Lionel Messi - La pulga atómica - part II (r)

Discussion in 'Argentinos Abroad' started by Pekerman, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Re: Lionel Messi - La Pulga Atomica - part II (r)

Another game, another ridiculous goal by Messi.

2. phil80

phil80 Member

Aug 25, 2007

How can you think Aguero, Tevez, Lavezzi, Gago fit Riquelme's style better than Messi's? I have addressed this point earlier that these types of players play short,less-touches passing football which is exactly the way Messi plays, so how is the team changing towards Messi style, it's the exact opposite, as you are implying them to change to Riquelme's.

3. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

It's not a question of adapting to Riquelme's style as much as it is adapting to Argentina's possession style of futbol. What you fail to realize is that all these players for the exception of Lionel developed theirs ways by playing in La Primera and not Europe. Especially Gago and Tevez when factoring in their Boca roots. You are disregarding the fact that more than one way to play the game exists and it's not always tiqui tiqui fast paced single touches. I'm not discounting that style but I also don't believe it's a be all and end all and surely no guarantee of success. The bottom line is Messi with the national team need not play so damn forward to be more effective. Tactics that hardly have anything to do with Riquelme.

4. phil80

phil80 Member

Aug 25, 2007

The disparity is not in the pace, as Gago doesnt play fast paced, but in the distribution of possession. All of the attacking players listed like the ball at their feet and need that constant distribution from the midfield, to combine with them and also allow them to run at defenders. They are not Crespo type of players and the team doesnt need to go through one player and rely only on him to creat plays. Argentina has always been excellent at ball movement and spreading out the distribution of passes and thats what these new crop of players are best at doing, but when the ball is being held up and only going through one player, it becomes too predictable , especially when the others are more than capable of creating on their own

5. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I think it's a matter of the players playing and practicing together. If you watched the olympics, Riquelme and Messi both played, but the ball didn't go through Roman at all times. Gago, De Maria, Zabaleta, Monzon and others showed themselves as creative options and all contributed.

During the eliminatiorias, it hasn't happened as much, and as you say, it's true that at times players do seem to be standing around waiting for Roman to do something, but I think it's more a function of them not playing together for an extended period of time than of Roman's style of play.

But not to worry. I trust that Maradona will know what to do to maximize Messi's potential.

6. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Messi's secret is solar and wind energy, not atomic.

7. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE

You will see it's going to be Ronaldinho all over again. I want to be wrong but unfortunately...

8. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Unfortunately you can't perceive the future. Fortunately for us.

9. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

That's 3 beautiful potential goals that have been denied by the post 3 weeks in a row. Two of them potential hatricks. I make you all aware of this, because it's my job.

10. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: La Pulga vale por 5.000

Sólo media hora de juego le bastó a Lionel Messi, quien marcó dos goles en la victoria del Barcelona sobre Racing de Santander por 2 a 1. El segundo tanto representó para el club catalán el número cinco mil en su historia en la Liga. (Agradecemos a ESPN por las imágenes)

More...

11. superfrantheman

superfrantheman Red Card

Nov 11, 2006
    Olvidados de Dios
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Lionel Messi Comenzo Su Gran Historia en Peru

Bueno, ahi tenia 9, 10 anios y ya jugaba para el Newells Old Boys, pero a esa edad se fue a Peru a jugar la COPA DE LA AMISTAD....

aqui un video

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H8VrPQRmLY"]YouTube - LIONEL MESSI JUGANDO DE NIÑO EN PERU - ENEMIGOS INTIMOS "LA PULGA ATOMICA"[/ame]

12. RacingGirl

RacingGirl Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 8, 2005
    SoCal
    Club:
    Racing Club de Avellaneda
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Great video! thanks for posting it. He was such a superstar even at that age.

13. superfrantheman

superfrantheman Red Card

Nov 11, 2006
    Olvidados de Dios
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru

yes but i guess that the program shouldve made the messi's part longer....

14. El Mandrake

El Mandrake Member

Mar 21, 2004
    en la popu

I heard that barca uses some contraption the bathes him beta waves or something is for injury prevention . That plus the super soldier serum they gave him to help grow when he was a kid makes us a serious contender for it ALL.

15. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Omega Wave se llama la maquina.

16. Siempreconlamecha

Apr 4, 2005

before any contrary ideas emerge, omega wave is used in a monitoring system to regulate training intensity. Therefore this in itself doesn't help prevent injury, however it aids trainers in achieving optimal performance in an athlete and avoiding overstress injuries.

btw, one of the poorest performances by Messi with a Barcelona jersey against espanyol... ie. he wasn't the savior they needed.

17. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Any links to follow up on Omega Wave technology?

18. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005

Funny how impressive Messi is in a "poor" performance. He would have had two assists if Henry had finished. (high quality option if you click on the video and go to youtube).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKVLRlnqqsc"]YouTube - Messi vs Espanyol 21.02.2009[/ame]

19. phil80

phil80 Member

Aug 25, 2007

That's been the story for most of the past two seasons. Good video.

20. Siempreconlamecha

Apr 4, 2005

www.omegawave.com

21. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Amen, Henry was crap and should get the strap Messi put it on the plate, Eto was poor I think as well and Xavi, not too mention the great goalkeeping by one and the complete crap by the other.
    Messi can't always do it it all.:rolleyes:

22. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Messi lays on 2 goaden chances for Henry and that's when he's had a "poor" game. :D

The worst performance was by the ref, what a shocking decision to send of Keita.

23. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006

I have a problem with players who hold the ball too much like Eto'o and Guddy. Eto'o is too damn selfish and over the top, he scores some nice individual goals but misses a lot of easy ones. Guddy is simply a very average player who did well in the hack league known as the EPL.

Messi was begging for a simple pass his way, all while he himself played the role of provider.

24. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Messi should be given more the role of provider, but Eto` for some strange reason is likes playin the role of #10 for some reason. The coach doesn't know how to incorporate Eto and Messi. Coach is depending on Eto to create some chances when that stupid thick ******** should be nothing but a striker and let Messi Orchestrate the ball. I bet this all goes down to stroking the Ego of the players and the coach relays into that to Eto so he gives him more responsibilies than he should have. The result is you have a player who hogs the ball, goes over the top and f's up more than you can imagine. Stick him above and let him do his shit, let the midfield and attacking mids do their shit, simple game of football this is.

25. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors

Absolutely ridiculous. Yes, players do have roles on a team but football is not a mechanized game with a rigid structure for every player. When you have a forward with the dynamism and versatility of Eto'o, you don't tell him to pitch a tent in the box and wait to be fed. With his speed and mobility, good shooting touch from short and long distance, above average passing touch for his position, great on the ball skills (both facing defenders and back to goal), Pep, much like his predecessor Rijkaard, have used him optimally.

Now, does he f' up? Of course. He misses way too many easy goals and turns the ball over sometimes. But those are not debilitating flaws to the team, as amply proved by the success of the team. The bottom line is that he does his job extremely well, and at times better than everyone else. Could he be better? Obviously. But why shouldn't he be allowed to create when he has that ability? It's not the coach trying to stroke egos. It's the coach correctly using an asset. I will never understand what's wrong with 26 goals out of 32 appearances. Clearly, that's not a forward trying to do TOO MUCH in terms of creating chances.