walk alone TPK

Sep 27, 2004
    nairobi, kenya
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kenya
    I disagree. I do want him to succeed and at 21 years of age he will get the general phrase "oh well he is young" attached to him. What exactly made him tireless and excellent?Maybe attacking wise he was but defensively he stood his ground and showed way too much respect to the opposition. I know a good midfielder does not need to go in tackling all the time, and he can win the ball by using intelligence rather then physical attributes but he did not do to much countless times he pointed to his teammates to track the man he let go. I would like it if you prove me wrong here.

16. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well when you are carrying Charlie Adam's water in one game, and then covering for a plodding Carra and a tired Gerrard in the second game - you can't sit there and go committing non-stop into tackles. What you can do is keep your man in front of you, do get beat, make him pass the ball away, and then make the interceptions and tackles as needed.

I'm not saying he's Lucas, or even Spearing - but he played a very cerebral game (2 games actually) in a position he doesn't normally play. He didn't make errors, or give away cheap fouls. And then he made numerous excellent 1 touch passes from the back to start breaks or made himself an outlet up the field to control possession or start an attack.

in any case - I'm not attacking you about it - but I see it very differently, as did most of the regulars here.

17. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i had to wait until Sunday afternoon to watch the match. what continues to baffle me is how unspirited Carroll is when the ball is at the goalie's feet and he's 15 meters away. he almost never tries to rush the goalie into making a mistake. he rarely tries to close down a back and force an errant pass. you would think that someone who is harried by defenders all the time would realize that the greatest enemy of making good plays is pressure.

contrast this with the fact that he makes a number of quite good defensive plays when he is in his own half.

in retrospect what i enjoyed most about the match was the recognition that the ManU fans, both in the stadium and watching on TV, were thinking that they would be able to drag Liverpool back to OT for the replay, maybe when Nani was fit, but that hope was snatched away from them with only 2 minutes of regular time on the clock.

oh, what a bitter pill. and how delicious to serve it up to their fans.

Skrtl had a very uneven match. several times he kicked the ball out of play when he had a fairly easy clearance. i think the bulk of those were with his right foot, so he should have done better. but he did make solid defensive plays.

if he didn't play for ManU, i wouldn't mind having Antonio Valencia on my team. very useful player.

18. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perhaps that was the tactics set out by the manager?

Our plan was to let them have the ball and stay tight for 60 minutes. All their possession led to very few chances. Its not unreasonable for players to pass off runners to teammates as they move out of their zone. Happens all the time. Communicating to your teammate about this seems to be a good thing to me, doesn't?

19. ryered

ryered Member+

Jan 15, 2007
    Hill Country
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Kenny, Moyes, Alex Ferguson, Redknapp and Villas Boas are sitting in a pub.

Moyes goes up and buys the first round of drinks. Villas Boas the second, Redknapp the third and Alex Ferguson the fourth.

Kenny buys the next but only comes back with four drinks. Ferguson complains "Where's mine?!" Kenny replies "Sorry pal, this is the fifth round and you're not in it".

20. never walk alone TPK

Sep 27, 2004
    nairobi, kenya
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kenya
    I agree with both posters on this case. Perhaps I expected more from him but if this was in reality a tactical approach as you pointed out with regards to covering both Adam/Carragher and Gerrard during the end of the game, as well as sucking up the pressure and trying to frustrate the opposition then it was well played.
    I might be putting him under the microscope but I will be pleased if he gets more involved in the game and this will come with experience, coaching and training. He is 21 and unfortunately in this league he will have to learn fast to justify his selection in the future and provide a transition to a time without Gerrard.

21. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I stole that. :D

22. ryered

ryered Member+

Jan 15, 2007
    Hill Country
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    So did I! ;)

23. Kawklee

Kawklee BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 30, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
  25. Kawklee

Kawklee BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 30, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What the heck does that have to do with a video of Martin Kelly vs United?