Liverpool FC vs Manchester Utd - FA Cup - Jan 28 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by usscouse, Jan 26, 2012.

1. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    All Credit goes to Kenny. He realized his system wasn't working and made the changes. Ballsy move taking off Stevie G too, but it paid off.

2. OhYouBeauty

OhYouBeauty Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FULL TIME!!!

Take that, you thuggalo, gutter trash, knuckle-dragging, troglodytic scumbuckets!!!

3. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Yeah, what an amazing final 10 minutes from Dirk AND Andy Carroll. It would be great if it got both of them going ;)

4. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  5. Vasu

Vasu Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah, I agree, Carroll did well enough in this match. Still not quite a Torres (Liverpool edition)-£15m player, but hopefully he goes on and improves from this display.

6. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Also since we all chirp referees so often for horrible performances, I think we should credit Mark Halsey for letting the players play, and showing no Howard Webb-like Yanited bias. Brilliant reffing. Perhaps coulda gave Maxi a yellow, but the key factor was he didn't send him off, and he didn't award penalties when both teams made unfortunate ball-to-hand contact. Best refereeing we've had all year.

7. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    As much as I hate to say it, congrats.. Fergie lost the plot when he took Scholesy off and moved Giggs to cm... Giggs and Carrick together as a cm pairing is always a recipe for disaster..

8. Ace38

Ace38 Member

Jun 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed Cody...hell of a match, well worth my 6:30AM wake up here in the states to watch. Best part...Patrice "Jessie Jackson" Evra blowing position on Kuyt's goal.

9. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Also, with this win, I am now more excited for cup matches than league matches for the remainder of the season. We're in the League Cup final and now both Manchesters are out of the FA Cup. Bring on the next one :)

10. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Patricia at fault for the second goal was amusing.

They did hold onto possession better than us, but possession without scoring is like masturbating without a happy finish. Not very satisfying, ;)

11. revelationx

revelationx Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    London
    Thanks. I thought Man U played well for most of the game. However despite this they did not really create many chances and work Reina. The performances we have seen this week at Anfield from Hart and De Gea are like chalk and cheese.

The game was tight, but Kuyt always gets stronger at the end of games, due to his greater endurance compared to the vast majority of players. Kuyt's ability to score or make a goal always seems to increase near the end of matches as his opponents tire physically and mentally.

12. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    Well done Liverpool, well done

made my day,

dont know what made Dalglish keep that big oaf on the field, but it worked out in the end

even the icing on the cake with that piece of crap being beaten by Kuyt for the goal

perfect, just perfect...

13. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    And I know they had a weakened side, but then again, so did we. Not as weak, but definitely not our best starting XI, plus we were tired both mentally & physically after the mid week semi final, so I think that added to us not pressing as much and letting them have time & space on the ball.

14. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For the week, Liverpool 2 - Manchester 0

Reina to Carroll's noggin to Dirk and pick the ball out of the net. And that it burned Evra is extra spice. It only would have been better if it had been an Evra OG.

I questioned our tactics but it worked out. See what happens when you get somebody up close to the big lad. And by the way, Andy and Kelly formed a great line to protect quarterback dAgger for the first goal too.

I thought Kelly had a great match

Enrique. Not his day at all. Rafael dominated him.

Skirt and Agger and Pepe solid as ever.

Carra did little in his shift but did soak up minutes.

Gerrard was Gerrard but is still not completely back. He is getting there though.

Covered Andy.

Maxi ok

Henderson was quietly very effective. I like him more every day.

Downing, a waste most of the day.

Adam came on and played well

Bellamy is Mr.Microwave. He comes on and heats the team up very quickly.

Dirk came on and was brilliant. His second great game this week. He showed what happens when you get effective two way play on the wing. My hero, the hardest working man in soccer business.

The Kop was magnificent all game and it looked like the Kop would come down with the noise for the last minutes.

All of you who questioned the King can now bow down and worship.

15. moondance

moondance Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Liverpool UK
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  16. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    THERE'S ONLY ONE DIRK KUYT

DAgger and Dirk Stab the scum twice.​

Game of 3 halves, wasn't it. The only thing I was thankful of was Carra didn't play on the wing. Young Martin kept Giggs and the little shit under control for the most part. Early on Jose bossed Raphael in attack but lacked in defence.

Good to see Maxi start wasn't it. Almost scored early on, just too close to the keeper. If you look at 'that' tackle closely, notice that the studs didn't show until after the ball was played, yeh, 2 feet but come on. (And I didn't think Kompany's tackle was worth a card either.) Different ref's with different ideas on how to run a match. Halsey let the players play. The others want to star in it!

17. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Now there's a happy and relieved supporter.
    Bet he played every kick for the 93 minutes,

18. jeffcoop

jeffcoop BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 11, 2006
    Central Indiana
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Grinners called it in the media thread:

So great to see Kuyt torment a top opponent again. He lives for these games.

19. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Everything I love about the beautiful game embodied in those 90 minutes. What a thrill, what a game, what a result.

20. ryered

ryered Member+

Jan 15, 2007
    Hill Country
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Very satisfying result, marred only by Kuyt's shocking racial abuse of poor Evra at the end with that insensitive run right past him, and white supremacist strike for the winner. Only saw the end (and what a finish) so will look forward to watching the whole match now. Seems Kenny got the subs just right this time, and it was good to see the Carroll nod on to release Diggler. A great week after a pretty dreary one.

21. Italiaman

Italiaman Member

Jun 14, 2008
    I think that if you are a real fan you stop criticising certain players each game. They are a team. It's so funny to watch so many fans here rant and rave about every player, and then as soon as they score, or win, everyone is back on the bandwagon. Now it's Carroll. Then it was Dirk, Downing, Bellamy, etc. Now Dirk and Bellamy are out and out HEROES!!!

My favourite slogan on this thread is from the person who says if you can't support us when we lose, then don't support us when we win.

Carroll played very good from what I see. The keeper was side-tracked with him on the first goal, and he made a great assist on the second goal.

Either support the whole TEAM or don't support them. Or at least have some patience with players. GREAT win! GREAT! GREAT! GREAT!

22. revelationx

revelationx Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    London
    The game went as I expected. Man U started strong as we rested the in-form Bellamy. After an hour Scholes and Giggs tired and lost energy. We brought on fresh attackers including the pacy Bellamy and this told in the end.

Kuyt has now scored 4 goals against Man U in the last 12 months.

Apparently Evra has spoken to Canal+ and complained that Fergie has called him a sh1t defender, at least 10 times. :eek:

23. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Definitely was jumping around like mad in the family room on kuyts goal. Heart was racing.

24. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    There's only one Dirk Kuyt. Absolute ********ing legend! Question him at your own peril!

25. AndSomeAreAngels

Jun 7, 2003
    Brokelyn
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dirk is a legend. He's had a rough season so far but that last-gasp winner has to rank among his greatest moments as a professional footballer. He really should've scored another to seal it after Carroll hit the post with his header, but no harm no foul.

Absolutely love the delicious poetic justice of Evra getting smoked for the winner. He is a spineless, conniving little shit and he got beat by the man whose testimony the FA completely ignored in Kangaroo Court. He also should've done better on the corner, if you ask me, though that one's on the £20M-pound keeper, David DeGeajajajajajajaja.

Quick question - was anyone else livid that they didn't call that back-pass late in the game? They never showed a replay, but live I swore DeGea handled what was a clear pass right back to him. Should've been a FK inside the box.