Liverpool FC in the Media (Linked Articles Only) V

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by el-capitano, Dec 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. idreamofpikas

idreamofpikas Member+

May 22, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Paragraph 2 you mention that 3 Liverpool employees were sitting together on a trip from Paris and talking. Is this really a scandal? In the 3rd paragraph you mention that a player who started in 48 games in all competitions the previous season was given a contract extension.

Now lets forget any type of sentimentality for our vice captain and remember that in 09/10 we had the 3rd best defence in the league. Centre back was our strongest position and lo and behold 2 years later with the same 3 centre backs it remains so.

2. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    D'oh! :eek:

Note to self: When you're going to make up a story to make yourself look important and in the know, make sure no obvious holes can be found in the details.

Doesn't everyone know that when you're sitting in a train carriage be it Amtrak, the NYC subway, National Rail in the UK, TGV in France, the T in Boston, the Metro in DC and Paris, it is impossible to see from one carriage to another?

Stupid, stupid, stupid. Now I've made an ass of myself for all to see. D'oh!

3. Twenty26Six

Twenty26Six Feeling Sheepish...

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :rolleyes::cool:

4. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm so confused. :confused:

5. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Simon Hill chats with Liverpool head of fitness and conditioning Darren Burgess

6. lotsogolazo

lotsogolazo Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Great article. As I've grown to learn more about football, I realize how much I under appreciated how much he did for the club. I like to read any news featuring him.

What makes it great is he's not tied to a club so he can pretty much say whatever he wants.

7. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opi...l-to-go-fourth-and-prosper-article882748.html

8. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    ;)

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1099157/Dalglish-maintains-belief-in-squad

9. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Fairclough tells Liverpool stars they are letting King Kenny down

10. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  11. ScholesyLFC

ScholesyLFC Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Holladay, Utah
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  12. ryered

ryered Member+

Jan 15, 2007
    Hill Country
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Absolutely. The one good thing to come out of the last three months is that Dalglish will have ample justification for making wholesale changes in the squad. Nobody should consider themselves safe - starting with the current captain.

13. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    My real fear, as with Benitez there at the end, is whether he actually recognises what has gone wrong this season. Not knowing exactly what goes on behind the scences, and Dalglish is masterful at concealing things, we're in the realms of speculation. Signs are not encouraging since the turn of the year.

EDIT: Just read the article in Echo- what's Aldridge's problem? Did he really need to stick in the knife:confused:

14. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Dalglish in the dock as Henry and Co prepare review of Liverpool crisis

15. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ar...-Liverpool-Kenny-Dalglish--Martin-Samuel.html

16. ScholesyLFC

ScholesyLFC Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Holladay, Utah
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  17. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While it is tempting to leap for a new shiny model, I have come to the conclusion that Kenny should be given the chance to have a new campaign with all the players he brought in. A full camp and the addition of some key acquisitions. He should also be given some explicit expectations for that campaign both in Europa and in the League. It's only fair and he should also be asked to look at staff and what they bring to the table.

We are roughly where Houllier was in 2000. Out of Europe this year but going to have a campaign in the lower level European competition. He should get the same chance as Ged

18. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    STICK OR TWIST? A LESSON FROM HISTORY

19. ScholesyLFC

ScholesyLFC Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Holladay, Utah
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's funny but I came to the same conclusion today, I think he deserves the next full season. Doesn't mean I don't think he should be open to criticism, if anything it makes him more open to it but I think he deserves another season.

I'd like it to be without Commi input though.... not going to happen but it's on my wishlist. I'd like to see who Dalglish wants to buy and how he'll play them.

20. lotsogolazo

lotsogolazo Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    He deserves a full summer and the start of another season. If things don't improve by September/October, then we have issues.

21. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly don't get the concern or confusion over Comolli's role. He has spoken at length a number of times about how they select players.

Kenny: "We need a player who can do X".

Comolli: "Here are the guys we think can do what you need, here are the pros and cons of each. Who do you want?"

Kenny: "Lets get him"

Comolli: "Okay"

Comolli goes and makes the deal.

Doesn't seem that difficult of a concept, or unworkable.

If its not Comolli making the deals and negotiating the contracts, who would it be? Ayre? Kenny? Not sure its either of their strengths.

22. That Phat Hat

That Phat Hat Member+

Nov 14, 2002
    Just Barely Outside the Beltway
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Are we discussing that Jonathan Wilson article?

Because I don't think the commenters at Guardian are reading it properly - even Wilson concedes that the injury to Lucas has affected the form more than any disruption Gerrard brings to the shape of the team (which, of course leads to the next question - we're clearly not talking about the Stevie G of yore if his presence can't overcome the absence of another player).

What complicates matters is that Gerrard's return has more or less coincided with Lucas' injury and the fallout of the Evra/Suarez row. But I think you do have to address the question of whether Gerrard's presence in the side is a net positive or a negative, given the significant dropoff in other players' performance with him in the side.

23. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The problem is we not Gerrard. It's not enough players of his quality at the club.

24. That Phat Hat

That Phat Hat Member+

Nov 14, 2002
    Just Barely Outside the Beltway
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Be that as it may, it is a problem if those sub-Gerrard players perform measurably worse with him in the side. Either Gerrard is the problem or the way he's being used is the problem.